• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Pokémon Cards-Am I able to do this combo?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Dec 3, 2018
Ok so I was wondering if I would be able to use these three cards together? So starting with the Gothitelle, her attack requires 3 energies of any type to get the base 30 damage, then for every extra basic psychic energy, it adds 20 damage to the attack. Now with Gardevoir's Ability, she can turn 1 psychic energy to 2, so excluding the basic 3 energies for the attack, if you had 1 psychic energy doing +20 extra damage, that would become +40 damage, because it's 2 energies, not one.

Now we get to the part I'm questioning. So I have this double rainbow Energy, which the description is -Double rainbow energy can be attacked only to an Evolved Pokemon (excluding Pokémon-EX)l While in play, Double Rainbow Energy provides every type of energy but provides 2 energy at a time. (Doesn't count as a basic energy when not in play and has no effect other than providing energy). Damage done to your opponent's Pokémon by the Pokémon Double Rainbow energy is attached to is reduced by 10 (after applying weakness and resistance). When the Pokémon Double rainbow energy is attached to is no longer an evolved Pokémon, discard double rainbow energy.

So what I'm wondering is if I am able to use a double rainbow energy as two basic psychic energies. If so, am I able to double it's energy using Gardevoir's Ability? If so, that would equal 4 energies, which makes 80 damage minus the 10 damage from the energy, making a total of 70 damage with just the single Double Rainbow Energy Card. The part I am confused on is: Doesn't count as a basic energy when not in play... So is "in play" mean when it is attacked to a Pokémon, such as Gothitelle? In other words, the Gardivor's Ability requires a basic psychic energy, and the double rainbow energy says that it can count as two basic psychic energies only when in play... right? So can I get 70 Damage with a double rainbow energy or not?

Thx,
~SonicBlueTyphoon

Last edited:
Back