Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
6,880 posts
8.9 Years
What are some mechanics in mafia that you find unclear or inconsistent? Are there any you'd like to discuss? This can be mechanics involving any technical aspect of mafia, such as role interactions and order of operations, how items work, and so on.

My goal is to create a guide discussing and explaining these mechanics, setting a standard for the UG that all GMs and players can refer to. I already have some things in mind, but I figured I'd open it up to see what questions people currently have.
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Minute Ago
Posted 16 Minutes Ago
19,982 posts
7.2 Years
There's often confusion as to the order actions and kills go through, with what roleblockers can and can't block, what triggers passive roles like Loudmouth and how several roles (such as blockers) function when they interact with each other.

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
4,225 posts
7.3 Years
+1 on the above, particularly on what triggers passive roles.

Also system messages for e.g. what's revealed when loudmouth is visited, when someone who's vested is hit by mafia kill, etc. Have seen inconsistencies with these which can be gamebreaking.

Also real/fake item priority - do fake items always take priority? Is it the most recently received one that takes priority?

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Minute Ago
Posted 16 Minutes Ago
19,982 posts
7.2 Years
Number of firings of a gun per day is apparently also a good one to add.

Kitty

Meow, purr purr.

Space
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
756 posts
1.4 Years
i'd like to discuss all of these in separate threads
role priorities. apart from when they visit, do their actions always get priority or does it do a thing??
also cONFUSING ROLE INTERACTIONS.
Advertiser Content