Challenge Logs For your own personal challenges!

Draconius GO

Old September 12th, 2017 (1:49 AM).
Audino master

So I finally get time and read your log.

It's really great retelling of the game and got me pretty hooked up.

Also, you named your Nidoqueen same as I always name my Nidoqueen :D

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 12th, 2017 (5:30 PM). Edited September 12th, 2017 by Alakazam17.
Hei minun ystäväni!
  • Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I'm glad to hear that you like it Janp. And that's a cool coincidence about the Nidoqueen!

As for Shadow and Gwen, I think I am going to copy what Knost did in his challenge and wait until they're at level 40. This won't be an official rule however, so further down the line I might decide to evolve others earlier, especially if movesets are effected.

Chapter 20 - The Long Way

I returned to the PokéCentre to heal my Pokémon and mix up my team. While there, I went to the Town Map to determine where my adventure would take me next.

I actually had three options of places to travel next. The closest of course was Saffron City, which I had crossed beneath several different times already. I knew there had to be some way past the guards, but for the moment I was stumped.

I could also go to Fuchsia City in the south, via one of two paths. The first was a nearly direct path from Celadon City, which was by the far the quickest. And the second was a winding road that connected to both Lavender Town and Vermilion City in the east before eventually reaching Fuchsia.

I eventually decided on the latter path, for two reasons: one, that there seemed to be more opportunities for adding new Pokémon to my team, and two, it would likely have a lot of trainers there to give my current Pokémon some much needed experience.

And so I was off! I crossed under Saffron City once more before returning to Lavender Town, at which point I took the southern exit to Route 12. It definitely seemed to be the most scenic route, as it consisted of a boardwalk built over a large patch of water.

"Looks like I'll be catching another Magikarp again," I muttered to myself as I made my way down the route. There were a number of Fishermen on the route who challenged me to battles. I used Stooges against most of them, still trying to get their strength to match that of the rest of the team. The two heads were learning to work together more than in the past, though there was still the occasional moment where their Pecks would be aimed at each other instead of their opponents.

With all the Fishermen defeated, I eventually found myself at an impasse. There was a large sleeping Pokémon in my way!

"Snor...lax...Snor...lax...zzzzzzzz"

It didn't take me long to realize that it was the same Pokémon that forced me to travel through the Rock Tunnel earlier, as I could just barely make out Route 11 on the other side.

Great, I thought, obviously not amused. What am I supposed to do now?

I sat there for longer than I'd like to admit before realizing that I actually had a means of waking the huge creature up. The Poké Flute!

I pulled the item out of my bag, and looked at it curiously. I had never played an instrument before, and I nervously thinking not only about what would happen if it didn't work, but also what would happen if it did work.

But there was no point in debating it any longer. I pulled the flute to my lips, and began to play. Almost immediately a soothing, charming melody began to come from the instrument. Is this really me doing this? I thought, amazed at how beautiful it sounded.

I wasn't the only one who noticed. "Snorlax!"

It worked! He's awake! "Shadow, I choose you!" I shouted, just in time to jump out of the way as the Snorlax swatted at my previous position.

"Haunter," Shadow chuckled as the Snorlax's grumpy rage passed right through her. She then cast a Night Shade on the Pokémon, barely leaving a scratch on his monstrous bulk.

This happened a few more times before the Snorlax slumped over and went back to sleep. Immediately all of Shadow's work weakening was for naught, as her opponent was once again back to full health.

"Keep it up," I said as Shadow continued to use Night Shade on the sleeping behemoth. It woke again, causing Shadow and I to fear more of the same.

Then..."Haunter!" Shadow unleashed a new attack, as a purple aura swirled around her opponent. She was using Hypnosis! The Snorlax fell asleep once again, though this time the restoration of health did not accompany it. And this allowed Shadow to slowly but surely whittle down his health.

"Snorlax!" he called out, no longer able to battle. He reluctantly got up and began to leave, likely heading back to his habitat high up in the mountains where he would no longer be disturbed.

As for me...I could now continue on my way!

I traveled further down Route 12, battling several more Fisherman along the way. One of them did not want to battle however, and just wanted to talk.

"Hey miss, do you like to fish?"

"Yes," I said, nodding. I had a feeling I knew where this was going.

"Wonderful!" he said, obviously delighted. "Take this," he continued, handing me the rod I was expecting.

"That's a Super Rod," he said. "You can catch many more Pokémon with that than you could with an Old Rod."

"Really?" I said. Now it was my turn to be delighted!

I decided to give it a shot to see if his words were accurate. I cast a line right there, and waited for a Pokémon to...Oh! It's a bite!

And...it wasn't a Magikarp!

"Seadra!"

It was a Seadra, the evolved form of Horsea. It was obviously a Water-type, but I had nothing to defend against said type so I sent out Shadow. "Shadow, use Hypnosis, then follow up with Night Shade!" She did as I asked, and I followed up with a series of Great Balls. The first one...miss! The second one...miss! The third one...success!

Touching the back fin causes numbness. It hooks its tail to coral to stay in place while sleeping.
Poseidon the Seadra, Level 35
-Bubble
-Smokescreen
-Leer
-Water Gun

With the battle over I sat down at the edge of the pier. Phew, that was tough! I thought. That was my most difficult capture yet. I originally had my doubts, but now I was glad that I had taken this route after all.

After a few minutes of sitting there I regained my composure and continued down the path. It soon passed back onto dry land as I found myself on Route 13. The Fishermen were now gone, and in their place were Bird Catchers. I still used Stooges against them, though more often than not I had to switch to Squishy to finish off some of the stronger foes.

I then found a patch of grass and decided to search for yet another new teammate. And it didn't take long before I had finally captured my first Grass-type of the journey. Though unfortunately its Grass-type attacks were already long forgotten.

Prefers hot and humid places. It ensnares tiny insects with its vines and devours them.
Leif the Bellsprout, Level 27
-Poisonpowder
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore
-Acid

I continued to battle the Bird Catchers on the route, and eventually I no longer needed Squishy's help at all as Stooges was holding on. This was especially so once they learned Drill Peck, after which they were knocking out anything that came across them in a single hit each. It didn't take much more of that before they got even stronger still, as third head soon came to join in on the fun.

One of Doduo's 2 heads splits to form a unique species. It runs close to 40 mph in prairies.
Stooges the Dodrio, Level 31
-Peck
-Growl
-Fury Attack
-Drill Peck

At this point I switched to leaving Puffy in the lead, as Stooges was already well on their way to becoming one of my main battlers. I thought Puffy had that potential as well, so I decided to see how she could handle the trainers of the route, And the answer was...no. =/ She at least could participate, albeit momentarily, which is what I let her do as we continued on our way.

We were now on Route 14 and at another patch of grass. I decided to have another go at catching a Pokémon. I put Shadow in the lead and waited for a Pokémon to appear. It did, and it only took a moment before I had captured it and had it sent to the PC.

This Pokémon is full of vitality. It constantly flies around its large territory in search of prey.
Boeing the Pidgeotto, Level 30
-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Whirlwind

There were a number of Bikers around now, though I found they were rather easy to handle once I realized that they all used Poison-types, namely Grimer and Koffing. All I had to do was use Claws, who was glad to be battling again after a long time in the PC, and every Grimer and every Koffing could each be defeated with a single Dig.

On to Route 15 now, where the Bikers, while still present, were now accompanied by Junior Trainers, including a number using Grass-types. This now called for Damon's attention, as in the Celadon Gym he could both suck up their poison and their health in general with his Leech Life attack.

And I of course also found another patch of grass, wherein I found another Grass-type.

Prefers hot and humid places. It ensnares tiny insects with its vines and devours them.
Fiore the Bellsprout, Level 26
-Poisonpowder
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore
-Acid

I battled the few Junior Trainers who were remaining on the route before reaching the gatehouse that would bring me to Fuchsia City. I didn't know what adventures awaited me on the other side, but I was more than eager to find out.

Chapter 20 Round-up

Money: 148,291
Time: 24:09
Living: 22
Dead: 3
Soft-Resets: 1

Badge Case

Items

Poké Ball x 3
Great Ball x 17
Super Potion x 1
Full Restore x 1
Hyper Potion x 2
Max Potion x 1
Ether x 2
Max Ether x 2
Elixir x 2
PP Up x 2
X Special x 1
X Accuracy x 1
Moon Stone x 3
Escape Rope x 3
Rare Candy x 3

Team

Damon the Golbat, Level 31
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite
-Confuse Ray

Puffy the Jigglypuff, Level 26
-Sing
-Pound
-Doubleslap
-Defense Curl

Squishy the Gyarados, Level 33
-Leer
-Tackle
-Bite
-Dragon Rage

Claws the Dugtrio, Level 33
-Scratch
-Growl
-Dig
-Sand Attack

-Peck
-Growl
-Fury Attack
-Drill Peck

Shadow the Haunter, Level 32
-Lick
-Confuse Ray
-Night Shade
-Hypnosis

Other Pokémon

Spoiler:

Boxed

Spoiler:

Loki the Raticate, Level 22
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Ivanna the Nidoqueen, Level 30
-Poison Sting
-Body Slam
-Scratch
-Double Kick

Cotton the Butterfree, Level 27
-Sleep Powder
-Confusion
-Poisonpowder
-Stun Spore

Odin the Raticate, Level 22
-Tackle
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Hyper Fang

Toxika the Venonat, level 22
-Tackle
-Poisonpowder
-Supersonic
-Confusion

Aria the Pidgeotto, Level 23
-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Whirlwind

Pip the Pidgeotto, Level 22
-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Whirlwind

Xena the Nidorina, Level 22
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick
-Poison Sting

Charli the Nidorina, Level 22
-Tackle
-Scratch
-Double Kick
-Poison Sting

Elena the Golbat, Level 22
-Leech Life
-Supersonic
-Bite
-Confuse Ray

Gwen the Kadabra, Level 30
-Teleport
-Confusion
-Disable
-Psybeam

Floppy the Magikarp, Level 12
-Splash

-Bubble
-Smokescreen
-Leer
-Water Gun

-Poisonpowder
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore
-Acid

-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack
-Whirlwind

-Poisonpowder
-Sleep Powder
-Stun Spore
-Acid

Dead

Spoiler:

Concord the Pidgeotto, level 18
-Gust
-Sand Attack
-Quick Attack

Feathers the Spearow, Level 17
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer
-Fury Attack

Drumstix the Spearow, Level 13
-Peck
-Growl
-Leer

In case anyone's wondering, the *real* reason why I took the eastern path to Fuchsia is because I want the Super Rod with me whenever I hit the bike trail.

And I finally got some Grass-types! :D Unfortunately they've forgotten Vine Whip. =/ I think I'll keep Leif a Bellsprout until Level 33 before evolving him so that he can learn Razor Leaf.
Old September 12th, 2017 (5:35 PM).

Nature: Adamant
    I truly love this Locke! Great job :)
    Old September 13th, 2017 (7:06 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
      If you intend to do any grinding, I recommend the patch of grass on Cycling road where Ponyta are common. Ponyta, Fearow and an occasional Dodrio all yield over 600 xp per wild fight(with Doduo's giving 356 to 384). It leads to quick leveling if you're persistent enough, although Grass and Bug types have a harder time due to their weakness to both Flying and Fire. So far a good read, keep it up :). Maybe you will get lucky in Safari Zone and fish a Dratini(and perhaps catch it).
      Old September 13th, 2017 (8:14 AM). Edited September 13th, 2017 by Alakazam17.
      Hei minun ystäväni!
      • Crystal Tier

Quote:
      Originally Posted by CodeHelmet View Post
      If you intend to do any grinding, I recommend the patch of grass on Cycling road where Ponyta are common. Ponyta, Fearow and an occasional Dodrio all yield over 600 xp per wild fight(with Doduo's giving 356 to 384). It leads to quick leveling if you're persistent enough, although Grass and Bug types have a harder time due to their weakness to both Flying and Fire. So far a good read, keep it up . Maybe you will get lucky in Safari Zone and fish a Dratini(and perhaps catch it).
      I'm going to try to use Team Rocket for grinding, though they may not be enough. Route 17 is a god suggestion for training though, and I may try it if the Rockets don't give me enough experience. I've also been eyeing that patch for Ponyta, though as I said earlier there's not a very high chance that I'll get one.

As for the Safari Zone, that is already proving to be a dilemma for me. From looking at appearance charts, I see that I must choose between a 50% chance of getting another member of the Nidoran family in the grass, or a 70% chance of getting another Magikarp with the Super Rod. And of course I know from past experience that Dratini love to flee, so I'm leaning towards taking my chances in the grass and hoping that I get either Exeggcute, Paras, or Cubone.
      Old September 13th, 2017 (8:18 AM).

Quote:
        Originally Posted by Alakazam17 View Post
        I'm going to try to use Team Rocket for grinding, though they may not be enough. Route 17 is a god suggestion for training though, and I may try it if the Rockets don't give me enough experience. I've also been eyeing that patch for Ponyta, though as I said earlier there's not a very high chance that I'll get one.

As for the Safari Zone, that is already proving to be a dilemma. From looking at appearance charts, I see that I must choose between a 50% chance of getting another member of the Nidoran family in the grass, or a 70% of getting another Magikarp with the Super Rod. And of course I know from past experience that Dratini love to flee, so I'm leaning towards taking my chances in the grass and hoping that I get either Exeggcute, Paras, or Cubone.
        Don't forget Scyther, Pinsir, Tauros, Rhyhorn and if your lucky Chansey and Tangela. I would throw Kangaskhan in there too but you pretty much have one Safari Ball chance at catching it. Also while Dratini love to run, the darn area is purely based on luck and there are multiple zones that I think qualify as a new area. I've caught Pokemon with 1 Safari Ball while others take me like 100 and multiple run-ins. Just try and fish in each new area and hope for a Dratini.
        Old September 13th, 2017 (10:04 AM).

I love this series - it has got me absolutely hooked and inspired to start a journey log of my own :)
          Old September 16th, 2017 (1:28 PM). Edited September 16th, 2017 by Alakazam17.
          Hei minun ystäväni!
          • Crystal Tier

I left out Pinsir, Scyther, Chansey, and the rest because I was actually hoping that I wouldn't encounter them due to their proneness to fleeing. And I'm considering the entirety of the Safari Zone as one area, so I only had one chance to catch one Pokémon. And well...you'll find out how that turned out in a moment. xD

And thank you for your post Living Arrow! I'm glad to hear that you like it, and I wish you the best in your upcoming journey.

Chapter 21 - Like a Red Rag

Upon passing through the gatehouse, I could see the welcoming board to Fuchsia City. "Behold, it's Passion Pink!" the sign read, I stood there confused, and for a moment I even thought that everything around me had pink highlights. It must be my imagination, I thought as I headed to the PokéCentre.

As per tradition, I both healed and switched up my Pokémon team at the PokéCentre and stocked up on balls at the PokéMart. However this time I passed over even the Great Balls, as I found they had Ultra Balls in stock. I took twenty.

I continued to explore the city until I came across a small pond. And by the pond their was a Fisherman.

"Hello there miss," he said upon noticing me. "Do you like to-."

"Yes, I love to fish," I said before he could finish. I had had this conversation twice already, and it was getting rather old.

However what wasn't Old was the rod. Nor was it Super. It was the in-between rod, the "Good" Rod.

They seriously need to come up with better names for these things, I thought as I accepted the rod and thanked the man. I then cast a line right then and looking, anxious to see what kind of new Pokémon I would be encountering. I waited, and waited, and...Oh! It's a bite!

Just as I expected, it was neither another Magikarp nor an already strong Pokémon like Posiedon. Instead, it was a Poliwag! It tried blowing some Bubbles at Shadow, but they barely did a thing. I threw a Poké Ball and...it was caught!

The direction of the spiral on the belly differs by area. It is more adept at swimming than walking.
          Gamabunta the Poliwag, Level 10
          -Bubble

I explored the city a little more, soon arriving at the beach on Route 19. There were a pair of male Swimmers there who challenged me to battles, and I obliged, taking out all of their Pokémon with Stooges and Shadow.

I looked out the sea, and at all the people swimming with their Pokémon. It looked like fun, but I had something else in mind for myself. I pulled out my Super Rod this time, fishing right there on the crowded beach. It must have looked silly in retrospect, but I didn't mind. I was a Pokémon trainer after all, and this is what Pokémon trainers do. If only...Oh, a bite!

I pulled the rod with a little too much force than I needed, falling back as a small jellyfish Pokémon landed on the sand in front of me. Shadow put it to sleep and I threw one of my new Ultra Balls, and...success!

It can sometimes be found all dry and shriveled up on a beach. Toss it back into the sea to revive it.
          Jellie the Tentacool, Level 30
          -Wrap
          -Poison Sting
          -Water Gun
          -Constrict

Not ready or able to continue any further by sea, I altered course and headed north. It was then that I remembered what Fuchsia City was most known for: the Safari Zone! There were a number of Pokémon enclosures just behind the PokéMart I was at earlier. I decided that I would take a moment to check them out.

There were a number of extremely rare Pokémon there to see, including Lapras, a large sea-dwelling creature that was capable of ferrying people across the water. Next to it was a Kabuto exhibit, apparently showcasing the long-extinct Kabuto which had recently been brought back to live thanks to modern bio-technology. There was also a Chansey, which I had only ever seen at the PokéCentre assisting the staff there. They lived in the wild as well however, though they were extremely rare, which is likely how their name came to be.

I looked at a few more exhibits, before encountering an old man outside the Kangaskhan enclosure. He looked right at me, and shouted something incomprehensible at me. What is he going on about? I thought as he continued to stand there looking at me, apparently waiting for me to give a response.

"Umm...No?" I finally said, thinking it was a good enough a reply.

He uttered a few more garbled words before going on his way. I let out a huge sigh of relief as I continued on my way.

I soon reached the gates of the Safari Zone, a gigantic Pokémon preserve filled with Pokémon that were unobtainable anywhere else in Kanto! And what's more, they currently had a promotion where not only could you catch any Pokémon that you encountered in the park, but if you went far enough into the preserve, there was a secret house wherein the first person to reach it would receive a "fabulous prize."

You don't have to ask me that twice, I thought as I walked up to the front desk. "Excuse me," I said as I got one of the park employee's attention. "Please take my money!"

He did, and I took my first steps into the park. This is it, I thought, obviously a little excited. I have one, and only one shot at catching a rare new Pokémon for my team. I mustn't blow it.

I stood there for a moment, admiring my surroundings. The park was even bigger than I had imagined! I could see a herd of Rhyhorn grazing in one area, a family of Nidoran and Nidorina in another, and even what I swore was a Scyther sunbathing in the distance. Any of these Pokémon could be the one, I thought, as I made my way into the long grass, awaiting one of the most exciting encounters of my journey thus far.

Though the Pokémon I ultimately came across was not as impressed,

"Tauros!"

It was a Tauros! He stood there and growled, not too happy that I had interrupted his grazing. I could feel myself begin to sweat as I anticipated the worst. I was not allowed to bring my partner Pokémon with me, so I was facing the Tauros all by myself. I was beginning to wonder just how many people have been killed by wild Pokémon on the preserve before I realized I still had one tool at my disposal.

The Tauros growled even louder now as he saw the Safari Ball appear from within my bag. He lowered his head and began to charge...at me! I threw the ball just seconds before what likely would have been my death, as the Tauros disappeared in a flash of light.

The ball rolled once. It rolled twice. It...broke! Tauros reappeared and ran off into the sunset.

I collapsed onto the ground, both from the shock of my near death experience, and from the disappointment of losing my one chance of getting a Pokémon in the Safari Zone. This world is way too intense, I thought as I got up and ran to the nearest safe house.

Once inside, I quickly closed the door behind me and let out a sigh of relief. At last, I was safe. No more surprise encounters with-.

Suddenly I was blinded by a series of flashing lights. What was happening? Had a wild Pokémon gotten inside the safe house?! I didn't know if I could handle another-.

"Congratulations, you are the first person to have reached the secret house!" I could hear a man saying. "You are our grand prize winner!"

"Eh...Ehhhh?"

I could hardly believe that I had won, especially given the fact that I had forgotten all about it during my run in with the Tauros. "What do I win?" I asked, curious. Perhaps it would be something to reassure me, or at least take my mind away from, my abysmal failure from earlier.

I looked to the man, who was holding the t-shirt that was apparently my prize. It was bright red, with the words "I survived the Safari Zone" written on it. And in addition to the words there was the image of a Pokémon's head. And that Pokémon was...Tauros! =O

At first I was frightened, and then angry, but eventually I just couldn't help but laugh.

"Hahahahahaha!" I went on, leaving the safari staff standing there with bewildered expressions. "Thank you," I said, taking the t-shirt. "Thank you so much. Hahahahaha!"

A few moments later I was back in Fuchsia City, not knowing how to feel about my most recent adventure but now more determined than ever to carry on.

Chapter 21 Round-up

Money: 127,586
          Time: 24:46
          Living: 24

Badge Case

Items

Poké Ball x 2
          Great Ball x 16
          Ultra Ball x 20
          Super Potion x 1
          Full Restore x 2
          Hyper Potion x 2
          Max Potion x 3
          Max Revive x 1
          Ether x 2
          Max Ether x 2
          Elixir x 2
          PP Up x 2
          X Special x 1
          X Accuracy x 1
          Moon Stone x 3
          Escape Rope x 3
          Rare Candy x 3

Team

-Poison Sting
          -Body Slam
          -Scratch
          -Double Kick

-Leech Life
          -Supersonic
          -Bite
          -Confuse Ray

-Sing
          -Pound
          -Doubleslap
          -Defense Curl

-Teleport
          -Confusion
          -Disable
          -Psybeam

-Peck
          -Growl
          -Fury Attack
          -Drill Peck

-Lick
          -Confuse Ray
          -Night Shade
          -Hypnosis

Other Pokémon

Spoiler:

Boxed

Spoiler:

-Tackle
          -Tail Whip
          -Quick Attack
          -Hyper Fang

-Sleep Powder
          -Confusion
          -Poisonpowder
          -Stun Spore

-Tackle
          -Tail Whip
          -Quick Attack
          -Hyper Fang

-Tackle
          -Poisonpowder
          -Supersonic
          -Confusion

-Gust
          -Sand Attack
          -Quick Attack
          -Whirlwind

-Leer
          -Tackle
          -Bite
          -Dragon Rage

-Gust
          -Sand Attack
          -Quick Attack
          -Whirlwind

-Scratch
          -Growl
          -Dig
          -Sand Attack

-Tackle
          -Scratch
          -Double Kick
          -Poison Sting

-Tackle
          -Scratch
          -Double Kick
          -Poison Sting

-Leech Life
          -Supersonic
          -Bite
          -Confuse Ray

-Splash

-Bubble
          -Smokescreen
          -Leer
          -Water Gun

-Poisonpowder
          -Sleep Powder
          -Stun Spore
          -Acid

-Gust
          -Sand Attack
          -Quick Attack
          -Whirlwind

-Poisonpowder
          -Sleep Powder
          -Stun Spore
          -Acid

-Bubble

-Wrap
          -Poison Sting
          -Water Gun
          -Constrict

Dead

Spoiler:

-Gust
          -Sand Attack
          -Quick Attack

-Peck
          -Growl
          -Leer
          -Fury Attack

-Peck
          -Growl
          -Leer

That's right, I blew it. No worries though, as I already have an excellent team of Pokémon by my side.

I did get two cool new Water-types though. I wasn't hoping either way for Poliwag or Goldeen, but I was however rooting for Staryu over Tentacool. Oh well! xD
          Old September 17th, 2017 (4:51 AM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Alakazam17 View Post
            I left out Pinsir, Scyther, Chansey, and the rest because I was actually hoping that I wouldn't encounter them due to their proneness to fleeing. And I'm considering the entirety of the Safari Zone as one area, so I only had one chance to catch one Pokémon. And well...you'll find out how that turned out in a moment. xD

And thank you for your post Living Arrow! I'm glad to hear that you like it, and I wish you the best in your upcoming journey.

Chapter 21 - Like a Red Rag

Upon passing through the gatehouse, I could see the welcoming board to Fuchsia City. "Behold, it's Passion Pink!" the sign read, I stood there confused, and for a moment I even thought that everything around me had pink highlights. It must be my imagination, I thought as I headed to the PokéCentre.

As per tradition, I both healed and switched up my Pokémon team at the PokéCentre and stocked up on balls at the PokéMart. However this time I passed over even the Great Balls, as I found they had Ultra Balls in stock. I took twenty.

I continued to explore the city until I came across a small pond. And by the pond their was a Fisherman.

"Hello there miss," he said upon noticing me. "Do you like to-."

"Yes, I love to fish," I said before he could finish. I had had this conversation twice already, and it was getting rather old.

However what wasn't Old was the rod. Nor was it Super. It was the in-between rod, the "Good" Rod.

They seriously need to come up with better names for these things, I thought as I accepted the rod and thanked the man. I then cast a line right then and looking, anxious to see what kind of new Pokémon I would be encountering. I waited, and waited, and...Oh! It's a bite!

Just as I expected, it was neither another Magikarp nor an already strong Pokémon like Posiedon. Instead, it was a Poliwag! It tried blowing some Bubbles at Shadow, but they barely did a thing. I threw a Poké Ball and...it was caught!

The direction of the spiral on the belly differs by area. It is more adept at swimming than walking.
            -Bubble

I explored the city a little more, soon arriving at the beach on Route 19. There were a pair of male Swimmers there who challenged me to battles, and I obliged, taking out all of their Pokémon with Stooges and Shadow.

I looked out the sea, and at all the people swimming with their Pokémon. It looked like fun, but I had something else in mind for myself. I pulled out my Super Rod this time, fishing right there on the crowded beach. It must have looked silly in retrospect, but I didn't mind. I was a Pokémon trainer after all, and this is what Pokémon trainers do. If only...Oh, a bite!

I pulled the rod with a little too much force than I needed, falling back as a small jellyfish Pokémon landed on the sand in front of me. Shadow put it to sleep and I threw one of my new Ultra Balls, and...success!

It can sometimes be found all dry and shriveled up on a beach. Toss it back into the sea to revive it.
            -Wrap
            -Poison Sting
            -Water Gun
            -Constrict

Not ready or able to continue any further by sea, I altered course and headed north. It was then that I remembered what Fuchsia City was most known for: the Safari Zone! There were a number of Pokémon enclosures just behind the PokéMart I was at earlier. I decided that I would take a moment to check them out.

There were a number of extremely rare Pokémon there to see, including Lapras, a large sea-dwelling creature that was capable of ferrying people across the water. Next to it was a Kabuto exhibit, apparently showcasing the long-extinct Kabuto which had recently been brought back to live thanks to modern bio-technology. There was also a Chansey, which I had only ever seen at the PokéCentre assisting the staff there. They lived in the wild as well however, though they were extremely rare, which is likely how their name came to be.

I looked at a few more exhibits, before encountering an old man outside the Kangaskhan enclosure. He looked right at me, and shouted something incomprehensible at me. What is he going on about? I thought as he continued to stand there looking at me, apparently waiting for me to give a response.

"Umm...No?" I finally said, thinking it was a good enough a reply.

He uttered a few more garbled words before going on his way. I let out a huge sigh of relief as I continued on my way.

I soon reached the gates of the Safari Zone, a gigantic Pokémon preserve filled with Pokémon that were unobtainable anywhere else in Kanto! And what's more, they currently had a promotion where not only could you catch any Pokémon that you encountered in the park, but if you went far enough into the preserve, there was a secret house wherein the first person to reach it would receive a "fabulous prize."

You don't have to ask me that twice, I thought as I walked up to the front desk. "Excuse me," I said as I got one of the park employee's attention. "Please take my money!"

He did, and I took my first steps into the park. This is it, I thought, obviously a little excited. I have one, and only one shot at catching a rare new Pokémon for my team. I mustn't blow it.

I stood there for a moment, admiring my surroundings. The park was even bigger than I had imagined! I could see a herd of Rhyhorn grazing in one area, a family of Nidoran and Nidorina in another, and even what I swore was a Scyther sunbathing in the distance. Any of these Pokémon could be the one, I thought, as I made my way into the long grass, awaiting one of the most exciting encounters of my journey thus far.

Though the Pokémon I ultimately came across was not as impressed,

"Tauros!"

It was a Tauros! He stood there and growled, not too happy that I had interrupted his grazing. I could feel myself begin to sweat as I anticipated the worst. I was not allowed to bring my partner Pokémon with me, so I was facing the Tauros all by myself. I was beginning to wonder just how many people have been killed by wild Pokémon on the preserve before I realized I still had one tool at my disposal.

The Tauros growled even louder now as he saw the Safari Ball appear from within my bag. He lowered his head and began to charge...at me! I threw the ball just seconds before what likely would have been my death, as the Tauros disappeared in a flash of light.

The ball rolled once. It rolled twice. It...broke! Tauros reappeared and ran off into the sunset.

I collapsed onto the ground, both from the shock of my near death experience, and from the disappointment of losing my one chance of getting a Pokémon in the Safari Zone. This world is way too intense, I thought as I got up and ran to the nearest safe house.

Once inside, I quickly closed the door behind me and let out a sigh of relief. At last, I was safe. No more surprise encounters with-.

Suddenly I was blinded by a series of flashing lights. What was happening? Had a wild Pokémon gotten inside the safe house?! I didn't know if I could handle another-.

"Congratulations, you are the first person to have reached the secret house!" I could hear a man saying. "You are our grand prize winner!"

"Eh...Ehhhh?"

I could hardly believe that I had won, especially given the fact that I had forgotten all about it during my run in with the Tauros. "What do I win?" I asked, curious. Perhaps it would be something to reassure me, or at least take my mind away from, my abysmal failure from earlier.

I looked to the man, who was holding the t-shirt that was apparently my prize. It was bright red, with the words "I survived the Safari Zone" written on it. And in addition to the words there was the image of a Pokémon's head. And that Pokémon was...Tauros! =O

At first I was frightened, and then angry, but eventually I just couldn't help but laugh.

"Hahahahahaha!" I went on, leaving the safari staff standing there with bewildered expressions. "Thank you," I said, taking the t-shirt. "Thank you so much. Hahahahaha!"

A few moments later I was back in Fuchsia City, not knowing how to feel about my most recent adventure but now more determined than ever to carry on.

Chapter 21 Round-up

Money: 127,586
            Time: 24:46
            Living: 24

Badge Case

Items

Poké Ball x 2
            Great Ball x 16
            Ultra Ball x 20
            Super Potion x 1
            Full Restore x 2
            Hyper Potion x 2
            Max Potion x 3
            Max Revive x 1
            Ether x 2
            Max Ether x 2
            Elixir x 2
            PP Up x 2
            X Special x 1
            X Accuracy x 1
            Moon Stone x 3
            Escape Rope x 3
            Rare Candy x 3

Team

-Poison Sting
            -Body Slam
            -Scratch
            -Double Kick

-Leech Life
            -Supersonic
            -Bite
            -Confuse Ray

-Sing
            -Pound
            -Doubleslap
            -Defense Curl

-Teleport
            -Confusion
            -Disable
            -Psybeam

-Peck
            -Growl
            -Fury Attack
            -Drill Peck

-Lick
            -Confuse Ray
            -Night Shade
            -Hypnosis

Other Pokémon

Spoiler:

Boxed

Spoiler:

-Tackle
            -Tail Whip
            -Quick Attack
            -Hyper Fang

-Sleep Powder
            -Confusion
            -Poisonpowder
            -Stun Spore

-Tackle
            -Tail Whip
            -Quick Attack
            -Hyper Fang

-Tackle
            -Poisonpowder
            -Supersonic
            -Confusion

-Gust
            -Sand Attack
            -Quick Attack
            -Whirlwind

-Leer
            -Tackle
            -Bite
            -Dragon Rage

-Gust
            -Sand Attack
            -Quick Attack
            -Whirlwind

-Scratch
            -Growl
            -Dig
            -Sand Attack

-Tackle
            -Scratch
            -Double Kick
            -Poison Sting

-Tackle
            -Scratch
            -Double Kick
            -Poison Sting

-Leech Life
            -Supersonic
            -Bite
            -Confuse Ray

-Splash

-Bubble
            -Smokescreen
            -Leer
            -Water Gun

-Poisonpowder
            -Sleep Powder
            -Stun Spore
            -Acid

-Gust
            -Sand Attack
            -Quick Attack
            -Whirlwind

-Poisonpowder
            -Sleep Powder
            -Stun Spore
            -Acid

-Bubble

-Wrap
            -Poison Sting
            -Water Gun
            -Constrict

Dead

Spoiler:

-Gust
            -Sand Attack
            -Quick Attack

-Peck
            -Growl
            -Leer
            -Fury Attack

-Peck
            -Growl
            -Leer

That's right, I blew it. No worries though, as I already have an excellent team of Pokémon by my side.

I did get two cool new Water-types though. I wasn't hoping either way for Poliwag or Goldeen, but I was however rooting for Staryu over Tentacool. Oh well! xD
            If you fish at Seafoam Island(inside mind you) or at Cinnabar Island, you ought to snag a Staryu(because I know you love its Psychic Evolved form). Not a bad run but I'm sure you grabbed the Gold Teeth while in Safari Zone for Strength(you'll need it to advance). Question is, who get's Strength and more importantly Surf? Also, isn't ground and fishing encounters separate or you count them as one whole thing Anyways, keep it up but your grinding session is about to begin... good luck lol.
            Old September 17th, 2017 (6:17 PM). Edited September 18th, 2017 by Alakazam17.
            Hei minun ystäväni!
            • Crystal Tier

Yes, I've picked up both the Surf and Strength HM's, just without mentioning them in the story. I'll probably have to catch HM slaves for them though, as none of my dead Pokémon can use them.

As for fishing and grass spots, yes, they both count as being part of the same area. Thus in every route I have choice of one or the other, not both. It already happened on Route 12 actually, where I bypassed the patch of grass in favour of using the Super Rod. I ended up with a Seadra in that case, though I doubt I'll always be as lucky. xD

Chapter 22 - Pop Goes the Pokémon

There was only one thing left to do in Fuchsia City, and that was to challenge the Pokémon Gym. However I did not feel like my partners and I were quite ready for that, especially considering recent events at the Safari Zone.

I decided to head west to do some training on Route 18, part of the alternate path that I could have taken from Celadon City. I immediately encountered a trio of Bird Catchers, two of which Puffy got some much needed experience against. However the third had a Dodrio, the first I had seen apart from my own Stooges, and this one was considerably stronger. In fact, he nearly knocked out half my team! Luckily he did not however, and Damon was able to finish him off once and for all.

After a quick visit to the PokéCentre and back, I continued down the route. Like Route 19, there was access to the sea, and like Route 19, I decided to try my luck with the Super Rod.

And I caught a Tentacool...just like Route 19.

Stingy the Tentacool, Level 15
            -Acid
            -Supersonic
            -Wrap

To continue further north onto Route 17 a bicycle was required, which thankfully was not a problem as I had picked one up back in Cerulean City. But...where was it now? I thought as I traveled back to that day in my mind.

Oh right! I realized. It's in my bag! I didn't know how, but I had managed to stuff a regular sized bicycle in my bag, which apparently used the same technology as Diglett's Dig. I tried not to think about it much as I pulled the vehicle out.

It was in the same condition as when I had first got it, and it looked brand new as I had hardly used it. The basket in front looked a little empty though...

That can be solved easily, I thought as I took one of my poké balls in hand. "Puffy, time for some more training!"

The little Jigglypuff appeared in the basket, a giant smile growing on her face as she made herself comfortable. It was a perfect fit! And not only spatially, but visually too, as Puffy matched the pink colour of the bike almost perfectly. =3

I then got on the bike and began the strenuous climb up the trail. I definitely should have taken this path the other way around, I thought a few minutes into it. I don't know if the road was getting steeper or I was just getting more tired, but with every peddle it felt like I was using up more effort than I had on the one before.

I found a spot on the corner of some long grass in order to rest, and that is exactly what I did. I left the bike near a park bench and just laid there looking up at the clouds.

"Jigglypuff," Puffy remarked, coming over to Rest beside me. I couldn't help but notice how much stronger the little pink balloon had become. Soon she would be able to tackle trainer battles all by herself, and perhaps even gym battles!

But it was wild Pokémon battles that were her specialty at the moment, as we soon got our rest interrupted by a temperamental Doduo.

"Doduo!" they shouted as they began charging toward us. They likely would have hit too if not for Puffy, who jumped between them and me and began to sing her beautiful song. The Doduo immediately stopped charging and fell to the ground, whereas I managed to throw a Great Ball before succumbing to the melody myself.

Its short wings make flying difficult. Instead, this Pokémon runs at high speed on developed legs.
            Twin Pecks the Doduo, Level 26
            -Peck
            -Growl
            -Fury Attack

My eyes opened a few minutes later, when I realized that I had fallen victim to Puffy's song as well. I could see her standing over me with a mischievous look on her face, though I could tell she was happy so I didn't think much of it as I got up to continue on our way.

We had just about crossed back onto Route 16 when we encountered them: a group a Bikers and Cue Balls blocking our way.

"Hey you!" one of the Cue Balls shouted, looking in my direction.

"This is our turf!" he said. "Get outta here or else?"

"Or what?" I responded, obviously not amused.

"Or else we'll pummel you and your Pokémon!" one of the Bikers answered me. "So you'd better turn around and run away, little girl!"

"As if," I replied, perhaps with a little more overconfidence than I should have had. "If you want a Pokémon battle, just ask. Puffy, I choose you!"

I didn't think Puffy was yet strong enough to take on an entire trainer battle, but she could at least start of off. The Biker chose a Voltorb, which Puffy quickly put to sleep. And after a few well-aimed Doubleslaps, Voltorb was down.

"Good work, Puffy!" I cheered as I hugged the Jigglypuff. "One more to go."

The Biker's second Pokémon was also a Voltorb, which Puffy also attempted to put to sleep. However, this time the move missed.

"No worries Puffy," I said. "Just try it agai-."

"Voltorb, use Seldestruct!"

"No..." I said, initially shocked in place as my memory drifted back to my first experience with that move back in Rock Tunnel. Ivanna had been almost completely annihilated by it, and she was one of my most defensive,,,

Oh no! Puffy!

"Puffy, retu-" I began. But it was already too late.

The Voltorb was glowing, moreso than even one would expect from evolution, as it began to crack apart. Small pieces of metal flew out in every direction, knocking over a number of bikers and their rides. I was thankfully outside of the blast radius, but as for Puffy....

She turned to me one last time, still with that giant smile on her face that she was becoming known for. She was trying to say something to me.

"Jiggly-"

POP!

And she was gone.

From such humble beginnings, Puffy had the most explosive end imaginable.
            Puffy the Jigglypuff, Level 29
            Chapter 10 - Chapter 22
            Time to Draw on Angel Faces

"PUFFY!!!" I screamed out as I ran to the spot where she once was. But it was no use. After such an attack happening at such close range, there was no trace of her remaining. She was just...gone.

And then...I could hear laughter.

"Hahahahaha!" the Cue Ball who had originally confronted me was now laughing at my misery. Soon everyone else had joined in.

"Serves you right for challenging us," the Voltorb trainer said. "Now you'll think twice before-."

"WHAT ARE YOU LAUGHING AT?!?!?!" I shout, my sadness now turning to anger. "YOU JUST KILLED MY JIGGLYPUFF!"

The laughing continued as they ignored me. It was then that my rage got the better of me and I remembered how I had dealt with those imbeciles back in Vermilion Gym. I then knew what I had to do.

I reached into my bag and launched my poké balls into the air. "Ivanna! Damon! Gwen! Stooges! Shadow! I choose all of you!"

And that is when the laughing stopped. Ivanna and Stooges stood on either side of me, roaring some of the loudest battle cries that I had even heard. Meanwhile Shadow and Damon were above the crowd of Bikers and Cue Balls, sending chills down their spines before even making a move, And of course there was also Gwen who had Teleported behind the group, a little overconfident but rightly so thanks to Psybeam.

"These men killed Puffy," I said I said through gritted teeth as the shock waves traveled through the rest of my team. "And now they're laughing about it. I don't think it's funny, do you?"

"Now wait, let's be rational here," the Cue Ball said, no longer treating me like a child finally. "We-."

"Ivanna, Body Slam!" I shouted, ignoring him as he had ignored me earlier. "Damon, Bite! Gwen, Psybeam! Stooges, Drill Peck! Shadow, Night Shade!"

The next few moments weren't my greatest, but they were definitely effective. Aside from Voltorb, they only had Fighting- and Poison-types, who Gwen was more than capable of dealing with on her own. However she was not on her own, and as a result the slaughter was threefold.

When it was over I continued on to Celadon City. The Snorlax that had been blocking my path earlier had vanished, probably from the commotion I had just caused in its backyard, allowing for easy access to the city.

I went to the department store to pick up a Leaf Stone for Leif, who I had recently received from the PC. I then reached into my bag and pulled out the three Rare Candies I was saving for Puffy. The intention was to make her as strong as she possibly could before offering her one of my Moon Stones. However that was no longer happening so I decided not to put the candy to waste. Thus I handed them to my recently captured Bellsprout and watched as he changed form.

When hungry, it swallows anything that moves. Its hapless prey is melted inside by strong acids.
            Leif the Weepinbell, Level 33
            -Poisonpowder
            -Sleep Powder
            -Razor Leaf
            -Acid

Though he did not stay in that form for long, as I then offered him a Leaf Stone, in much of same fashion as I had imagined doing so with the Moon Stone.

Lures prey with the sweet aroma of honey. Swallowed whole, the prey is melted in a day, bones and all.
            Leif the Victreebel, Level 33
            -Poisonpowder
            -Sleep Powder
            -Razor Leaf
            -Acid

I then took my Pokémon to the PokéCentre for some long overdue healing. Unfortunately I could not be healed so easily.

Quite the opposite really.

"I love your makeup," Nurse Joy said to me as she handed back my Pokémon. "Did you do that yourself?"

What? I thought. I wasn't wearing any makeup! Unless....

I rushed to the closest mirror I could find. When I finally did all of the past day's events began flooding back into my mind.

It must have been when I had fallen asleep due to her Sing attack. That look on her face when I awoke made complete sense now, and I wish I had had the sense to realize at the time. But it wasn't too late, as I could see it now.

I could see the pink and blue eye shadow which gave off the eerie impression of a Jigglypuff in human form. And under one of the eyes there were a series of squiggly lines that I could tell were intended to form a small heart. In fact they probably had, and it was likely what prompted Joy to comment on earlier.

But by then it was almost completely washed away by tears.

Chapter 22 Round-up

Money: 138,251
            Time: 26:13
            Living: 25
            Dead: 4

Badge Case

Items

Great Ball x 16
            Ultra Ball x 20
            Super Potion x 1
            Full Restore x 2
            Hyper Potion x 2
            Max Potion x 3
            Max Revive x 1
            Ether x 2
            Max Ether x 2
            Elixir x 2
            PP Up x 2
            X Special x 1
            X Accuracy x 1
            Moon Stone x 3
            Escape Rope x 3

Team

Ivanna the Nidoqueen, Level 32
            -Poison Sting
            -Body Slam
            -Scratch
            -Double Kick

Damon the Golbat, Level 33
            -Leech Life
            -Wing Attack
            -Bite
            -Confuse Ray

Gwen the Kadabra, Level 34
            -Teleport
            -Confusion
            -Disable
            -Psybeam

Stooges the Dodrio, Level 32
            -Peck
            -Growl
            -Fury Attack
            -Drill Peck

Shadow the Haunter, Level 33
            -Lick
            -Confuse Ray
            -Night Shade
            -Hypnosis

Leif the Victreebel, Level 33
            -Poisonpowder
            -Sleep Powder
            -Razor Leaf
            -Acid

Other Pokémon

Spoiler:

Boxed

Spoiler:

-Tackle
            -Tail Whip
            -Quick Attack
            -Hyper Fang

-Sleep Powder
            -Confusion
            -Poisonpowder
            -Stun Spore

-Tackle
            -Tail Whip
            -Quick Attack
            -Hyper Fang

-Tackle
            -Poisonpowder
            -Supersonic
            -Confusion

-Gust
            -Sand Attack
            -Quick Attack
            -Whirlwind

-Leer
            -Tackle
            -Bite
            -Dragon Rage

-Gust
            -Sand Attack
            -Quick Attack
            -Whirlwind

-Scratch
            -Growl
            -Dig
            -Sand Attack

-Tackle
            -Scratch
            -Double Kick
            -Poison Sting

-Tackle
            -Scratch
            -Double Kick
            -Poison Sting

-Leech Life
            -Supersonic
            -Bite
            -Confuse Ray

-Splash

-Bubble
            -Smokescreen
            -Leer
            -Water Gun

-Gust
            -Sand Attack
            -Quick Attack
            -Whirlwind

-Poisonpowder
            -Sleep Powder
            -Stun Spore
            -Acid

-Bubble

-Wrap
            -Poison Sting
            -Water Gun
            -Constrict

Stingy the Tentacool, Level 15
            -Acid
            -Supersonic
            -Wrap

Twin Pecks the Doduo, Level 26
            -Peck
            -Growl
            -Fury Attack

Dead

Spoiler:

-Gust
            -Sand Attack
            -Quick Attack

-Peck
            -Growl
            -Leer
            -Fury Attack

-Peck
            -Growl
            -Leer

Puffy the Jigglypuff, Level 29
            -Sing
            -Pound
            -Doubleslap
            -Rest

I had been training Puffy with the intention of using her versus Sabrina. >< Now I need another strategy, especially with my main Pokémon mostly being of the Poison-type. I suppose speed is now the preferred strategy, so expect more of Claws and Stooges in the chapters ahead.
            Old September 18th, 2017 (1:22 AM).

Nature: Modest
              You treat each death with a wonderful serious tone and a sadness in your writing that is really impressive, especially as it contrasts so much against the light, jovial tone of your adventure. Double thumbs up!!

ONGOING CHALLENGES
              DATE OF BIRTH CHALLENGE-POKEMON OMEGA RUBY-5/8
              LUCKLOCKE CHALLENGE- POKEMON MOON- 4/11
              RANDOM POKEMON CHALLENGE- POKEMON SILVER- 5/16
              POKEMON MONOSIZE CHALLENGE- XL- POKEMON X-2/8
              THE 802 Challenge- Pokemon Leafgreen-4/8
              POKEMON DARWIN CHALLENGE-Plants & Fungi- Platinum-1/8
              Old September 18th, 2017 (2:25 AM). Edited September 18th, 2017 by Knost.

Nature: Adamant
                This was my favorite chapter yet. Absolutely brilliant!

The stacking emotion of death is a difficult one to deal with as you continue your journey, but I have no doubt you'll handle it with anything but genius. :)

Good luck as you continue and thank you for motivating me to keep my own journey going with your storytelling :)

Quick Reply