• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Greenlit: Fan Work Showcase: Hack Of The Month Reviews

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
I thought it'd be fun to write monthly reviews of each HotM winner that has a playable release, to give community projects a spotlight and (hopefully) generate more activity for both Daily and Rom Hacking!

They can be rated in the same categories as HotY; Graphics, Story, Gameplay, and General Appeal, after a short introduction/summary of the hack with a bunch of captioned screenshots of the playthrough. This could be followed by quotes from members saying what they liked and disliked about it and/or maybe some input from the author, whether that's a tip for playing or just some words about their work in general.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I thought it'd be fun to write monthly reviews of each HotM winner that has a playable release, to give community projects a spotlight and (hopefully) generate more activity for both Daily and Rom Hacking!
I think that'd be neat. We've done reviews of fan games before so this could be neat. Your plan on what to cover seems solid too.

Were you keen on writing any?

Going to also quote-notify the other rom hacking mods for their input.
Mateo said:
this is a message
Bela said:
this isn't a message

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
Yeah, I'm definitely up for the writing! Had a lot of fun writing the reviews for HotY so would love to have the opportunity to do more of that personally.

I don't want to speak for Bela/Mateo, but hoping they would be up for helping too so that we get a variety of different perspectives =)

Years
Definitely all for this. You have a solid plan and I think it's a great way to bring a focus onto the massive amounts of fan content we make here. It's one of those little things we have over similar forums so it's good to pay it some attention through Daily.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
In addition to reviewing the winners, would making regular announcement articles like this one be alright?

Back