• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokemon Pyrite

thepsynergist

A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region
Years
Honestly, I've been working on this project for so long that I've lost complete interest in it. I've been working on it for over a year before this thread was created. I've decided that I will release all of what I have of the game and its source code so that people can use it as they see fit.

I will also include a guide to show people what would have been in the latest patch and if someone wants to finish it, they are more than welcome, but as of now, the project is cancelled...

I hate to disappoint you all, but I'm just not feeling much into Pokemon as I did a few years ago.

However, if anyone else is interested, I'm making an original RPG using XAS for RPG Maker VX Ace. All details will from now on be placed on the PlanetDev forum, specifically this link removed.

Again, I apologize for letting you all down, but this project was too big for just me to make.

You may also check out the link in my sig, if for some reason a mod doesn't like me closing my own thread and leaving a means of people still getting a hold of me...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Feb 16, 2013
this definitely looks like it has some better fanmade pokemon then other games i've seen.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Please don't bump threads which have not been active for more than two months.

Locked.

EDIT: Thread reopened at author's request.

Last edited:

thepsynergist

Years
Hey guys, long time no see.

I've returned with some good news. I'm continuing work on Pokemon Pyrite. However, I have slimmed down my goal of 24 badges and allowing full access to Kanto and Johto.

The game will be complete after I finish working on Gym's 7 and 8 (just finished 6), the Xiades Event, the final encounter with the Mask of Ice, and The Pokemon League.

With this information, the game completion rate has risen to about 80%.

Once I fix some of the bugs preventing its release, I shall update the thread with Patch 0.4.

You'll also get to battle Xiades, for the first time. He won't join your party until after you defeat the Mask of Ice and regain your lost Pokemon. But, he will be a most valuable asset to your team.

The first battle with Xiades, you'll fight him just after you get the badge from Ravensdale Summit (Badge 6.) He will be level 60, and very powerful. You will not be able to catch him, so don't waste any Pokeballs (current bug is that a Master Ball has a chance of catching him, trying to figure out how to bypass this.) The object of the battle is just to be able to defeat him with your current party. He will voluntarily join your party after the Mask of Ice is finally defeated.

I hope this news is good for you all to hear, as it was very hard on me to choose to quit working on Pokemon Pyrite. It was a time in my life I just needed a break. I have been working on this game since I graduated High School (2008), so its no surprise that I would have been burned out by it, eventually.

That said, you guys can hear from me about the upcoming patch, very soon.

Have a good summer,

thepsynergist

thepsynergist

Years
Update:
All attack animations are now in game. Having 370 different attack animations took longer than I thought. >.>

It may be a bug with Vista, but I seem to have trouble getting my Mystery Gift script working like it used to. Currently, I have it so that it checks if you have not received a particular gift already, then it connects to my website, and reads a text file I have stored there, and gives you the gift. However, the game says, "the script is taking too long", or it'll tell me that I don't have a internet connection. ^ ^; Can't have a Pokemon fangame without bugs, I guess...

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Update:
All attack animations are now in game. Having 370 different attack animations took longer than I thought. >.>

It may be a bug with Vista, but I seem to have trouble getting my Mystery Gift script working like it used to. Currently, I have it so that it checks if you have not received a particular gift already, then it connects to my website, and reads a text file I have stored there, and gives you the gift. However, the game says, "the script is taking too long", or it'll tell me that I don't have a internet connection. ^ ^; Can't have a Pokemon fangame without bugs, I guess...

370 different animations? That is pretty awesome :o

Good to see you're back, hope you will finish it :)

thepsynergist

Years
Update:
Still testing my game by playing it through from start to where I have done (didn't realize how much content was in this game. :/
This is mainly to locate balance issues.

I had more trouble than I care to admit with Jade, the 4th gym leader. I probably shouldn't have given her a level 31 Bronzong. >.>

The "Bullet Hell" minigame will be available for play in this next release (PokeTouhou for Game Corner Coins.)

I will update more when the next patch will be available to upload. Working on a bug with the in-game "Journal" that will tell you what quests you currently are on. At the moment, as soon as I grab the 5th quest in the main questline, the game will give me a "cannot convert nil to string" or whatever, so I'm having my friend, formerly known as Crazyninjaguy, (he goes by Smith0r now) work on it. As soon as he finishes his 3 day long breakfast... (long story)

thepsynergist

Years
The download link is from when Megaupload was still around. I'm still working on Patch 0.5. I'll update the download link when I finish it.

I'm still waiting for Crazyninjaguy to fix my quest script. I might just have to disable it next patch so the game doesn't crash. =/

thepsynergist

Years
Some updates:

My current scripter has chosen to abandon my project, so I will have to drop the quest system from my Pokegear, as it has a bug that I cannot fix myself... So, you'll have to remember where you have to go and pay attention to text. The bug, as you might have read before, causes the game to crash when you view the quest menu after you receive your 5th quest. This is not acceptable, and I'd rather the game not have a quest system than allow a major bug like that impede gameplay.

I'm sure a lot of people don't want to hear this, but because of this, the patch will take longer to do (not as long as you might think, probably only a few more weeks.) I've also decided that the Xiades appearance needs to be at or around the 7th gym leader, rather than the 6th.

The story placement just wouldn't warrant Xiades's appearance until the Mask of Ice makes another appearance.

The story currently places you in Giovanni's care (hehehe) after you obtain the 6th badge. You must again flee Team Rocket and meet up with the other pokedex holders (Red, Blue, Green, Gold) and team up to rescue Yellow. After you defeat the 7th Gym, you will have the 2nd to last Mask of Ice encounter and you will then meet Xiades. After you face the 8th and final gym leader, you will then learn of the Mask of Ice's true ambitions.

I hope this info will tide you over, but if it won't...
whosThat_zps234ceafa.png

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
Can I just say (Im sure im not the first to either) this game looks awesome, cant wait until its finished.

I was just wondering if you have a time frame of when the full game version will be available?

Also appreciate the frequent updates :)

thepsynergist

Years
Can I just say (Im sure im not the first to either) this game looks awesome, cant wait until its finished.

I was just wondering if you have a time frame of when the full game version will be available?

Also appreciate the frequent updates :)

I've been out of town all weekend. I'm currently in the middle of setting up the event leading up to the 2nd to last Mask of Ice encounter, and the 7th gym.

I don't have a real accurate time frame, especially since I've been working off and on with this project since early 2009/late 2008.

I promise to keep you guys updated, as I have been doing recently.

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2014
I've been out of town all weekend. I'm currently in the middle of setting up the event leading up to the 2nd to last Mask of Ice encounter, and the 7th gym.

I don't have a real accurate time frame, especially since I've been working off and on with this project since early 2009/late 2008.

I promise to keep you guys updated, as I have been doing recently.

Thanks for the quick reply. Appreciate the updates and Im sure will be well worth the wait :)

Back