• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014

Oh. I thought RNG was the same?
Except for breeding, I think you said.
I wish I could play.

It looks like you got your wish for your birthday, mia. I hope to see your friend code for B2W2 shortly. We need to figure out a way to keep this thread and the RNG thread alive. So... question time!

Do you usually trade for mons or just give out gifts to people that deserve them?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Do you usually trade for mons or just give out gifts to people that deserve them?
I've collected most of the dex and then some more... multiple times? Haha. I like trading Pokemon with friends. I like having a box+ full of special Pokemon (I always have boxes named favorite, lovely, or sweet!). If I'm offered Pokemon with an unfamiliar OT (or the Pokemon is a duplicate or uninteresting to me in general), I likely don't feel like trading...

This makes me just start giving away Pokemon to deserving people (who have manners). Of course, I can't deal with this with timezones and slowbro posts. Just get on the chatroom and I may be in the giving mood, duh.

@twisted: pfft hidden hollows are so out of town!

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Much like Blade I have every Pokemon in existence in my possession so I like to give out special Pokemon in the rare occasions I do actually trade. I also like helping polite people out when they're desperate for a Pokemon!

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
I like giving more because my wants are to specific for people to handle them XD

Griffs, just post in our workshop on NB for mons :B

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
I give gifts to people that deserve them... and don't deserve them :p I've given away shinies I didn't want anymore to random SPP Wi-Fi'ers, battlers to friends in need... that stuff. I don't like keeping Pokemon I don't use, so if I DO have anything nowadays, it's not for trade. It's for my own use.

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
Years
I would rather give than get, mainly when it comes to pokemon esp. I like being able to be so helpful which is what makes me who I am :]

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Mac, in my defense, you're not the only one to give me the exact fatkiss. I got one from Blade with the same stats and all. :D

Only reason I leech is cuz I can't RNG still. But hey, sometimes I still breed nice things like that Ludicolo. :D
I love Ludi.

Katniss Everdeen

Just another tribute.
Years
Since I can get most of the things I want by myself I love giving out free Pokemon to people that can't.
My mons are pretty much obsolete now. xD

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2015
Umm...I randomly give my mons out if I'm feeling generous or pity someone or I just don't care. Mood swings. Gotta love'em. xDDD

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Have all the veteran traders stopped trading? :<

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Probably, I guess they just get to the point where they do not need trading anymore :(
True. It's still fun once in a whlie for me. :3
Maybe it'll be a little more active when B2W2 come out in EN.

Wiilio

Friendly neighborhood fatman
Years
I'd like to propose a new discussion topic, if that's alright. And I think almost everyone here can relate to it.

What's your favorite RNG?

Mine is my Scizor. I RNG'd her shininess, nature, and ability, and that's it (Gen 4). Her IVs came out to be 31/31/31/(26)/30/31 all on their own. So that was pretty cool!
Close second is Starmie. Same story with Scizor, except it was my first flawless (hex flawless at that) breed ever.

Melinda

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I'd like to propose a new discussion topic, if that's alright. And I think almost everyone here can relate to it.

What's your favorite RNG?

Mine is my Scizor. I RNG'd her shininess, nature, and ability, and that's it (Gen 4). Her IVs came out to be 31/31/31/(26)/30/31 all on their own. So that was pretty cool!
Close second is Starmie. Same story with Scizor, except it was my first flawless (hex flawless at that) breed ever.
My favorite RNG is my shiny Modest HP Electric Eevee from Platinum. My first successful IV RNG in 4th gen. :)
http://www.pokecheck.org/?p=detail&uid=789967

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2012
Pokecheck.org Question

I'm very new to these forums and also very new to Pokemon trading. I've never really played this games as anything more than a casual romp catching what is available and finishing the elite four and then shelving the game.

I'm starting to learn about the rest of these games that I've never really understood (Such as RNG and EV's and IV's and the GTS, ect)

I've looked into this Pokecheck.org thing, and I have some questions. I'd like to preface this with an apology in case this isn't the right place to be discussing it, or if using that tool is frowned upon here, but here are my questions.

If I upload a number of my own Pokemon from my Pokemon Black game, and then I delete the save file, and then gather them all back onto my new save, will they still have my personal trainer ID, or will they at that point be pokemon obtained from another trainer, and therefore level faster and disobey me if I'm not in possession of certain badges? (In other words, does my cartridge retain my trainer ID after a restarted save file, or is a new Trainer ID created when I do that?)

Also, if I were to use pokecheck.org to obtain other pokemon that I did NOT catch myself, and were uploaded by other players, is there a simple way to ensure that I'm getting real legal pokemon, and not pokemon created by hacking?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm very new to these forums and also very new to Pokemon trading. I've never really played this games as anything more than a casual romp catching what is available and finishing the elite four and then shelving the game.

I'm starting to learn about the rest of these games that I've never really understood (Such as RNG and EV's and IV's and the GTS, ect)

I've looked into this Pokecheck.org thing, and I have some questions. I'd like to preface this with an apology in case this isn't the right place to be discussing it, or if using that tool is frowned upon here, but here are my questions.

If I upload a number of my own Pokemon from my Pokemon Black game, and then I delete the save file, and then gather them all back onto my new save, will they still have my personal trainer ID, or will they at that point be pokemon obtained from another trainer, and therefore level faster and disobey me if I'm not in possession of certain badges? (In other words, does my cartridge retain my trainer ID after a restarted save file, or is a new Trainer ID created when I do that?)

Also, if I were to use pokecheck.org to obtain other pokemon that I did NOT catch myself, and were uploaded by other players, is there a simple way to ensure that I'm getting real legal pokemon, and not pokemon created by hacking?

The best you can do with Pokecheck is to check if the Pokemon are legal by using the legality analysis. And each time you start a new game, a new trainer ID is create so Pokemon with your previous trainer ID will be treated as non-native Pokemon.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
Probably, I guess they just get to the point where they do not need trading anymore :(

This..but mostly because trading over wifi is annoying. I'd still happily file trade, but it's not likely anyone needs anything anymore. ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back