• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Which is the dumbest thing that you ever noticed in Gen 1 ?

Artificial Amateur 2

Artificial Amateur 2
Years
Mine will be the pokedex entry of Cubone because it states " Wears the skull of its deceased mother. Its cries echo inside the skull and come out as a sad melody.Because it never removes its skull helmet, no one has ever seen this Pokémon's real face " . We can clearly notice that all cubones have skull on their faces . Does this mean that the mothers of all cubone are dead or die after their baby cubones are born ?

Feel free to comment your opinions and views on this thread .

LuminousWarrior

Knight In Battle Scarred Armour
Years
Electrode. Just... Electrode. I mean, I sorta get Voltorb. They used Pokeball sprites for thier item pickups, so they made a Pokemon that acts as a mimic, a fairly common RPG monster. What I don't get, is why they decided that it's evolution should just be it, upside-down. Why not make it look like a Great Ball? Maybe give it a third form that looks like an Ultra Ball, or a Master Ball. Actually, why does Voltorb even need an evolution? It EXPLODES! That's its thing. What, did they need a Pokemon that could explode harder? There are a few dumb Pokemon designs in Gen 1, I'm looking at you Dugtrio, but Electrode takes the cake.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 20, 2017
all games in general have this problem, but generation one is the worst at it. I mean why do you create a game in wich you keep becoming stronger and evolving and have so few cool attacks that can be learn before defeating the elite four, I understand they wanted us to use TM' and getting to level hundred to play competitively but it sort of hinders the in game adventure having so few powerful moves early in the learnset.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Dumbest thing in Generation 1? One type to rule them all: Psychic type. Why bother raising other types when a single Pokemon can ROFLSTOMP all competition. Only thing holding it back is move PP. If Bug Type moves were a bit stronger and more prevalent then I might change my mind a bit.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
Only one Dragon-type line. I wished there were at least two because Dragon is super effective against itself and a Dragonite vs. Dragonite is a bit boring. Same goes for Ghost btw.

Years
A lot of Pokemon had poor natural movepools, which makes them only useful with multiple TMs. Also the lack of strong bug type moves was pretty bad, and it only made Psychic stronger than it already was.

Palmer-Granate

The Champion Jester
Years
Mine will be the pokedex entry of Cubone because it states " Wears the skull of its deceased mother. Its cries echo inside the skull and come out as a sad melody.Because it never removes its skull helmet, no one has ever seen this Pokémon's real face " . We can clearly notice that all cubones have skull on their faces . Does this mean that the mothers of all cubone are dead or die after their baby cubones are born ?

Oh, yeeeah. I do remember thinking how strange it was. Sad, really. And what if Cubones were born in packs? Do the other siblings hide away while one of them freely travels? Point well made, buddy.

A lot can be considered 'dumb', such as lack of diverse techniques, (Looking at you, Ghost, Dragon and Bug.) or obvious sprite talent, (Wow, Golbat and Dugtrio come to mind, only in Gen1 will I EVER consider Golem 'adorable'.) What blew my mind was how the Silph's Card Key was resting in the middle of a room. Not a highly classified room w/ a Guard holding it for safe-keeping. No, it was smack-dab in the middle of the 5th floor. Giovanni was slightly more careless w/ his Saffron Master Plan. He certainly wasn't that careless while he was dwelling in his Celadon HQ. At least Celadon had a guard with the Lift Key, but for his grand ruckus, he was quite careless. The ground? Really?? And the same mob boss who had gates during your first two battles, but didn't even provide anything to that degree. At least Surge and Sabrina required a bit to effort to even greet, let alone fight, but the Mysterious Eighth Gym Leader always a strange one.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 20, 2020
and there's only one Dragon-type family.

And the only way to get it is to hope for luck (can catch it in a Poke Ball at full HP) on top of luck (won't run away) on top of luck (have to be fishing with a Super Rod in Safari Zone).

Years
And the only way to get it is to hope for luck (can catch it in a Poke Ball at full HP) on top of luck (won't run away) on top of luck (have to be fishing with a Super Rod in Safari Zone).

You can also buy Dratini from the Game Corner, but it's pretty difficult to build up coins unless you just purchase a lot of coins. It costs 2800 Coins in Red, and 4600 Coins in Blue. :I

Last edited:
Back