• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
There was a thread about a new Eeveelution in Poke General I think. Dragon would be cool, and I know a lot of people would think "how do you make a fox evolve into a dragon?" but there's been decent fan art of Fakemon with a Dragon Eevee and it could work if done correctly. I'd prefer a Ghost Eeveelution myself, but since Eeveelution types represent what once were all special attacks, Dragon is all that remains.
While you're right about Eeveelutions being based on the special attack types I expect, eventually, all types will have an Eeveelution. I'm pulling for a Steel type Eeveelution though, would make sense with there already being a dark type one (both types introduced in Gen 2) and would take good, thorough, use of Iron Tail.

Years
While you're right about Eeveelutions being based on the special attack types I expect, eventually, all types will have an Eeveelution. I'm pulling for a Steel type Eeveelution though, would make sense with there already being a dark type one (both types introduced in Gen 2) and would take good, thorough, use of Iron Tail.

I agree.

I'd really like to see a Steel, Rock, or Ghost Eeveelution first, then perhaps Dragon, Ground, Bug, Flying, etc.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

I definitely agree. When I was a kid, I drew an Eeveelution for each type. ...Let's pray they don't dig up my drawing and use them lmfao. Especially my Dragon one. But I do think they'd finish up previous special attack types before starting with the physical one, but yeah, I think they will eventually move in that direction. I wouldn't mind! :)

GUYS I DON'T WANNA GO TO SCHOOL I WANNA STAY AND TALK TO Y'ALL ABOUT GEN 6 :( :( :(

Years
I agree.

I'd really like to see a Steel, Rock, or Ghost Eeveelution first, then perhaps Dragon, Ground, Bug, Flying, etc.

Ghost and Rock would be awesome. Mainly Ghost, as that is my favourite type. I think there might be another 2 in the game, minimum 1.​

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I'm genuinely surprised that we haven't had more Eeveelutions yet. I'm expecting Dragon to be the next one tbh. I really want a Poison and Ghost one though. <3

Also
legends.jpg

This literally looks like the product of Virizion and Keldeo.

Years
Ugh. I have to have a 3DS for this game? Saddened. I mean, I figured it would happen, but still.

That aside, I like the looks for the legendaries instantly. The starters I think I'll need a little time to get used to, except for the fox which is already pretty adorable.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Although I admit the graphics are really top-notch (what less would you expect on a freaking 3DS)
The same system that gave us these?
Spoiler:

Sorry, but I've owned a 3DS since launch and I expected much more from the graphics. The overworld in particular is something you'd see on the DS. The battles aren't much either, the effects look lazy and the models are plain looking and lack charisma. The backgrounds especially are ugly.

3D has always been hit or miss, and we are way past the days when they're still something completely mindblowing. 2D always managed to look timeless...but Pokemon X/Y right now looks dated already. I get what they're trying to get with the artstyle, but it's not fit for 3D at all.

Years
The same system that gave us these?
Spoiler:

Sorry, but I've owned a 3DS since launch and I expected much more from the graphics. The overworld in particular is something you'd see on the DS. The battles aren't much either, the effects look lazy and the models are plain looking and lack charisma. The backgrounds especially are ugly.

3D has always been hit or miss, and we are way past the days when they're still something completely mindblowing. 2D always managed to look timeless...but Pokemon X/Y right now looks dated already. I get what they're trying to get with the artstyle, but it's not fit for 3D at all.
I have to agree. My first impressions were that the graphics didn't look like anything special. But perhaps we're just getting a look at unfinished graphics? Something they rushed for this announcement?

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
I have to agree. My first impressions were that the graphics didn't look like anything special. But perhaps we're just getting a look at unfinished graphics? Something they rushed for this announcement?
I doubt they're unfinished or rushed graphics. I expect at least a few departments were already working on Gen 6 before B2/W2 were even released.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
That's what I'm hoping for. I'd have excused the graphics if they wanted this to run at 60fps, but the framerate is the worst offender of them all, actually. It looked like 20fps from the trailer, 15fps maybe. The battles would have gained way more if it ran on a good, steady framerate.

I hope they fix at least one of them. I managed to play through MGS3 3DS because how great it looked on 3D mode, so I excused the framerate.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Graphics aside there's one thing I hope they fix: The encounters. I've said it in one thread, but they better get rid of random encounters. It's a dated and tired mechanics, one that has no purpose and is just annoying. They got 3D models, so it can't be hard to make them visible in the overworld. This way you get to choose if you want to fight them or not, without having to click the run button 10 times every 5 minutes.

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Random encounters is a common thing for JRPGs, and it also ruins the feeling of being patient to catch a rare Pokemon (not to mention game-breaker material).

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
You ever played any modern JRPG? I'm 99% sure Pokemon is the ONLY RPG that still uses random encounters.

You don't need random encounter to get surprised of getting a rare Pokemon nor does do you need to it to reward patience. Hell just seeing it in the overworld alone is a surprise on its own, and if they don't want you to catch it easily it can run away instead of trying to attack you. I know in Persona 3 when you find a rare shadow it'll run away right when it sees you.

blue

gucci
Years
It would be good to interact with Wild Pokemon rather than having encounters but from the images, it still looks like there are grass patches for it.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
They sort of did that already for the Pokemon Ranger games, in which it wasn't bad! I'd be on board with that for a change~ But I dunno, from the trailer, it doesn't look like it changed; except for the encounter intro.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Ugh yeah I just noticed. This is one change that I feel is absolutely crucial, but they didn't go with it. Disappointing.

Years
The only reason I can see in favor of excusing the poor graphics is the sheer mass of data required in a Pokemon game, as well as it being a completely connected overworld with no loading times between areas. If there were loading times between areas, I would be appalled and it would be a massive change from past Pokemon games.

That and GameFreak isn't exactly known for maximizing the graphics potential of a system, especially on their first release for a system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back