• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Pokemon Text Editor

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 30, 2018
Haha, Qt for sure has it's little issues, and one of them is the proper deployment of the application.

This tool ships the qwindows.dll in the exact same folder the actual application resides. Seems legit, but Qt does not expect qwindows.dll to be in the same folder as the executable, but rather in a sub-folder called platforms.

All you need to do to get the tool running is to have a folder structure like this:
CuteTextEditor (root)
|---- CuteTextEditor.exe
|---- SomeDLL.dll
|---- platforms
|___|---- qwindows.dll

That's it, enjoy!

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 20, 2017
It's working, yay!

It's a shame it only lets you edit the intro, and that it hasn't been updated in forever; I guess I got my hopes up a little too high for having a better alternative to the glitchy AdvanceText program...

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Haha, Qt for sure has it's little issues, and one of them is the proper deployment of the application.

This tool ships the qwindows.dll in the exact same folder the actual application resides. Seems legit, but Qt does not expect qwindows.dll to be in the same folder as the executable, but rather in a sub-folder called platforms.

All you need to do to get the tool running is to have a folder structure like this:
CuteTextEditor (root)
|---- CuteTextEditor.exe
|---- SomeDLL.dll
|---- platforms
|___|---- qwindows.dll

That's it, enjoy!
It amazes me how this isn't mentioned in the main post yet.
If it weren't for this post, the program would kept crashing like this for me:
VAzlfs9.gif

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
Lunos its easy to solve this problem !

1. Make a new folder with the name platforms.
2. Now put the qwindows.dll data in the platforms folder.
3. Start the programm.

Why are you telling me this when I already know..?
Like, I know how to read and even explained in the previous page my amazement when I saw that it was not mentioned in the main post even though it should.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 22, 2017
When I open a rom, the following message appears: "This rom is alredy busy" my computer is a 64-bit windows. please try to fix this I depend a lot on your program
:v

- a Braziliam Translator

sorry for bad inglish

Last edited by a moderator:

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
I'm surprised the solution to make the tool work is still not mentioned in the main post, smh.
Anyways, I can't open a Fire Red ROM using Pokémon Text Editor.
When I try it, an error pops up saying: "ROM is already in use!" even though it's not.

Is there a way to solve it besides touching the source code?
EDIT: Someone in the community's Discord tried it on Windows 7 and it apparently opens Pokémon Fire Red just fine.
So yeah, I'd say the issue could be happening on Windows 8 and maybe 10 only.

Last edited:

Teanz Gamer

Traductor de Videojuegos
Years
I have the same problem with version 1.1
This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows"
What can i do?

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 23, 2018
Bumping a month old thread, sorry.

This does not work for me:

mcEBvDh.png

I see an earlier post about this where the creator claims they fixed this, however after downloading the version they linked it still does not work.

EDIT: This was solved by a post above. Make a new folder called "platforms" and put qwindows.dll in there.

EDIT 2:[b/] Only the Oak Intro is supported for FireRed, don't bother.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Apr 23, 2018
the tool is not changing all the pointers. the EXACT error message I receive is this "The text can not be changed, pointers not found"

Hubz

Discord: Hubz#3099
Years
I'm running a 64-bit version of windows (I know the only version uploaded is a 32-bit version, but some time 64 are able to handle both) and I got the following Message:

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt plattform plugin "windows" in "".

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Anyway, I know I'm pretty new around here and haven't been modding since Advanced Text was the one to go tool for script hacking. I've seen many users mentioning a Qt, and since my error message does too, I'd really like to know what it is since I'm obviously missing it on my PC.

You would need to download QT and compile it yourself, As i needed to do this to run the application.

MarioPikachu358

Neon358
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 11, 2022
Bit of a problem... there's an error saying "This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt program plugin "windows" in "". Reinstalling the application may fix this problem."

Any solutions?

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen May 1, 2021
Special items like [player] seem to delete themselves for me when added using this tool. Any idea why?

Back