• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
I think the Region map and name come hand in hand and due to the fact that we haven't really seen many areas I think it will be a short while before we see it in full.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I think the Region map and name come hand in hand and due to the fact that we haven't really seen many areas I think it will be a short while before we see it in full.
I would say that a minimum of three Routes are confirmed.

Not like that's really Earth-shattering...

Cyclone

Troy

Mugen Region Champion
Years
I hear that there will be TWO NEW types. Its like a 50-50 chance. The new types will supposedly be Light(Knew that was coming:)) and Sound(Thats a surprise:0). Proof of Light: well, just look at Sylveon and Xerneas. They Represent Light. Proof for Sound: ReTyping pokemon like AUDINO and then Yveltal kind of looks like a tuning fork when he raises his wings above his head. (Got these examples from dookieshed on Youtube.)

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
One person's theories don't really make it any sort of proof. It's just merely speculation. Plus I severely doubt we're going to have either new types, especially Sound.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I hear that there will be TWO NEW types. Its like a 50-50 chance. The new types will supposedly be Light(Knew that was coming:)) and Sound(Thats a surprise:0). Proof of Light: well, just look at Sylveon and Xerneas. They Represent Light. Proof for Sound: ReTyping pokemon like AUDINO and then Yveltal kind of looks like a tuning fork when he raises his wings above his head. (Got these examples from dookieshed on Youtube.)
I wouldn't put much hope into those rumors. As it stands, they're just rumors and speculation. The topic of the Light type has dated back ever since GameFreak introduced Dark-types in Gen II and the sound type, to me, recently came about during early speculation of X and Y. I highly doubt either of the two will actually happen.

Also, the Sound-type just sounds too much of a flimsy (can't think of a better word right now) idea to me. Like really? I just don't see it happening.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I speculated on sound back in the BW speculation days, and I beleive it may even have existed in gen 4 speculation but I'm not so sure as I didn't start following speculation until HgSs. Either way it's older than you think. Personally I've wanted sound after Whismer and evolutions back in RSE, and even more so after Chatot in DPP.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I wouldn't put much hope into those rumors. As it stands, they're just rumors and speculation. The topic of the Light type has dated back ever since GameFreak introduced Dark-types in Gen II and the sound type, to me, recently came about during early speculation of X and Y. I highly doubt either of the two will actually happen.

Also, the Sound-type just sounds too much of a flimsy (can't think of a better word right now) idea to me. Like really? I just don't see it happening.

Sound is recognized in the games as a pseudo type though. Its definitely an "attack type" similar to barriers and punching in Gen 5. Its also the longest existing "attack type" seeing as it and an ability that makes Pokemon immune to it have existed for 3 generations almost 4.

Making it an official type wouldn't be that far-fetched seeing as it has existed for so long and the punching/barrier attacks are classifications as well. I don't see the latter as they are a bit different seeing as there are many moves and abilities that allow barriers to be bypassed and the punching attacks are circumstantial to relationship of physical ability and the Pokemon.

Iron Fist is on Pokemon who are adept at punching like Hitmonchan. Barrier abilities (which are recognized as Reflect, Lightscreen, Safeguard, and Mist) are bypassed by the holder. The Barriers are still up but the users can slip past them to inflict full damage or status effects/change stats. Two of them can be broken by an attack. Then you have the true barriers like Protect/Detect which completely nullify damage. These have a larger list of moves that can just pass through them.

Sound is so broad its almost on a different level. It only has an ability that defends against them. Nothing as far as I remember can strengthen it. A lot of attacks were given the secondary sound typing just for the ability to block it.

Even ways described differ by a few levels. Soundproof blocks all sound based. Iron Fist increases punching attacks. All of them listed for it say its an act of punching (in some way...hammer arm is a hammer swing which is bringing your fist over the opponent and down hard and uppercut is opposite.) Sound based attacks exist of a different plain from punching styled attacks.

Sound is about as outwardly plausible as Fairy. Doesn't mean it'll come out in Gen 6, its just sound has a lot of support in the games themselves to exist as its own independent type.

Years
i play black 2 and got to nuvema town. In nuvema town when you enter the main character of the black/white game house the mom talk about him. i really hope that in x and y we will see what happaned to him. his mom say that he looking for N but i think he stop looking for him.

anyway i would like to see what happaned to him

Years
Well...you've brought up a valid point, but at the same time..where's the competitive use of sound? Where does it fit in the typing chat? Where does sound fit as far as dealing damage to types like Fighting, Ghost and the likes? I honestly imagine it to be like a psuedo-Normal type, hitting everything neutral except for about one or two types, but even then, I just find it...kind of hard to grasp existing.
I can see it being super effective against water Pokémon. The rest though may be neutral...

Guy

just a guy
Years
Sound is recognized in the games as a pseudo type though. Its definitely an "attack type" similar to barriers and punching in Gen 5. Its also the longest existing "attack type" seeing as it and an ability that makes Pokemon immune to it have existed for 3 generations almost 4.

Making it an official type wouldn't be that far-fetched seeing as it has existed for so long and the punching/barrier attacks are classifications as well. I don't see the latter as they are a bit different seeing as there are many moves and abilities that allow barriers to be bypassed and the punching attacks are circumstantial to relationship of physical ability and the Pokemon.

Sound is about as outwardly plausible as Fairy. Doesn't mean it'll come out in Gen 6, its just sound has a lot of support in the games themselves to exist as its own independent type.
Sound just isn't a strong enough element, in my opinion, to where it needs to be or should be classified as its own type. It works as a move and an ability, because it's a very universal element. Almost anything makes noise when put in motion. Which is why I understand it being categorized as a Normal-type move or ability a majority of the time, because it's a very mundane element. It doesn't need its own specific type. A good example to this would be wind-based moves and abilities. There are quite a number of them, however, they're usually placed under a different type rather than having its own.

I'm not saying it's impossible for there to be a Sound-type or that a Fairy type has more of a chance, but like Derk mentioned, it's a very neutral type. It would be hard to justify what would be strong or weak against it. Thus keeping all Sound-based Pokémon, moves, and abilities under the Normal-type category. Where as a Fairy type could be considered a much stronger element than Sound.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Well...you've brought up a valid point, but at the same time..where's the competitive use of sound? Where does it fit in the typing chat? Where does sound fit as far as dealing damage to types like Fighting, Ghost and the likes? I honestly imagine it to be like a psuedo-Normal type, hitting everything neutral except for about one or two types, but even then, I just find it...kind of hard to grasp existing.

You can't even think of competitive use at this point. We don't make the games so even if Gamefreak were to tell us they were adding a new type we would all pretty much be wrong no matter what we say its weaknesses and strengths are. You can't even look at competitive use until the games actually come out. Using Gen 5 as an example. Pokemon like Amoongus, Galvantula, Druddigon...When they were introduced there wasn't much being said for their competitive use. Audino was suspected to be a new Chansey and be pretty high up there in use, but it didn't while the other three I mentioned weren't viewed too heavily and are used fairly often. Actual competitive use comes after the games had come out and everyone had tested what the Pokemon could do.

I mean everyone expected Serperior to be the best starter and Emboar to be the worst. It turned out to be the opposite. Its way to early to even think of competitive uses for these since when they actually come out, based on what's happened before everything we say will be wrong because when we actually use them they won't be as good as we initially thought or better when we had low opinions of them.

Sound just isn't a strong enough element, in my opinion, to where it needs to be or should be classified as its own type. It works as a move and an ability, because it's a very universal element. Almost anything makes noise when put in motion. Which is why I understand it being categorized as a Normal-type move or ability a majority of the time, because it's a very mundane element. It doesn't need its own specific type. A good example to this would be wind-based moves and abilities. There are quite a number of them, however, they're usually placed under a different type rather than having its own.

I'm not saying it's impossible for there to be a Sound-type or that a Fairy type has more of a chance, but like Derk mentioned, it's a very neutral type. It would be hard to justify what would be strong or weak against it. Thus keeping all Sound-based Pokémon, moves, and abilities under the Normal-type category. Where as a Fairy type could be considered a much stronger element than Sound.

This is a purely situational argument though. What if Ice was never introduced in Gen 1. Water attacks could have been the ones that freeze and come Gen 6 we'd be saying the same thing about Ice type being a possible new type. The exact same argument can apply to Ice and Steel if they were the ones being speculated right this very moment since both are related to other elements.

You can also apply that to Flying. Even still today its main role is an add on type. Only 1 Pokemon exists with it as a main type. Every other Flying Pokemon fits into other categories for type match ups. Some non-flyings can levitate for the same immunity bonus with no weakness. Situational, Levitate renders Flying Type fairly useless since Flying is only strong against Grass, Bug, and Fighting. Flying type definitely fits the same role that Sound does as a partial type that probably doesn't need full type status.

Right off, sound would be strong against Rock, Steel and Ice very similar to fighting but wouldn't be able to damage Water. Solid objects made of Rock, Steel or Ice can't absorb a lot of vibrations and would start to fall apart. Water absorbs sound vibrations so water would be immune to it. The vibrations of sound could make it harder for more physical embodiment to hit it so Normal and Fighting would be resisted. I mean right here I have pretty much a minimum on what would be needed for it to be a functioning type only thing I miss is weakness.

All of this could be wrong too as Gamefreak are the ones to do this. They could make Sound SE against Fire and weak to Poison for all we know. Wouldn't make sense at all but even with today's type chart there are many fans who disagree with current type match ups. If some of these were introduced now instead of Gens 1 or 2 we'd be having the same discussion on those without knowing what their possible weakness and strengths would be.

Also apparently the next corocoro is supposed to have info on this new type. Someone said thatthis is info from the guy that leaked the fairy type so we'll see if true sometime in the next two weeks. Hopefully next week or so will give us a bunch of new stuff to talk about.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Monthly Reveals

I wanted to start this thread to see what people want to see during each month until the game is released. I thought it would be fun because that is what I am doing because I will be out of USA for a month and a half (June,July) for vacation so no internet. I feel like this thread is different enough to be made.

My Speculations

May: I expect a small detail of the game to be released. Not big enough to be like wow! Small enough to get our thoughts going. I also expect maybe a new Pokemon of some sort.

June: More new Pokemon revealed. Name of region. Maps and places. (Because New movie is in July)

July: This is where the big stuff will be revealed like Name of Region. More Maps. More Pokemon. More Game-play. More information on the game like battle styles and Professor and Rival and Town.

August: More Information. More Pokemon. Team ???

September: Settle Downs. Release Date!

October: Game release! Everyone Has fun! Exchange 3DS friend codes and Pokemon Friend Codes.

What are you thoughts on Monthly Reveals?

Years
True sound waves can cause steel to crack, thus why ground is proably strong against Steel as ground is assosiated with earthquakes which are a form of wave,( and sand which can ruin Steel. ) Now if Sound and Fairy come true I'm hoping for wind and light to come :3.

Guy

just a guy
Years
BluuArrowz, this is something we can discuss in the X/Y General Chat and Speculation thread. So I'm just going to go ahead and move this on over there as we draw closer to May's issue of CoroCoro in a matter of a week or so.

Hopefully next week or so will give us a bunch of new stuff to talk about.
Fingers crossed. I really am on board for getting a new type, Sound, Fairy or otherwise. I just think a Sound type is pretty mundane compared to what else they could introduce if there were to be a new type.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen May 3, 2013
BluuArrowz, this is something we can discuss in the X/Y General Chat and Speculation thread. So I'm just going to go ahead and move this on over there as we draw closer to May's issue of CoroCoro in a matter of a week or so.

Fingers crossed. I really am on board for getting a new type, Sound, Fairy or otherwise. I just think a Sound type is pretty mundane compared to what else they could introduce if there were to be a new type.
If they did Fairy type I would be so happy.

Grass/Fairy leprechaun
Fairy/Flying griffin
Fairy angel
Dark/Fairy Goblin
Fighting/Fairy Minotaur
Fire/Fairy Rapidash/split Ponyta evolution as a Pegasus (could also be Fairy/Flying)

If Fairy turns out to be real I will get a Sylveon and name it Sooki.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Right off, sound would be strong against Rock, Steel and Ice very similar to fighting but wouldn't be able to damage Water. Solid objects made of Rock, Steel or Ice can't absorb a lot of vibrations and would start to fall apart. Water absorbs sound vibrations so water would be immune to it. The vibrations of sound could make it harder for more physical embodiment to hit it so Normal and Fighting would be resisted. I mean right here I have pretty much a minimum on what would be needed for it to be a functioning type only thing I miss is weakness.

Seems like a Sound type would be an outclassed version of Fighting type, due to being immune to Water, a very common type in the metagame, and the lack of another type advantage to replace Dark, meaning a lot of Pokemon associated with the new type will see less usage. I would think it'll have a weakness to Bug, since bugs in general are always noisy and use to it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Fairy Type.... What does that even mean. That's more like a description of a pokemon. Blah blah blah is a pokemon who looks like a fairy."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back