• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where Legends Were Born (Legendary Pokemon)

How often do you use Legendary Pokemon in Competitive Battling?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Dialga and Palkia rule and fight on space and such, but Deoxys is the one Pokemon that is genuinely born in space. Palkia just rules it.

We have WAY too many dragons. Every single mascot from Rayquaza out is Dragon type. Even possibly for Pokemon Gray, which I am assuming theyll make, would have Kyurem, who is another dragon.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Wait isn't Shaymin a grass legendary lol.

Hmm the idea of new legendaries resembling the 7 deadly sins would be very interesting to say the least, have 3 exclusive to 1 version and the other 3 on the 2nd version and once you bring all 6 into one game you can catch the 7th member lol.

I believe Regigigas would win the royal rumble BTW, either him or Groudon simply due to how much bulk they each have lol.
Yes Shaymin is in fact a grass type. Was there a mistake somewhere? lol

Sky Form=Flying type as well

When I said a Grass/Dragon, I meant like we have Steel/Dragon (Dialga), Fire/Dragon (Reshiram), Flying/Dragon (Rayquaza), etc

Grasgion? LOL

Dialga and Palkia rule and fight on space and such, but Deoxys is the one Pokemon that is genuinely born in space. Palkia just rules it.

We have WAY too many dragons. Every single mascot from Rayquaza out is Dragon type. Even possibly for Pokemon Gray, which I am assuming theyll make, would have Kyurem, who is another dragon.
I was in the chatroom somewhere one day and they were discussing Pokemon. Someone mentioned that Kyurem is a common sense known Pokemon for the next Pokemon game..Pokemon Grey. Someone mentioned it's stupid to make assumption because Kyurem isn't even part of the story with Reshiram/Zekrom, so don't get your hopes up. I thought it was a bit funny, people say they aren't a trio because Kyurem doesn't go with them.

I don't know exactly what to consider them..but I know Reshiram/Zekrom were once one Dragon then separated, so I can see where that possibly came from. Which makes me wonder, will the next generation possibly bring about the two dragons fused together or something...? Mmm.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Yeah that would be a pretty cool typing there. wished that was for the Snivy line but oh well. Really wanna see a rock/dragon legendary too lol.

There would also need to be a fighting/dragon, normal/dragon and bug/dragon legendary at some point too haha.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Yeah that would be a pretty cool typing there. wished that was for the Snivy line but oh well. Really wanna see a rock/dragon legendary too lol.

There would also need to be a fighting/dragon, normal/dragon and bug/dragon legendary at some point too haha.
They even made up a Dark/Dragon with Hydreigon as well. So maybe they will bring up more. But I don't think all those will end up being Legendary though. Speaking of Rock/Dragon, I think that is very possible. There are designs anyone can think of to come up with a Rock/Dragon Pokemon. An Ancient Pokemon? Sounds Legendary to me.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
They even made up a Dark/Dragon with Hydreigon as well. So maybe they will bring up more. But I don't think all those will end up being Legendary though. Speaking of Rock/Dragon, I think that is very possible. There are designs anyone can think of to come up with a Rock/Dragon Pokemon. An Ancient Pokemon? Sounds Legendary to me.

Most likely not sadly but oh well. Haxorus should have been dragon/fighting if you ask me though lol.

Agreed on the rock/dragon type being a possible new legendary, maybe it will resemble a mummified chimera or something along those lines lol.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

Most likely not sadly but oh well. Haxorus should have been dragon/fighting if you ask me though lol.

Agreed on the rock/dragon type being a possible new legendary, maybe it will resemble a mummified chimera or something along those lines lol.
So Rock/Dragon and maybe a Grass/Dragon.

Not sure what the typing would be for the 5-6 senses and/or the 7 deadly sins

And of course, we need a Poison!!

And bring out Zekrom/Reshiram together before they were separated?

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
I've got the nasty case of dragon overload. LOL. Anyway,

Anyway, The 7 Deadly Sins? Never thought of that, that'd be a great idea! I was thinking more of a:

One Pokemon that sided with the humans many years ago in a war.
One Pokemon that controls all technology or simply like..The Matrix.
One Pokemon that is a leader of EACH Type. So for instance:

I am pretty sure Genesect was the one controlling technology. Or am I mistaken?

Wait isn't Shaymin a grass legendary lol.

Hmm the idea of new legendaries resembling the 7 deadly sins would be very interesting to say the least, have 3 exclusive to 1 version and the other 3 on the 2nd version and once you bring all 6 into one game you can catch the 7th member lol.

I love the idea of version exclusivity. Much like how Landorus will not appear in either game if the two other Kami's are not brought to him.

So Rock/Dragon and maybe a Grass/Dragon.

Not sure what the typing would be for the 5-6 senses and/or the 7 deadly sins

And of course, we need a Poison!!

And bring out Zekrom/Reshiram together before they were separated?

Rock/Dragon is totally a good idea! A Fossilized Dragon legendary, returned to life by modern techniques and such. Yup. I don't support Grass/Dragon Legendary.

I am thinking of Half Psychics for the seven sins.

Lust- pure psychic. female only.
Pride- pure psychic. male only.

this two are counterparts much like Lati@s.

Gluttony- normal Psychic
Anger- fighting Psychic.

This could be the version mascots.

Greed- Steel Psychic
Sloth- Ghost Psychic

Steel because coins are mostly made of steel. And Ghost, because I have no other ideas.

Envy- Dark Psychic

Final member and the third game mascot. :)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
I've got the nasty case of dragon overload. LOL. Anyway,

I am pretty sure Genesect was the one controlling technology. Or am I mistaken?

I love the idea of version exclusivity. Much like how Landorus will not appear in either game if the two other Kami's are not brought to him.

Rock/Dragon is totally a good idea! A Fossilized Dragon legendary, returned to life by modern techniques and such. Yup. I don't support Grass/Dragon Legendary.

Gluttony- normal Psychic
Anger- fighting Psychic.

Greed- Steel Psychic
Sloth- Ghost Psychic

Steel because coins are mostly made of steel. And Ghost, because I have no other ideas.

Envy- Dark Psychic

Final member and the third game mascot. :)
I don't really know much about Genesect. Which gave me an idea.

UPDATE/NEW CLUB ACTIVITY:
Will be a WEEKLY conversation.
For those who doesn't understand a specific Legendary, or want to learn more about them, we will have a fun activity.

In order, each member will share their insight for each specific Legendary Pokemon, and/or Trio(Try to go in order, starting with the Bird Trio, then Mewtwo/Mew, then the 3 Beasts, and so on) Every storyline or side-story you can come up with.

I personally haven't seen the movies after Heroes to be honest, and I stopped watching the Anime towards the end of the Sinnoh region. I would take interested in learning more about these creatures myself! Explain your personal feelings toward each Legendary and why you dislike/like them. Also whichever is considered the 'strongest.' The whole 9 yards!

Current Activity Dicussion:

The Bird Trio
144.png
145.png
146.png

Last edited:

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
Did anyone listen to me? We have too many dragons! They take up all the games. Yeah, they're cool, but we should have them as regular Pokemon, like Haxorus or Hydreigon.I mean, they make up more than 2/3 of all legends! That's crazy!

EDIT: Sorry, one third. XD

Now, moving on to the Rock/Dragon. I like the concept of it being found in the fosill and reviving it and such, but make it a different type. Something can be ancient without having the Dragon typing. Make it a Rock/Ghost type and have it be in charge of the souls of the dead or something.

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Did anyone listen to me? We have too many dragons! They take up all the games. Yeah, they're cool, but we should have them as regular Pokemon, like Haxorus or Hydreigon.I mean, they make up a little less than 2/3 of all legends! That's crazy!

Now, moving on to the Rock/Dragon. I like the concept of it being found in the fosill and reviving it and such, but make it a different type. Something can be ancient without having the Dragon typing. Make it a Rock/Ghost type and have it be in charge of the souls of the dead or something.
WE HEARD YOU!! LOL

Either way, it'll be interesting on what more they could possibly come up with. The way these past two generations came up with, I'm sure they'll make some rare typing outside of the Dragon ones. I do see a couple more Dragons coming along though. Maybe 1 or 2 more?

They should make the disease/ill/flu/cold Legendary Pokemon, Poison/Ice type or Poison/Bug or even possibly a Poison/Ghost type? (Since you can't see 'em)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016

That could go with the five senses. It could be the third mascot, kinda like how Giritina was in the DPt Series.
What exactly are the 5 senses, am I thinking differently with:

Feel, Touch, Smell, See, Hear?

Or are we talking about something else? lol

which typing do you think will go with each Senses?

Gluttony- normal Psychic
Anger- fighting Psychic.

Greed- Steel Psychic
Sloth- Ghost Psychic

Envy- Dark Psychic
Just like how Rancher did it.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Touch - Fighting
Sight - Ghost
Hear - Dark
Smell - Psychic
Feel - Steel

Just my speculations there lol.

In all honesty though the 7 deadly sins group sounds more interesting imo.

miltankRancher

Years
The legendary bird trio had been featured in the movie "Power of Three" (IIRC). Lugia is their master, if I know correctly, and the antagonist, [i think it is somebody with a number] was trying to collect the three birds in order to summon Lugia and capture it. I know it was foolish. LOL.

oh, and please, call me mR. :)

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
During the week, Discuss all you can about the Legendary Bird Trio, your past history in battles, your love for the Pokemon, and so on!

Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos consist of the first Legendary Trio Pokemon of the Pokeworld. They are the Legendary Birds, aka, the Winged Mirages!

The last part of each name, Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres are Spanish names for numbers, 1, 2 & 3 reflective in their National Pokedex order.

The legendary birds appear together in The Movie 200, where they rule over the islands surrounding Shamouti Island. If they are disturbed and begin to fight, only Lugia can stop them, though it will fail without additional help from the Chosen One.

The legendary bird trio had been featured in the movie "Power of Three" (IIRC). Lugia is their master, if I know correctly, and the antagonist, [i think it is somebody with a number] was trying to collect the three birds in order to summon Lugia and capture it. I know it was foolish. LOL.

oh, and please, call me mR. :)
Sorry about that LOL mR ;)

Ahh replied at the same exact time. Well now we can start.

We've discussed before about Heat Wave Zapdos. And being the only bird of the Trio without a 4x Weakness, Moltres is pretty much left in the dark. But when run with a Sunny Day team, Moltres could be a good one for a Solarbeam user, with Groudon possibly?

Articuno has the beauty design of them all.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I've always adored the bird trio especially during my younger years lol.

On Leaf Green last year when I confronted Zapdos I felt like it was the most intense wild encounter I ever had in all honesty lol, I had around 60 great balls and 80 ultra balls to use and my very last great ball ended up catching it as I yelled in joy lol.

Later on when I also caught Articuno as well I ended up using all 3 birds against the E4, most memorable moment of that time was when I sent out my Articuno against Lance's Dragonite where it very nearly KO'd my bird with Hyper Beam but my Articuno survived with only 2 HP and KO'd it back with Ice Beam lol.

That and the designs for all of them are amazing to say the very least haha.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Back in the Red/Blue/Yellow days, I certainly did enjoy catching them and immediately added them to my party, everytime (Plus Mewtwo). So I would for certain had those 4 in my party almost all the time afterwards.

For today I wanted to share the sprites here, how Moltres looked throughout the years: (Sunday Showing Articuno, Tuesday Zapdos)

146.png
146.png
146.png
146.png
146.png
146.png
146.png
146.gif
146.png
146.gif

Shiny Sprites
146.gif
146.png
146.png
146.png

When I first saw Moltres in its R/B form, I was effy about it. It looked like a Turkey saying 'eat me please.' But it was by far my favorite bird among the three back then.

I never had Green & his sprite was downright awful in my opinion. I really, really, REALLY do love his current sprite. Love how its foot actually lowers when he lowers to the ground and moves up closer to its body when raising up. I'd have to agree Moltres does probably looks the best with its Fiery body. I'd probably fly around on it rather than the other two.

It's shiny is just plain darker=awesome! The flames on it makes it more badassery than it's original color

NEW PotW: Kyogre
382.png

UPDATE!:
I have added on the main page the "Story/Background" to the fold. Search it up and tell me what you think. Any advice/suggestion would be appreciated, thanks!

Last edited:

miltankRancher

Years
Zapdos is actually my favorite of the three. He look too cool, and for me, that is what Legendary Pokemon should look like. I remember the time I first caught Zapdos back in FireRed. Realy hard, took me my 99 pokeballs, and a few ultra balls. Caught it with a premier. :\

145.gif

Look. :)

The other two, on the other hand, have not really gotten up to my expectations. Least favorite of the three is Articuno. terrible excuse for a legendary.

Moltres. Hmm. I am neutral to him. Never tried using him, that's why. But his shiny sprite is... average I guess.

And also, can I add a new partner? :) It's Zapdos with Libre as the nickname. Thanks!

and here is some kyogre images.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I'd be borderline impossible for me to pick a favorite out of the bird trio in all honesty lol. Oh I believe the guy who was after the bird trio and Lugia in the 2nd movie was called Lawrence the 3rd if memory serves lol.

Was also wondering if I can have Palkia as my 2nd legendary with Susano as its nickname please if that may be permitted.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Zapdos is actually my favorite of the three. He look too cool, and for me, that is what Legendary Pokemon should look like. I remember the time I first caught Zapdos back in FireRed. Realy hard, took me my 99 pokeballs, and a few ultra balls. Caught it with a premier. :\

145.gif

Look. :)

The other two, on the other hand, have not really gotten up to my expectations. Least favorite of the three is Articuno. terrible excuse for a legendary.

Moltres. Hmm. I am neutral to him. Never tried using him, that's why. But his shiny sprite is... average I guess.

And also, can I add a new partner? :) It's Zapdos with Libre as the nickname. Thanks!

and here is some kyogre images.

Spoiler:
Libre the Zapdos huh? Interesting nickname I think. She's been captured and is under your name ;)

Don't get me wrong, Zapdos is my favorite now of the trio, it used to be Moltres for the longest time however.

What is it that you hate so much about Articuno anyhow? :O If Articuno really did exist and was the only Pokemon, would you at least capture/train it for yourself or is she that hated by the mR? lol

I'd be borderline impossible for me to pick a favorite out of the bird trio in all honesty lol. Oh I believe the guy who was after the bird trio and Lugia in the 2nd movie was called Lawrence the 3rd if memory serves lol.

Was also wondering if I can have Palkia as my 2nd legendary with Susano as its nickname please if that may be permitted.
If you have the right amount of points (If you hover over your name on the main post) you can purchase whatever you want in the 'points shop.' No need to ask ;)

Palkia is getting captured by Xulek!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back