• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Shadow Realm ~ Ghost Type Club

DarkestMidnight

[color=black][b][font=Shadows Into Light]Demon Sla
Years
53d9581e5750e63e7a9c889b2d0cff50.jpg

Hey there everyone, Midnight here! Since I'm a huge fan of ghost-type Pokémon, I wanted to create an environment for trainers like me to discuss them. If you're a fan or an expert of ghost-type Pokémon, this club is for you. As much as this is a place of deep discussion, I also want it to be a friendly environment where trainers get to know each other and have fun. Aside from the normal Pokécommunity forum rules and the general club rules, I have a few more specific rules of my own we all need to follow on here.

Rules:

Spoiler:

Member List:

Spoiler:

Another thing here we have is club partner system. Your possible club partners are the following ghost-type Pokémon. Once one evolves, you may choose to add another one to your group. The rest is explained below:

Spoiler:

If you want to apply for this club, please fill out this application:

Spoiler:

I sincerely hope you consider joining. I can't wait to meet fellow ghost-type fans, I'll see you around soon!

Cheers,
Midnight

Last edited:

DarkestMidnight

Years
Hey everyone, nice to talk to you. I'd like to start out with this club's 1st topic:

What is your favorite ghost-type combination (i.e. ghost/fire)? Why?

Personally, my favorite is ghost/dark because that specific type combination has no weaknesses. There are currently only two Pokémon that are dark and ghost, which are Spiritomb and Sableye (mega and regular). Out of those two, Mega Sableye is my favorite because all of its base stats are higher than Spiritomb, besides its speed, which actually puts it in a better position to take advantage of Trick Room strats.

Can't wait to see your take on this, talk to you soon.

-Midnight

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
Aw, no Phantump? Oh well, Shuppet's cute too.

Preferred Nickname: Solar
Favorite Ghost-Types: Phantump and Banette (and Giratina)
First Club Partner: Shuppet
Reason for Joining: I really love the designs of most ghost-type pokemon, and three of my favorites are ghost-types.
Answer to Current Topic: I don't play competitively, so I'm not really basing it on that, but I like Ghost/Grass. The two just go together really well and there are quite a few cool ideas for them.
I also like Ghost/Dark too. I remember having a Sableye in Sapphire that I thought was completely invincible.

DarkestMidnight

Years
Aw, no Phantump? Oh well, Shuppet's cute too.

Preferred Nickname: Solar
Favorite Ghost-Types: Phantump and Banette (and Giratina)
Reason for Joining: I really love the designs of most ghost-type pokemon, and three of my favorites are ghost-types.
Answer to Current Topic: I don't play competitively, so I'm not really basing it on that, but I like Ghost/Grass. The two just go together really well and there are quite a few cool ideas for them.
I also like Ghost/Dark too. I remember having a Sableye in Sapphire that I thought was completely invincible.

Hey there! I'm sorry I didn't include Phantump at first, I decided to add Phantump as a club partner. If you want to go with Phantump as a partner instead, I'd be happy to change that. Because you're the first person to apply, I decided to also give you Spiritomb as a gift ^.^. It's also partially to make up for the inconvenience of not having Phantump; once again, I apologize.

I also like ghost/grass, as it combines my two favorite types. I don't see any obvious benefits in competitive play, but overall I like it either way.

Thanks again for joining, Solar, it means a lot to me to see people taking interest in my stuff. I hope you enjoy this club, don't be shy or afraid to suggest something or ask questions. I'm very open to other peoples' opinions! ^.^

Thanks,
Midnight

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018
It's fine, I'll just get one after my Shuppet evolves. As I said, Banette's one of my favorites too.

Also, since I noticed you had a Mega Banette icon sprite, I was wondering about how to acheive Megas.

---Solar

DarkestMidnight

Years
It's fine, I'll just get one after my Shuppet evolves. As I said, Banette's one of my favorites too.

Also, since I noticed you had a Mega Banette icon sprite, I was wondering about how to acheive Megas.

---Solar

Good question! You get Megas through the same process as evolving your club partners. I kinda count it as an extra evolution, so it does require the same amount of posts to evolve Shuppet into Banette as evolving Banette into Mega Banette.

By the way, you might have noticed that I put in Phantump, assuming you'd want a new partner. I just fixed that and changed it back to Shuppet, just so you know.

Hope that helped :)

-Midnight

Years
Preferred Nickname: Sheep is okay!
Favorite Ghost-Type: Ooh tough choice.. I think I'll go with Banette. It's the first Pokémon I got to lv. 100 and was my MVP throughout Sapphire. ^^ But I also adore Phantump since it's extremely cute.
First Club Partner:
708MS.png
all the way! Am happy with it staying unevolved. ;D
Reason for Joining: Ghost types were my first favorite type and I've always wished I could travel the world with a full team of them as a kid. I loved Morty, the ghost gym leader from Johto, a lot too.

What is your favorite ghost-type combination? Why?
Ghost and electric! It combines my two favorites types so I'm bummed out we only have Rotom available that follows that combination, but luckily there's no doubt more ghosts will be added later on.

I'm very excited about what new ghosts Sun and Moon will bring especially!

DarkestMidnight

Years
Preferred Nickname: Sheep is okay!
Favorite Ghost-Type: Ooh tough choice.. I think I'll go with Banette. It's the first Pokémon I got to lv. 100 and was my MVP throughout Sapphire. ^^ But I also adore Phantump since it's extremely cute.
First Club Partner:
708MS.png
all the way! Am happy with it staying unevolved. ;D
Reason for Joining: Ghost types were my first favorite type and I've always wished I could travel the world with a full team of them as a kid. I loved Morty, the ghost gym leader from Johto, a lot too.

Ghost and electric! It combines my two favorites types so I'm bummed out we only have Rotom available that follows that combination, but luckily there's no doubt more ghosts will be added later on.

Hey, fancy to see you here! :) That's cool if you want to keep Phantump as a Phantump, I'll just give you another partner once it reaches the point where it would normally evolve.

I agree, ghost and electric is cool! It kinda sucks that Rotom is the only one who fits this description, but all the more reason to like it, right? I personally think Rotom is kinda cute.

Thanks for joining, and once again, happy birthday! :)

-Midnight

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
Years
  • Age 21
  • USA
  • Seen Jun 1, 2018

I agree! Rotom isn't sufficient as far as Ghost/Electric goes. And since they've been bringing the ghost combinations we've always wanted, it'll be interesting to see if we get a new Ghost/Electric type. I'm not sure what they would do for that one, it's one of the less obvious Ghost/Other Type combos.

I'm personally hoping to see a Ghost/Water shipreck pokemon and a Ghost/Fairy imp as well.

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
Preferred Nickname: Biscuit! Because it's spooky...?
Favorite Ghost-Type: Gengar/Banette/Sabelye (can't choose, gosh this type has so many great Pokemon)
Reason for Joining: Because the majority of my favorite Pokemon have seemed to be either ghost or poison type - plus, I love the potential for dark, spooky, or silly lore extensions with these characters.
Answer to Current Topic: Poison. Because ghosts look good in purple.

DarkestMidnight

Years
Preferred Nickname: Biscuit! Because it's spooky...?
Favorite Ghost-Type: Gengar/Banette/Sabelye (can't choose, gosh this type has so many great Pokemon)
Reason for Joining: Because the majority of my favorite Pokemon have seemed to be either ghost or poison type - plus, I love the potential for dark, spooky, or silly lore extensions with these characters.
Answer to Current Topic: Poison. Because ghosts look good in purple.

Hey there, welcome to the club! :) I like ghost and poison too, as it's Gengar's typing, and Gengar is my favorite ghost-type rn.

Thanks for joining!

-Midnight

SmokedPaprika

Basically Garbage
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 2, 2019
Yeah, Gengar seems like the kind of Pokemon that'd give you crap, then affectionately pat you on the back nonetheless. I'm really into Banette, though; the lore surrounding this sentient plush doll is among the franchise's most fascinating.

DarkestMidnight

Years
Yeah, Gengar seems like the kind of Pokemon that'd give you crap, then affectionately pat you on the back nonetheless. I'm really into Banette, though; the lore surrounding this sentient plush doll is among the franchise's most fascinating.

Haha yeah, despite Gengar being creepy, he also kinda looks cuddly too. Banette is pretty fascinating too, I agree.

DarkestMidnight

Years
Hey, let's talk about something new!

What is the best ghost-type move, in your opinion?

I personally like Shadow Ball the most. I use it a lot in my competitive sets, especially on Gengar. On top of it being the strongest ghost-type special move, it also has a 20% chance of lowering the target's special defense by 1 stage. On top of all that, it just looks really cool, in my opinion :)

Can't wait to see your thoughts, talk to you soon!

-Midnight

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Sign me up, I love ghost types!

Preferred Nickname: Aslan
Favorite Ghost-Type: Rotom or Drifloon
First Club Partner: Drifloon

Reason for Joining: Ghost types are really neat! I'm not a fan of most things that are creepy so it's a bit surprising that I like them but they're genuinely one of my favourite types. Their backstories are fascinating and a lot of my favourite pokemon happen to be ghost types - Rotom, Drifloon, Banette, Haunter... I also really like the purple theme a lot of ghost types have going on. That's pretty cool!

Ghost/fire is a type that I've always liked the sound of! Chandelure is a great pokemon but I'd love to see more of the typing in the future.

Ghost/dark is a fantastic typing too. Used to be one of the types that had no weaknesses but even though it seems a bit redundant to say something is both ghost and dark, I love the typing. Plus ghosts aren't necessarily evil! I think they could create some cool pokemon if they made more ghost/dark types.

Shadow Ball! It's the first ghost type move that comes to mind, it's reliable, does great damage and has a cool sound effect! I also like Shadow Claw whilst Destiny Bond has saved me way too many times to count. Confuse Ray is great too but not so much when you're affected and spend the next four turns trying to get your pokemon to attack.

DarkestMidnight

Years
Sign me up, I love ghost types!

Preferred Nickname: Aslan
Favorite Ghost-Type: Rotom or Drifloon
First Club Partner: Drifloon

Reason for Joining: Ghost types are really neat! I'm not a fan of most things that are creepy so it's a bit surprising that I like them but they're genuinely one of my favourite types. Their backstories are fascinating and a lot of my favourite pokemon happen to be ghost types - Rotom, Drifloon, Banette, Haunter... I also really like the purple theme a lot of ghost types have going on. That's pretty cool!

Ghost/fire is a type that I've always liked the sound of! Chandelure is a great pokemon but I'd love to see more of the typing in the future.

Ghost/dark is a fantastic typing too. Used to be one of the types that had no weaknesses but even though it seems a bit redundant to say something is both ghost and dark, I love the typing. Plus ghosts aren't necessarily evil! I think they could create some cool pokemon if they made more ghost/dark types.

Shadow Ball! It's the first ghost type move that comes to mind, it's reliable, does great damage and has a cool sound effect! I also like Shadow Claw whilst Destiny Bond has saved me way too many times to count. Confuse Ray is great too but not so much when you're affected and spend the next four turns trying to get your pokemon to attack.

Hey there, Aslan, thanks for joining! :) You didn't need to reply to both topics, but I appreciate you going above and beyond.

I agree about ghosts not necessarily being evil. Gengar is a pretty goofy Pokemon, in my opinion. There definitely aren't enough ghost/dark types at the moment, so I hope they bring in some more in Sun and Moon.

Good to see you feel the same way about Shadow Ball! I've had it set on almost all of my ghost-type Pokemon since I started playing. Also, addressing your thoughts on Confuse Ray, I have horrible luck, so I almost always miss when my Pokemon are confused. It would be an understatement to say Confuse Ray is not my friend.

Thanks again for joining, I hope you enjoy the club! :)

-Midnight

DarkestMidnight

Years
Hey guys! I'm not gonna put up a new topic quite yet, but I just wanted to show you some cool ghost-type movesets I made today messing around in the Showdown teambuilder.

Sableye-Mega @ Sablenite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Sucker Punch
- Shadow Claw
- Will-O-Wisp
- Protect

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

Drifblim @ Leftovers
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Tailwind
- Baton Pass

Froslass (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
- Protect

Aegislash @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Shadow Ball
- King's Shield
- Substitute

Rotom @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 SpD
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex

This isn't meant to be a team, these are individual movesets. I hope you like these, talk to you soon!

-Midnight

DarkestMidnight

Years
Hey all, hope you're doing fine. Just wanted to remind you that you can post your own new topics or discussion posts without my permission. We all need to work together to keep this club running. No pressure or anything, I just noticed our activity has been pretty low. Carry on with being awesome people, I hope to hear from you soon :) No hard feelings, really!

Then again, my expectations could be too high...

-Midnight

Years

Shadow Ball has always been very reliable and fun for me to use. A lot of Pokémon I had on my team could learn it too, so I had access to it I want to say... 95% of the time. Lately I've been a fan of Shadow Sneak for the priority too, nice to land that first hit when doing random battles in Showdown. =p

Those look like some good movesets too, Tempest! If only I had more knowledge in the competitive team building department. =(

Back