• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comic Book Reading Club

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Comic Book Reading Club
cross.jpg

Owned by: Meganium

Introduction

Are you a fan of comic books? Do you find yourself reading a whole series of comics? Do you collect comics? Do you "live" in a comic book store? If you say yes to any of these questions, then you are welcome to join the Comic Book Reading Club! This club focuses entirely about comic books, no matter what company/creator/author/designer came from. So, whether you are a fan of Marvel, DC, Dark Horse, IDW, or any other Comic Book publisher out there, all are welcome!

The purpose of this club is to share our comic book collections, comic book interests, as well as discuss any recent comic book releases. You can also do any comic book recommendations in case someone is looking for more comics to read. Similar to a Book Club, but this is exclusively for comic books.

So sit back, grab some coffee and pastries, and turn on your reading lights...time to get comic book readin'!~​

Rules

~All PokeCommunity & FC&G Rules apply.
~Absolutely no download links or distribution of comic books. You may post a strip or a preview of the comic to back up a discussion, but please do not post a full comic book! It's illegal, ya know? :P
~There are no restrictions as to what types of comic books are allowed to be discussed. If a TV series, web series, or a superhero series is donned in a comic book, you may discuss it.
~Please don't start a comic book war. Yes, I'm referring to the whole "MARVEL IS BETTER THAN DC LOLOL". Yeah...don't.
~Discussion is anything goes! Anyone is free to start a topic.​

How to join:

Introduce yourself to the group by stating the following: Username (or whatever name you want us to call you), how long you've been reading comic books, and any comic books you have read/been reading/will read. You can also state any favorite comic books!​

subscriptions-comics-pile.jpg

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
This fan club is worth joining for me.

Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
How Long You Have Been Reading Comic Books: Since my teen years
A number of comic books I have read have included IDW's Transformers comics, Dark Horse's Star Wars comics, and of course Marvel's and DC's superhero comics.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'll introduce myself as well! :)

Name's Meganium and I honestly have been a fan of comics since my freshman year of college. However, because of limitations at the town I used to live in California, I wasn't exposed as much. Then when I moved to Houston and when I got together with my current boyfriend, my interest in comic books have increased significantly. Today I'm trying to collect two kinds of series: the Ultimate Iron Man series, the Star Wars: Princess Leia series, and the Starfire series (that just came out a couple weeks ago iirc). There's sooo many series of comics that I would totally love to get into, especially the MLP comics~ I heard they are pretty good. :) My boyfriend is heavily into the Avengers & Secret Wars series, so that's also something I'd like to get into as well.

innuendo

Polish Gym Challenger
Years
Hi, this club is good for me. I'm fan of comic books, let me see, since my four years I think. Favourite series? I'm a fan of Tony Stark, so... Hello everybody :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'll start a topic to get this club going, okay? How often do you buy comic books? Or, when was the last time you bought a comic book?

Hi, this club is good for me. I'm fan of comic books, let me see, since my four years I think. Favourite series? I'm a fan of Tony Stark, so... Hello everybody :)

Tony Stark...so you are a fan of the Iron Man series? There are a few of them out there. Do you know which one? :3

Pokemon Game Fan

The Batman
Years
My username is Pokemon Game Fan, but my actual internet name is Razor. I just used this name cause it would prevent people from other forums I try to avoid from finding me.

I am a huuuuuge fan of DC comics. I have only been reading them for about 4 years, but I have become obsessed with them.

I've read a huge amount of DC comics, I wouldnt be able to post them all here on the spot.

My favorites are Arkham War, Forever Evil, The Killing Joke, Trinity War, Final Crisis, The Court of Owls, Under the Red Hood, all Deathstroke New 52 Volumes, pretty much any New 52 Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman/Justice League/Flash, and one of my all time favorites, possibly my favorite if I had to choose: Death of the Family, the entire thing. Oh my god, so much... amazingness in one big book.

Years
  • Age 22
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 9, 2015
hey guys! i'm uri && i love love comics. i've only been reading them for a couple years, mostly starting with online comics (which can be super good if you know where to look) and then branching out to one shots and mostly Marvel/DC. i'm a huge fan of Storm, and i have the most issues for her; but i also love Ant-Man & The Vision too.

Where do you guys buy the most of your comic books/related merchandise?

Back