• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think that an evolution of Mightyena will happen by any chance. All the Pokemon introduced early in the generations such as Rattata, Patrat and Poochyena can't have a third evolution. I hope there will be a Dark-type (or a Ghost-type) that learns Rapid Spin, as it can take on Ghosts whilst spinning away hazards on other Pokemon.

For an Ice-type I was thinking of a musk ox, and have stats similar to that of Bouffalant's. It's probably not going to help competitively due to it's Ice typing, but it's an idea.
Shinx, and Lillipup are part of 3 stage lines, while they may have had them introduced within their generation of introduction that doesn't take away that chance, plus it's not like they're the regional bird or rodent.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
serebii has corocoro.

some previous rumors like Pancham becoming Fight Dark on evolution came true. There might be a pokemon associated with rotating the 3DS. A cotton candy pokemon. (expect that one to be the target of hate.)

Interesting stuff this month.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm personally hoping that the gyroscope-based evolution rumor comes true with Maika (the jellyfish looking Pokémon). Just from appearances its evolution looks flipped (tentacles look like they're the top of the body while the actually body is from the middle-ish area down). Just based off of that it seems plausible at the very least. I do agree that Pancham evolving into a Dark/Fighting type as rumored was mildly predictable, but it's nice to know now!

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I think now with all the all the new Pokemon revealed, all the "insiders" rumors are pretty much true. If Maika and Karamanero become Inkay and Malimar and Goronda become Pangoro and the new Professor is Patrice or Sycamore then I'm believing the rest.

The whole gyroscope based evolution seems very plausible now.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
serebii has corocoro.

some previous rumors like Pancham becoming Fight Dark on evolution came true. There might be a pokemon associated with rotating the 3DS. A cotton candy pokemon. (expect that one to be the target of hate.)

Interesting stuff this month.

Well the Pancham was kind of obvious... now if the reversing the 3DS rumor is true it'll increase the credibility of these old rumors.

Wasn't Pangoro supposed to have more arms and a pompadore? If so then this one just shut down the rumor.

With the Professor being male I don't see them naming him Patrice either.

Years
Well, how about the move "Draining Kiss?" The Japanese name of a move that Cotton-Candy Pokémon can use is called "Drain Kiss." So... yeah... I just don't want the rumors to be true because of the dual-typed moves(from the top of my head).

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Wasn't Pangoro supposed to have more arms and a pompadore? If so then this one just shut down the rumor.

With the Professor being male I don't see them naming him Patrice either.

I don't remember that rumor of more arms and a pompadore, maybe I missed that. Though, the Professor thing isn't completely off. The rumor stated there were two professors, one being Patrice and another being Sycamore, and as Pokebeach wrote,
The professor is known as Professor Platane. This might be a reference to the platanus genus of trees, given its close resemblance to the Japanese word for plane tree. Plane trees are known as sycamore trees in North America. It's said that he will battle you from time to time.
Can't completely discredit the rumors yet, if you ask me.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I don't remember that rumor of more arms and a pompadore, maybe I missed that. Though, the Professor thing isn't completely off. The rumor stated there were two professors, one being Patrice and another being Sycamore, and as Pokebeach wrote,
Can't completely discredit the rumors yet, if you ask me.

There were two different Professor rumors. I haven't seen one that said there were two Professors. One rumor was Professor Sycamore and another was Professor Patrice.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
There were two different Professor rumors. I haven't seen one that said there were two Professors. One rumor was Professor Sycamore and another was Professor Patrice.

The Pokebeach roundup of the rumors make it seem as though there are two Professors, http://pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

Thus making me think that perhaps the names were accidentally switched in the leak, or that they've since then simply switched the names?

Years
Maybe they noticed it didn't fit the tree theme and changed them around xD.

There's not many rumors on the champion out there I've noticed...well there usually aren't that many, I would like to see one however.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
Maybe they noticed it didn't fit the tree theme and changed them around xD.

There's not many rumors on the champion out there I've noticed...well there usually aren't that many, I would like to see one however.

What if the Prof. ended up being the Champion?! ...haha, not sure I'd like that idea, unless they gave him a change of clothes for the Champion match. I would like to hear a rumor though. I almost want another girl Champion, but Cynthia (I can't accept the idea of Iris being Champ...) is so perfect to me that it'd be hard to beat that.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
The Round up was just a collection of rumors that had found that hadn't been proven completely false.

Hmm, sure sure, but if I understand correctly, these rumors are all credited to the same source, and as you said, not proven false, because at that point official information started pouring out that matched most of what the leaker was saying.

Years
Not really a rumor but Corocoro is teasing something for the next issue, " due for release on August 12th 2013, is said that the magazine will contain the biggest scoop of the century. We'll provide details on that next month "
I'm guessing this is Pokémon related but than again Corocoro does feature other games beyond Pokémon.

blue

gucci
Years
Not really a rumor but Corocoro is teasing something for the next issue, " due for release on August 12th 2013, is said that the magazine will contain the biggest scoop of the century. We'll provide details on that next month "
I'm guessing this is Pokémon related but than again Corocoro does feature other games beyond Pokémon.

I wondered this too, I can't quite figure out what could trump the last two months of news, we already know the Starters, Rivals, Antagonists, Professor, Region, a handful of Pokémon, new type and more.. so it might just be a larger quantity of Pokémon and an exclusive new feature to X and Y or it could be totally unrelated.

Also, the source who provided those rumors which have been turning out to be true also got the Sycamore Professor and the move "Drain Kiss" Correct...

Years
I wondered this too, I can't quite figure out what could trump the last two months of news, we already know the Starters, Rivals, Antagonists, Professor, Region, a handful of Pokémon, new type and more.. so it might just be a larger quantity of Pokémon and an exclusive new feature to X and Y or it could be totally unrelated.

Also, the source who provided those rumors which have been turning out to be true also got the Sycamore Professor and the move "Drain Kiss" Correct...
I know...the only thing I can see topping this news is the announcement of double type moves which has the potential to blow our metagame out of the water.

JP

wut?
Years
  • Age 33
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 13, 2019
If it's related to Pokemon, I think it'll be a butt-load of new Pokemon and/or some new mechanic that's a huge deal to the new games.

...or they could just be over-exaggerating, which wouldn't surprise me in the least bit.

Back