• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Incredibly Wandering Thread V3 ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Oh God we're in ROM Hacking. We're through the looking glass, people!

So, er, Shiny Gold is a thing... right? That's a ROM Hack thingamabob?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Oh lawd. Welcome to the Emulation zone, Wandering Thread.

Yes, Shiny Gold is in fact a thing and for a while was probably the reason why 50% of all ROM Hacking-centric members joined PC. Check it out CatDog, I suspect that you'll have an awesome time!

So, has anyone played any hacks recently? How did you feel about them? lazy generic question is lazy

ruby

[span="howdy;partner"][/span]
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
Pokemon Safari's on it's way back guys.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Ahh, ROM Hacking... you were the reason why I joined PC. I still appreciate you.

I did download Shiny Gold when I was a new member. I didn't finish it because of school. Maybe if I do get to download it again, I'll probably finish it this time. xD

I haven't tried any other Hacks. I'm very tempted to try out Liquid Crystal.

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
Years
Oh lawd
So, has anyone played any hacks recently? How did you feel about them? lazy generic question is lazy

Been playing the blue hack Orange Islands Adventures by ER Translations, it's a good hack very much a precursor of what was to come, I'd even go as far to argue that it and the other blue hack Pokemon Aqua were the grandfathers to modern new land based games.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
As horrible and noobish as this is going to sound, which emulators work on a Mac? I assumed all of them were Windows-y so never really bothered to try it out for myself!

Taemin

[i][b]MOVE[/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 36
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 10, 2023
No$GBA and VBA works for Mac, I'm fairly certain.
There's also a Windows emulator that runs on Macs as a fake OS, that might make it easier to run any of the game emulators.

Years
I think ROM hacking was the reason I joined PC, too. Which is funny, because I don't even bother with it anymore :P

There are a few hacks I've been meaning to try out, but I haven't for various reasons.

Brane

-
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 10, 2016
As horrible and noobish as this is going to sound, which emulators work on a Mac? I assumed all of them were Windows-y so never really bothered to try it out for myself!

Just popping in to say that your signature frustrates me. I just don't know how to react to it.

*joins the discussion*

I joined in around 2006-7 (on a different account) when ROM Hacking was blooming I guess. You really couldn't go a day without seeing the majority of the forum posted in. I guess now from what I experienced, it is somewhat lacking. That could also be because I only recognise around two people? Heh.

On a side-note I remember the days when Zel used to update...

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
Years
  • Seen May 28, 2015
Hmm... I think I joined the community around early 2008, but I had lurked a few months prior to signing up. I suppose what brought me here was an old hack called Chaos Black. Found it elsewhere and I wanted more info on it, eventually it led me here. From then on I was hooked on ROM Hacking.

After a few months it got pretty boring and I got tired of people bashing Emerald. So, i took a break for a few years, learned some programming, re-worked my hack and now I'm back for awhile.

Good to see some familiar faces still around :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey, this thread is finally in ROM hacking so I can join =D
ROM hacking (not Shiny Gold) was the main reason I joined this community, back in 2008 I did not post much and I just enjoyed downloading hacks but I wanted to make my own hack so I started to be more active and now I'm here on daily basis :D

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
ROM hacking was indeed the main reason why I came to PokéCommunity in the first place when I was looking for ROM hacking tools. And it's getting even better now that there's gonna be NPRE (Nintendo Pokémon ROM Editor), which will be the first ever layout editor for generation 4 and 5. Though I'm thinking about doing it the Autodesk 3ds Max way, since there are plugins for it to edit the layout of the game, so I have to try and get it going. But how is anyone going to afford it if it's over $3,000 AUD? Talk about an expensive way of doing it. :(

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Why in hayseed is this thing doin' here...? :D

Aw well...

For me, things are getting a bit slow on the ROM Hacking section.
Mostly, we're still stuck in 3rd gen hacking. =/

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Just popping in to say that your signature frustrates me. I just don't know how to react to it.
However you'd react to seeing Alison Williams eat some wedding cake is how you're supposed to react to my signature. I think it's amazingly cute, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Yeah, about the whole Gen III thing, why haven't there been more hacks of... say, HGSS, for example. All the ones I've seen tend to be either Ruby or FireRed.

Years
Never thought in a million years I'd have a thread in ROM hacking, lololol.

tbh I think HGSS is still too new for hacking. It's barely 2 years old. :|

Years
true, but afaik it uses a very similar format to DPPT, as does BW and B2W2 so once DPPT is cracked im sure the rest of the DS Gens will follow. shame i have no idea what to do to help lol

Back