• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Nintendo NY Pokémon USUM Launch Event Announced!

DeusPro

Banned
Years
Nintendo NY Pok?mon USUM Launch Event Announced!

Nintendo has just announced its launch event for USUM this Friday. Check out the article here!

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
Years
Hello! I hope this does not count as bumping the thread (it probably doesn't), but I actually went to the launch event on Friday! It was only for like a few hours or so before my mom wanted to go, but I did went there. I'll put pictures/evidence that I did went there later, because all the photos I took were on my 3DS, so bear with me here!

So, let's ask the very important question: Was there an actual US/UM demo at the event? And was it playable?

The shortest answers: No and technically yes. No to the fact that there wasn't a special US/UM demo. But yes to the fact that you can play Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon there! And they were the full games, too. I think what they probably meant by 'demo' was that 'Oh, you can play the game before you go and buy it!' But, yeah. As many of you probably assumed, there wasn't an actual demo there. There was, however, a bunch of other things!

• PIKACHU! My sister and mom were playing US/UM a lot and we kept missing the chance to take a picture with it. Yes, I'm super salty and sad about that. I really wanted to hug it very much. :<
  • There were, however, what may as well be described as small cute balloon shaped versions of the starters to take pictures of! Took a picture of that, at least.
  • Interaction with Nintendo NY people, yay! Fun facts, trivia questions and some questions for the fans were being asked by one of the people working in NNY there during the event. From which Pokémon you were eager to catch in the games, to actually revealing the true names of the new Ultra Beasts (It seems they actually knew about the leaks, because they asked the fans what their true names are before revealing them) to some other fun stuff. I hugged the person with the mic there, because I said I wanted to catch Mimikyu, then he told me what's the name of it's Z-Move and then I said the answer while also prompting the obvious gesture: a hug which would count as a snuggle. X3
  • Coloring pages! This was required to even get the actual cool stuff they were giving out. You had to color a coloring page of either Litten, Popplio or Rowlet. After you were done, you would show your amazing piece of art/crap to the person over there to get your cool swag. Oh, you can in fact still keep your wonderful colored page after that, by the way. If you didn't want to, you put it in a pile of other coloring pages on the table there. To color your piece of crap, there was a BUCKET full of Crayola crayons for you to get your color on. Why weren't their any coloring pencils? Hey, we don't want the kids to get hurt during this event, ya know?
  • A bunch of trailers that you all saw before were being shown on a big screen, obviously to use as music and for those who actually didn't see them. Fun Fact: I was able to get a glimpse of a Youtube video player bar before it went to another trailer.

Right, you want to know what the cool swag was for coloring a coloring page was, right? Well:
  • A foldable Pikachu hat. I swear I remember seeing someone wear something like this while I was going to the Nintendo World Championships, but it was based on Jibanyan.
  • Drink coasters? Apparently? Again, can't show pics right now, but on the front of these things were official artwork and the back promoted the game. There's also a Pokken Tournament DX book marker (I think...) that is basically the same thing.
  • Speaking of Pokken, Decidueye pin! Probably the best thing I got from that event.
  • Finally, two stickers of Necrozma's new forms. Because why not? Not removing these babies from their sheet, oh hell no.

Something I saw someone had during the event was an US/UM poster. Like, an actual poster. I have no idea how they got it, nor how to actually get it, but if I had to guess, it's probably just by buying the game in the store. Or ya know, it was free and I didn't bother to get it. Oh, and in case you're wondering: No, I did not see a Treehouse member there. I think they were probably gonna show up at a later time that day, but we had to go and stuff.

And thus, my trip to the Launch Event came to an end.

Last edited:
Back