• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Really memorable quotes from the Pokemon games

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthWolfblade

Returning breeder
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jul 19, 2013
[SIZE="a"]Develop amnesia conveniently and forget everything you've heard!
- Rocket Grunt in FR/LG[/SIZE]

Years
"We must have it to attract Pokemon in great numbers!"

- Two Team Galactic Grunts (Floaroma Meadow, Diamond, Pearl & Platinum)

(Marriland loves this line, it was one of his favorites)

aceattorneyweirdgirl

oh heck oh frig im girl now
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 28, 2024
"For the honour of the branch office! Here I go!" (Pokefan, Battle Subway)

"Pfft! Good bye for now, child. I'll remember this!" (Same Pokefan)

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
Years
I mean, stuff like "Dropped my balls" is memorable, but for the wrong reason. If I were to pick a quote that was memorable for another reason...

"This is goodbye... or is it?"

Cello

Tonight!
Years
"Once every few years, the Champions of each region gather and compete to see who is the strongest! An interesting idea, don't you agree?"
-Cynthia when you beat her during the Summer in B/W

Something I would absolutely love to see in a Pokemon game someday. That quote gives me chills up my spine just thinking about the possibilities.

Spiron

High life.
Years
While I can't contribute to this thread with an actual quote; I might get bashed for spam, here... but whatever. Kudos to the original poster of this thread and to everyone who has added to it so far. I've always been fascinated with some of the things people say within the games. A lot of the stuff seems way too "adult", if you'll allow me, for games aimed towards a children's demographic. Amazing thread. Sucks I can't input. Well, for the time being anyway. My head's a little fuzzy on Tuesdays.

User19sq

"An Egg is the cradle of every being. The planet itself is an Egg in a sense... Life that comes from an Egg will come to an end in due course... to begin anew... That may be what Arceus wanted to show us."
-Cynthia, HeartGold and SoulSilver

"Mwa ha ha! Since I couldn't become the hero and obtain the legendary Pokémon myself... I prepared someone for that purpose--N! He's nothing more than a freak without a human heart. Do you think you're going to get through to a warped person like that?!"
-Ghetsis, Black and White I don't know why I like that quote; I just do.

"But there is nothing more beautiful and terrifying than innocence."
-Concordia, Black and White

"Welcome, <player>. I was looking forward to seeing you here one day. You... What did you see on your journey with Pokémon? What did you feel, meeting so many other Trainers like you? What has awoken in you? I want you to hit me with it all! Now, bring it!"
-Steven, Ruby and Sapphire

And a joke one, just because...

"Burn, baby, burn!"
-N, Black and White

"There's a movie on TV. Four boys are walking on railroad tracks. I better go too."

I'm pretty sure that's a reference to one of Stephen King's books.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 21, 2024
Merged the funny quote thread since people found it hard to differentiate between the two, and the Sydian saw that that was the best fit for the threads.

Tashiro

Total Perspective Vortex
Years
"EVERY BATTLE HAS A SMELL."

Battle Frontier, Emerald.

It's become my catch phrase, sort of.

Last edited:

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
"Oops, wrong way."

Yeah, even the TV says that you're an idiot.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
"Hit me with your best shot!"....(when defeated) "Fired away!" -Hiker in Rock Tunnel R/B/Y/FR/LG

"I'm a heartbreaker... My name... Charles."

JUGGLER: "Dropped my balls!"

"Did you know that Pokemon evolves? " - I think a Bug Catcher in Viridian Forest (Me: NAH REALLY? YOU DON'T SAY ")

"I came when I heard you beat the Elite Four"

"Nicely done! You didn't win, but that was a good battle. Your Pokémon looked like they were having fun. Young man, if there are people like you who pursue strength, there are also people who are happy just being with Pokémon. There are many different people and many different answers. When it comes to what a Champion should be, you and I may hold differing views, but so be it! Give it some thought." -Alder Route 5 after defeating the preschoolers

"It's about when I first met you in Accumula Town. I was shocked when I heard what your Pokémon was saying. I was shocked because that Pokémon said it liked you. It said it wanted to be with you."
"I couldn't understand it. I couldn't believe there were Pokémon that liked people. Because, up until that moment, I'd never known a Pokémon like that. The longer my journey continued, the more unsure I became. All I kept meeting were Pokémon and people who communicated with one another and helped one another. That was why I needed to confirm my beliefs by battling with you. I wanted to confront you hero-to-hero. I needed that more than anything."
"There's no way a person like me, someone who understands only Pokémon— No, actually… I didn't understand them, either. No way could I measure up to you, when you had met so many Pokémon and were surrounded by friends…" -N after you beat him the last time.

"My name is Cynthia. I'm a Trainer just like you."
I don't know why that quote always stuck to me

"You're not wearing shorts! What's wrong with you?" ~Youngster

"It's a secret switch! Press it? Who wouldn't?"

"Don't touch the poster at the Game Corner! There's no secret switch behind it!"- Rocket Grunt

"‎A competent woman is as good at Pokemon battles as she is at her work!" - Secretary Momoka, Black/White

and lastly

Hi! I like shorts! They're comfy and easy to wear!" ~Youngster

Last edited:

Joshawott

Banned
Years
"You are right that we're all different and we should do the things that we can do. There are as many truths and ideals as there are people and Pokémon. The most important thing is that we help one another out. That's why people and Pokémon are always by each other's side. That's what I've come to think lately." ~ Cheren

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
You looked at me, didn't you?-Lass from Route 3
and
Smell ya later- Gary/Green/Whatever Oak

And i know there are more.

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
"Are you a boy? Or are you a girl?"

There was also this sign in Mahogany town that made a shop that only MIGHT have a Team Rocket base inside of it look very inconspicuous, so inconspicuous that nobody would ever in a million years assume that there is a Team Rocket base inside of it. This particular sign read:

"Just A Souvenir Shop. Nothing Suspicious About It. No Need To Be Alarmed."

Very normal and inconspicuous, don't you think?

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
Years
I find it hard to remember full quotes, and reading some of them in this thread really indicates that Pokémon's not just for children, and why people of all ages can enjoy the games.

Anyways, the quote that stuck to me the most, which I end up repeating at least once a year and which always make me take precautionary measures is this one:

Cheeks are most prone to burning. - Female Swimmer in Slateport harbor.

It's true.

WasSollDas

Fighting / Psychic ROOLZ!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 8, 2016
I can't remember the exact words, but I can remember one line from my rival in Azalea city, pokemon crystal.

"I hate the weak."
That struck me hard, because when I was a kid, I was also focused on the pure power of Pokemon, so......yeah. That line really got me back then.

But then, he said (sth similar to this:)

"Go away. A weakling like you just wastes my time."
I laughed so hard at that: I just owned him in a PKMN match and that's what he says to me ^^

DarkWolf13

Battle Subway Editor
Years
I love the quotes from a Baker from the Super Subway Line.

"As I knead the dough, I'll knead you into shape" -Before battle

"Do you need to kneaded a little more, or should I sandwich you with bread?" -Winning against the player

"Oooh, I'll remember this! I'll turn you into a sandwich someday!"- Losing against the player

This Baker obviously didn't care if she lose or not. I just love those quotes. She's just one of the many trainers who don't care of they win or lose. I saw there were some trainers who get mad at the player for losing to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back