• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Froakie is cute tho! It sounds like its croaking kinda so it's okay as a name imo given it relates to the mon.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
On that note though, I do somewhat wonder how believable the evolutions will be, and how we'll get told them. Will we get fan outrage and leaked at the last minute again??

No matter what, as Derk said, people will outrage about the evolutions of the starters. It doesn't matter how believable some people find them (or even if they were believable from an objective standpoint as well), it is just going to happen. It's pretty much impossible to please everyone.

Years
I have a feeling that Fennekin will be a Fire/Psychic type when it will be fully evolved. I dont think it will be Fire/Fighting. I think Froakie will be Water/Fighting.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
As it stands right now, based on nothing but looking at them in their unevolved forms, I guess Chespin

But my decision is extremely subject to change, depending on what they look like evolved, how their stats are like, what their multi-typing is like if they have multi-types at all, their abilities, etc, etc, etc

CrossZero

Master Bonder
Years
Fennekin!!! It's just beautyfull! and also is fire type, i wonder in what it'll evolve.

I dont know whats the problem with some pokémon fanboys that says that the 5th and 6th gens are bad generations, i think they're awesome​

tealwing

Genie
Years
I picked Froakie because I always use the Water type starter for my first playthrough. Honestly speaking, I'm rather disappointed by its appearance and now I'm crossing my fingers and hoping it'll look better when it evolves.

Chespin and Fennekin looks good to me, though. Seems like the majority of users will go with the fire fox this time round.

Years
  • Seen Nov 29, 2018
I really hope that Fennekin's evo-line maintains the graceful looks. I know it has been discussed whether or not it ends up on all fours or on its rear legs in its final stage, but the latter option would be a big disappointment, to me at least. I am crossing my fingers for a Ninetales look as opposed to completely changing its appearance for something more obviously fearsome.

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
Torrent, Overgrow, and Blaze. We know that much at least.

Not necessarily

I mean, what about Speed Boost Blazikens or Chlorophyll Venusaurs?

Those weren't at 1st in their own generations but maybe they'll give us alternate better abilities off the bat this time?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Not necessarily

I mean, what about Speed Boost Blazikens or Chlorophyll Venusaurs?

Those weren't at 1st in their own generations but maybe they'll give us alternate better abilities off the bat this time?

The starters' abilities have always been Torrent, Overgrow, and Blaze. That won't change unless they change the beginning type.

Speed Boost and Chlorophyll are Dream world exclusive (hidden) No Starter at the start of the game can have them.

We know their abilities already.

We also don't know if hidden abilities will transfer into the new games. We don't know if anything to hand them out or a new dream world/dream world alternative will be made for X and Y so assume there are no hidden abilities in X and Y. You're left with the basic abilities which have always been exclusively Overgrow for Grass, Blaze for Fire, and Torrent for Water.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Seconding the abilities being stuck as Blaze, Overgrow, and Torrent. It wouldn't make sense to NOT have them honestly.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I don't want those abilities in particular, I'd rather if they got creative with these starters since those abilities are sooo overused :(

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Froakie seems fine to me. I have a feeling that I may end up picking him and having my favorite chespin as a second. Fenniken is to picked right now making it less appetizing. Its not bad but thousand will be choosing it. But as of right now Chespin Baby. I have a feel that this one will feel like Maganium. Tanky and Strong.

Guy

just a guy
Years
Froakie seems fine to me. I have a feeling that I may end up picking him and having my favorite chespin as a second. Fenniken is to picked right now making it less appetizing. Its not bad but thousand will be choosing it. But as of right now Chespin Baby. I have a feel that this one will feel like Maganium. Tanky and Strong.
I actually picture Chespin to evolve into a fast physical hitter, but I can see it going down the more sturdy road and being used as more of a wall instead of a fast hitter. Although, I'm hoping for more of the former.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back