• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shining Opal [FULL GAME RELEASED]

LightSlei

ExtremelyHyperNerdTestGam erGuy
Years
great game but urgg its hard to get flash

Where in the world did you get flash? I got to Klindor City and it just seems struck as a dead end :/. Gym Leader is nowhere around, Police block the bridge because it's still being hacked and Rocket Guy is blocking the cave.

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
I've always wanted a Psychic/Electric type. They're my two favourite types. :D I've completed v. 2 and I hope to see the next release soon. Support bar added.

Malkner

Falkner in witness protection.
Years
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this bug, but...
In the gatehouse, the one with the guard, if you access the start menu, you switch places with the guard. Sorry if that's too vague; I forget which gatehouse.

Also, in the game, I released Mikachu and beat the rest of the game with a Rattata. That's gonna seriously hamper Team Psytric's efforts, no? XD

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
Most screenshots updated!
There's new music for the two rival events, with the help of Mastermind_X's "Jukebox" ASM routine.
Mewtwo has been put back in, and Mikachu has been bumped to slot #252.
The World Map has been edited!
More insight on the player and his family!
The reason behind Prof. Rio Gary Oak and his wanting of Mikachu!
Reason for the PokéBeeper!
And a whole lot more!
Just pay shipping and handling. :P (Just kidding)
B3 is on its way, and may be closer than you think! (It depends on what you think :P)

Shining Opal is, in no way, dead!

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
Years
V3 sounds so awesome. I just finished beating your game for the second time and I love my Mikachu. Yeah, I also checked some of the areas with the walk through walls code and it looks all good. (Other than the guy on the rocky platform resetting your game)

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2009
I can't get it to open on my VBA. Whenever I try to open it it says "No image found on ZIP" "file unsupported file type." PLEASE HELP ME THE GAME LOOKS AWESOME!

Years
  • Seen Aug 12, 2009
Personally, I think that the Mikachu or whatever it's called seems a little corny. I'd change the town name "Zigger" to something else. Overall though, the towns seem pretty cool. However, the main character sprites need MAJOR! Work! Personally I think them being the same as the Fire Red character is a turn off on the game. We want a new face in this game!

Good luck all around though.

-Aquahead_Dan

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2009
I found out I had to patch it, but after I did, it went into the intro but when the start screen should've popped up, it went black. Does anyone know what's wrong?

LightSlei

Years
I found out I had to patch it, but after I did, it went into the intro but when the start screen should've popped up, it went black. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Here's the full directions:

Download Lunar IPS.
Download the IPS file.
Patch the IPS file to a CLEAN Fire Red Rom.

LightSlei

Years
I wouldn't say take it out or replace Fly, I think it should be a separate entity that can be employed.

Honestly I'd say both if it's possible but otherwise I think the bus system is fine as a replacement, it adds a bit of a unique feel to the hack.

the hack has its faults but overall I feel good the hack ^^

Mind saying what those faults are? Sure the hack isn't complete but just saying it has faults without pointing them out won't improve the hack, and why do I feel the strong urge your post is solely to raise post count?

Last edited:

NarutoActor

The rocks cry out to me
Years
by brother downloaded the game and I wanted to see what he was playing so I started a new file somethings I thought need some improvement the maps arent that good there square like and the lab is phiscaly un real a lil dor area(looks like a closet) ends up being were oke is witch is a pretty big room the routes are also sqare and the overworld sprite and player character are basicly the same all you did was change the platelets to a diferent collor overall nice hack just fixs the things above :D

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
by brother downloaded the game and I wanted to see what he was playing so I started a new file somethings I thought need some improvement the maps arent that good there square like and the lab is phiscaly un real a lil dor area(looks like a closet) ends up being were oke is witch is a pretty big room the routes are also sqare and the overworld sprite and player character are basicly the same all you did was change the platelets to a diferent collor overall nice hack just fixs the things above :D
Actually, that's an upstairs area, soon to be downstairs.

Back