• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen 10 Days! What is your current hype level?

Years
I totally forget that Crystal will be released! Now I'm hyped :D
I'll probably buy it but won't play right now, because last two Pokemon games I've played are Gold and Silver and that's kinda enough of Johto for me for a while :D

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2018
I'm currently playing Gold on VC so I'm not really excited. But I will probably buy it in the future when I want to re-visit Johto.

sonic65101

Johto Champion
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 12, 2023
I already have Crystal pre-loaded. It'll be great to play Crystal again. I used to own a physical copy, but I lost it a couple years ago.

Years
My hype level has been into the stratosphere since it was announced. I nervously pace that I can't have it sooner. I haven't played Crystal since I was 12 and had a gameboy color copy. I'm strolling right down memory lane, singing. It will be also interesting to play it now in hindsight, I can breed shinies easily with Red Gyarados because in this gen a shiny parent significantly increased the odds of the shiny child. Any Pokemon I transport over will have their Dreamworld ability. I can even have a Celebi now.

I'm just thrilled. I didn't buy gold or silver on the e-store because I was waiting for this day. I had almost lost hope that it would come, and we'd see gen 8 games on the switch first. My prayers were answered. Now if only they do the same for Emerald some day.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 23
  • Online now
I played and finished Silver when it released on the eshop, so I'm not in the mood to play through Crystal.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'm excited! I haven't finished Gold yet but Crystal was always so much better lol so I'm really happy I will be able to explore Johto in a much easier way. Gold is like hard mode to me tbh.

Is crystal being released on the eshop or something o.o?

Jan 26 :) Yep!

Last edited:

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
Alright, my hype is back. Going to buy this and Night In The Woods on the same day. Can't wait to put countless hours into this.

Years
Definitely getting. Now I have no reason to finish Gold #oops ( ꒪ ꒪)ノ Crystal is one of the best games so I'm very hyped!

Years
Now that less than 24 hours are left in my part of the world I'm not even able to sleep well, not with Crystal so close within my reach. The hype level I feel is like knowing a great vacation is just hours away. Is anyone else frantically watching the clock yet?

Years
I'm incredibly hyped for Crystal Version. I've been playing through Gold again and missing being able to choose a girl, and the best female character at that. Plus all the additions, man was this the best of the best for Pokemon. I really can't wait for midnight.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Since I remember liking Crystal much more than Silver, I might just get Crystal instead of finishing Silver haha. I loved playing as Kris c:

Back