• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I was looking at Pokémon X and Pokémon Y as names and I have come to the conclusion that Pokémon Y, aesthetically, looks extremely awkward. Especially all by itself.

Pokémon Y...

So awkward.
When found alone, Y can be an awkward letter. I just hope that if there's a third game, Pokémon W won't be the title. Now that's awkward.

Pokémon W...

Definitely worse than Pokémon Y when by itself.

iTeruri

iAm
Years
That's not exactly the case, based on the pattern of past games most of them saw Europe getting the games last, with Australia usually being in the middle.

The only times Australia came last in releases was with Red & Blue and Black & White, and they did get Gold & Silver before the US. I'm sorta speculating the pattern will be the same as most games - Japan > US > Australia > Europe.

In fact, here's the patterns based on the last few games (I'm counting Japan out since it's always first):

Red & Blue: US > Europe > Australia
Yellow: US > Australia > Europe
Gold & Silver: Australia > US > Europe
Crystal: US > Australia > Europe
Ruby & Sapphire: US > Australia > Europe
FireRed & LeafGreen: US > Australia > Europe
Emerald: US > Australia > Europe
Diamond & Pearl: US > Australia > Europe
Platinum: US > Australia > Europe
HeartGold & SoulSilver: US > Australia > Europe
Black & White: Europe > US > Australia
Black 2 & White 2: US > Australia > Europe

Notice how it's almost the same pattern? Australia usually almost always ends up in the middle. Even though some games had a big few months' difference with the international releases, it often ended up with the same pattern except for Red & Blue, Gold & Silver and Black & White.

That makes sense.
Japan gets them first because it's where the games are made.
The US gets them second, because translating from Japenese to English makes sense.
A delay between the American release and the Australian release makes no sense, but it's there.
Then the translation to the other European languages begins, so the games can be released in Europe (in all languages at the same time).

---

More than likely I'll get the games the day before the release date. I think Diamond might've been the last Pokémon game I bought on the release date, all others I bought before the official release date (with Black being the exception, but I got white the day before the release). I even got my 3DS the day before the official release (does that make me a very early adopter?).

blue

gucci
Years
Well there's no real structure to base it off from that, although the US have had the prority the majority of the time, there've been occasions where both Europe and Australia have got the games before others so it could just happen again.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Despite knowing that the games would be released worldwide in the same month doesn't necessarily mean that it'll be released on the same day. I'm sure later on they'll reveal the separate days in where it's going to be released. I'm assuming the US will get it before Japan for a change.
More than likely I'll get the games the day before the release date. I think Diamond might've been the last Pokémon game I bought on the release date, all others I bought before the official release date (with Black being the exception, but I got white the day before the release). I even got my 3DS the day before the official release (does that make me a very early adopter?).

I remember when I tried buying Pokémon Platinum at Kmart here in Australia before it's release date and it led to the one of the Kmart staff members getting into trouble for almost allowing me to purchase the game before it's release date, and so after that... they refused to sell it to me until it's release date.

So unfortunately... I'd have no choice but to buy it right on it's release, the same thing will happen with X and Y. So disappointing though, but I guess that's their strict guidelines. :(

blue

gucci
Years
It does seem too short for a Pokemon game, I'm used to saying Pokemon Platinum, Pokemon White etc but it just seems cut short when saying Pokemon X or Pokemon Y.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I don't get it :(

And according to Hikari's stuff, it'll go US, Aus the Eu.
Like Y, W by itself just seems awkward but more so. If they were to title whatever third game we get Pokémon W, whatever OCD I may have is going to kick in and all I'll see it as is an abbreviation of Pokémon White.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Either give us W and Z games and a quartet of box legendaries instead of the mess that was B2W2 or do nothing. W and Z could establish Pokemon that are the beginning and the end to the Xerneas and Yveltal focused Mythos, and perhaps give us an interesting story to go along with XY and Y. Sequel of course, but with massive differences to XY, unlike B2W2 again. The reason I'm saying this is cause with DLC there is no justification for releasing the same game once again with minor updates when they could just patch the game over. Sequels are the only thing that could work with the advent of DLC, and even then they could give the original games a DLC option to start a memory link style new game+

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Unless they decide to leave out DLC from these games... it's possible.
Though I agree with the W and Z for sequels, after all W and Z make up a another sex-chromosome pair (birds irc).

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Paraquoting here but Masuda said a while back charging for non-substantial DLC is wrong, so likely if any DLC comes from the games it would be massive updates, like what the Battle Frontier or Pokewood can be considered. Stuff like that being added in bundles, and perhaps having the world evolve throughout the years would eliminate the need for 3rd versions/sequels. Not to mention if they feel bad about non-substantial DLC being sold, its wholly hypocritical for them to even consider 45 euro games like B2W2 being sold anymore.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
The backgrounds/skins would need to look very cool or beautiful for me to buy them. Legends...well they practically had those of us who wanted the Therian formes of the Kami trio, so I can see something like that for legends.

blue

gucci
Years
Yeah, I can see DLC playing a big part in these games, they have a lot of potential for many different uses such as events, aesthetic changes, new areas, new extended features etc.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
What about DLC trainers, similar to the e-reader trainers in gen III.

Hm... yeah that probably would be a good idea. But I also thought of another thing as well, maybe trainers can have different accessories, even if one trainer is the same trainer class?

That would at least make each and every trainer look different and unique in their own way. ;)

I'm looking forward to some things getting evolutions from gens 1-5 that needed them. Hopefully, nothing else or maybe just 1 thing from 1st gen gets an evolution as most of them already do :s Buuuut, for something like Girafarig, I could see a step up being neat. I always liked Girafarig. Dat typing.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
More X&Y insider junk from 4chan.

Yes, while I do know that "leaks" from 4chan can be easily taken with grains of salt, (in this case, I highly doubt 4Chan would be anyone with inside info's first port of call...), and yes, I know it's not real info and only just speculations, its just, some of those speculations are... kinda interesting!

Like the Timetravel idea. Plus given that it's happened before in the games, it wouldn't be as out-there as one may think. The Bond system has serious potential as well, giving pokémon-trainer relationships a bigger role than the Happiness Counter, which, admittedly, I follow. Using it to make way for more moves similar to Return, in addition to the fuzzy feeling you get when your psychotic, sadistic 3 headed Dragon loves you so much, would make raising the critters far more rewarding. Of course, maybe it would also solve the Sylveon evolution mystery?

Finally, while most of these "new pokémon" sound.... weird, those Card Quartet Legendaries sound kind of cool~ My best guess is that they'd be dual types akin to the Rotom formes who share one basic type. Perhaps Normal or Dark. Or maybe a Normal/Ghost is a combo?

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
What made me skeptical about that rumor is the mention of the total number of new Pokemon as 99, which is far too few for Pokemon standards (not to mention Sylveon being a pure normal, which ruins the pattern of the eeveelutions being based on formerly special-based types).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back