• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Bug after leaving the start menu

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 20, 2021
Hello, I often had the same problem in rom hacking. When you move the OW characters on the map (with advance-map), the player plays with another OW character in-game after leaving the start menu. You play with the character next to you instead of the trainer Red.
I thought it was due to the event number or person number but I tried to mess with it, I spent many hours to find the solution but I never found the cause of this bug.

The bug is in Cinnabar gym, I didn't change the level script, I only changed the map scripts and moved the OWs.
Can you tell me why this happens ?

Years
  • Seen today
Hello, I often had the same problem in rom hacking. When you move the OW characters on the map (with advance-map), the player plays with another OW character in-game after leaving the start menu. You play with the character next to you instead of the trainer Red.
I thought it was due to the event number or person number but I tried to mess with it, I spent many hours to find the solution but I never found the cause of this bug.

The bug is in Cinnabar gym, I didn't change the level script, I only changed the map scripts and moved the OWs.
Can you tell me why this happens ?

You probably set an NPC's movement type in that map to 'look down'. The second 'look down' in the list is bugged and causes what you described. Make sure to select the first 'look down' in the list or select 'no movement' to fix your problem;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen May 20, 2021
Thank you Kalarie, this solved the problem ! I didn't know that it was from the movement.

Last edited:
Back