• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

"What is this? Is it fake? How much is it worth?" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 23, 2017
I wasn't able to find information on this card when looking around the web, so hoping maybe some of you guys can help me. I've had this card since I was a kid and kept it in pretty good shape. Most of my cards are worthless, but this one always had a special place in my heart for the weird watermark it came with. Looks like a little green stone or something.

As I have no interest in cards and cannot post links at this time, please message me if you can help and I'll link it that way, I guess. I don't want to waste your time with 5 random posts from myself.

Cheers,
Chris

Years
I wasn't able to find information on this card when looking around the web, so hoping maybe some of you guys can help me. I've had this card since I was a kid and kept it in pretty good shape. Most of my cards are worthless, but this one always had a special place in my heart for the weird watermark it came with. Looks like a little green stone or something.

As I have no interest in cards and cannot post links at this time, please message me if you can help and I'll link it that way, I guess. I don't want to waste your time with 5 random posts from myself.

Cheers,
Chris

Very likely that it is a counterfeit. What language is it in?

Also, you can upload pictures as attachments to posts to get around that linking limit (which exists solely to prevent spambots from posting links).

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Jul 25, 2017
Is this special? And also how much do you think this is worth?

Hi! So I went to the Japanese Osaka Pokemon Center in 2014 when the Phantom Gates collection got released. I pulled a japanese mega gengar ex and yes it is secret rare I checked. It is also 1st edition but I looked at other cards trying to get a good price but my card was different from others. i took a picture for you to see. Sorry the 1st edition sticker is too small to see.
ddf6d8887f.JPG

The japanese text in the card art is japanese and the card is also japanese. is this an issue or a misprint :3 because the english cards have japanese writing. Also how much do u reckon this card is? Ive been taking Good care of it and want to get it psa checked but just dont have the money rn. Also does anyone have any reccomendations to protect my cards to get a gem mint level. Also judging by the low quality pic sorry :3 what grade do you reckon this is? Thanks everyone :D

Years
Hi! So I went to the Japanese Osaka Pokemon Center in 2014 when the Phantom Gates collection got released. I pulled a japanese mega gengar ex and yes it is secret rare I checked. It is also 1st edition but I looked at other cards trying to get a good price but my card was different from others. i took a picture for you to see. Sorry the 1st edition sticker is too small to see.
ddf6d8887f.JPG

The japanese text in the card art is japanese and the card is also japanese. is this an issue or a misprint :3 because the english cards have japanese writing. Also how much do u reckon this card is? Ive been taking Good care of it and want to get it psa checked but just dont have the money rn. Also does anyone have any reccomendations to protect my cards to get a gem mint level. Also judging by the low quality pic sorry :3 what grade do you reckon this is? Thanks everyone :D

Moved your post to the appropriate thread for this type of thing.

As best as I can tell, this is how the card is supposed to be printed for that particular secret rare.

Can't really give a grade on that, though, because 1) grainy pic and 2) I'm not exactly an expert on condition necessarily (at least, I don't fancy myself one).

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
Hi guys, Stumbled upon an old set of Pokémon cards and I have a pikachu card that I can't find anywhere online. Anyone have any idea what it is?

It's a Japanese holo graphic number 25. Pikachu is jumping from the right to left side of the card, with lightning bolts coming out from all sides..

Years
Hi guys, Stumbled upon an old set of Pokémon cards and I have a pikachu card that I can't find anywhere online. Anyone have any idea what it is?

It's a Japanese holo graphic number 25. Pikachu is jumping from the right to left side of the card, with lightning bolts coming out from all sides..

Mind uploading a picture as an attachment? The thing about early Japanese cards is that they use the Pokedex number in the corner, though it should have a symbol of some sort to the lower right of the picture.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 2, 2017
Shadowless charizard very good condition rare i think?

Not too sure how much this is worth or how to tell small details... Could use some help.. Has this as a kid from '00 or '01... Got in a booster pack..

Attachments

• 20170727_003814.jpg
    20170727_003814.jpg
    989.2 KB · Views: 14
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Aug 2, 2017
What exactly do u want to see on the front?

Attachments

• 20170727_073058.jpg
    20170727_073058.jpg
    927.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20170727_073232.jpg
    20170727_073232.jpg
    993.8 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 3, 2017
Found these cards

Hey found these cards when I was cleaning out my place, are they worth anything?

Attachments

• IMG_7300.jpg
    IMG_7300.jpg
    1,000.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_7297.jpg
    IMG_7297.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7298.jpg
    IMG_7298.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 4
  • IMG_7302.jpg
    IMG_7302.jpg
    997.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7303.jpg
    IMG_7303.jpg
    994.1 KB · Views: 3
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 1, 2017
Hi there,

This is my card, i don't know much about it.
It is 1st edition, but his name is not sudowoodo but Usokki.
And bottom right corner it says 185/82.

Thank you so much for now!

If you need a picture http :// imgur.com/a/wHf1W
( cant post links)

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 29, 2017
Help identifying this card???!

I have been researching my boyfriends holographic rapidash (or so I believe, I dont speak Japanese), and I cant find a single thing on it!! It is a holographic card. Please help!

Attachments

• 1501305460362456048269.jpg
    1501305460362456048269.jpg
    261.1 KB · Views: 9
Years
I have been researching my boyfriends holographic rapidash (or so I believe, I dont speak Japanese), and I cant find a single thing on it!! It is a holographic card. Please help!
I know that the English equivalent would have been Blaine's Rapidash from the Gym Challenge series, though this was never holographic for the English release. I don't know much about the Japanese TCG cards though, so I'm going to move this thread over to our Pokemon TCG forum, and let the experts over there help you with this one!

MOVED.

Years
  • Age 55
  • Seen Jul 29, 2017
Help with value

Hi
I have been going through my old Pokemon cards and found a Porygon card... but it's spelt Porigon with an I . I cannot find any info on the web and no other cards with the same spelling. Any one got any ideas .

Attachments

• 20170729_122702.jpg
    20170729_122702.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 15

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Heya, and welcome to PC! I'm gonna move this over to the TCG section of the community. There, you can get your question answered. I hope you enjoy Pc!

Years
Gone ahead and merged all these into the thread for this stuff.

Not too sure how much this is worth or how to tell small details... Could use some help.. Has this as a kid from '00 or '01... Got in a booster pack..

What exactly do u want to see on the front?

With that scratch/crease across the front of the card, I'd say it's probably worth $10 at most.

Hey found these cards when I was cleaning out my place, are they worth anything?

Please see the first post of this thread and read rule 4. Those are all uncommons that are worth less than $0.50.

Hi there,

This is my card, i don't know much about it.
It is 1st edition, but his name is not sudowoodo but Usokki.
And bottom right corner it says 185/82.

Thank you so much for now!

If you need a picture http :// imgur.com/a/wHf1W
( cant post links)

Sorry, but that's a counterfeit card. Basically, what they did is too a scan of a Dark Muk card from the Team Rocket set and altered it substantially.

I know that the English equivalent would have been Blaine's Rapidash from the Gym Challenge series, though this was never holographic for the English release. I don't know much about the Japanese TCG cards though, so I'm going to move this thread over to our Pokemon TCG forum, and let the experts over there help you with this one!

MOVED.

Much appreciated! Do you know if it is worth anything?

So what this is, it's a counterfeit card. No Pokemon card has ever used the holofoil pattern used on this card. It has no value whatsoever.

Hi
I have been going through my old Pokemon cards and found a Porygon card... but it's spelt Porigon with an I . I cannot find any info on the web and no other cards with the same spelling. Any one got any ideas .

The reason you can't find anything on this is that the card is a counterfeit.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Jul 29, 2017
Help? What are these??

I don't know if I'm in the right spot for this. I found these at a flea market and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. Images should be attached.

Attachments

• IMG_8036.jpg
    IMG_8036.jpg
    926.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_8037.jpg
    IMG_8037.jpg
    718.9 KB · Views: 9
Years
I don't know if I'm in the right spot for this. I found these at a flea market and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. Images should be attached.

I've gone ahead and moved your post to the appropriate thread for these types of questions.

I'll have to get back to you on what these are because I'm still not 100% sure if they're legit or counterfeit. These being a flea market find means a high probability that they're counterfeit, but I'll have to do some research to confirm.

EDIT: Okay, so, I need some details. How many cards are in the box with Tyranitar? And is Tyranitar a holo? The answers to this are to help me to determine whether it's counterfeit or legit.

Old stuff, japanese, probably fake but I'm too lazy to actually check, not really worth anything.

Whoa whoa whoa hold up. I'm not sure these are actually counterfeits. Will have to find what the VS cards came in to confirm, though. The fact that they're a flea market find means the likelihood of being a counterfeit is still very high, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back