Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL / Richmond, VA
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
25,185 posts
9.3 Years
https://www.theverge.com/2019/5/15/18626643/ytmnd-down-meme-4chan-something-awful-internet-culture

YTMND, or You're the Man Now Dog, went offline over the weekend. You might know it as one of the first ever places to browse and upload memes, before the popularity of social media and reddit. There are several reasons speculated for the site going down (which can be found in the article above), but this right here is proof that nothing lasts forever, even if it seems like it would.

So, what's your take? Have you ever browsed or even contributed to YTMND? If it was in fact closing forever, would you miss the site?

donavannj

Age 28
Male
'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
22,232 posts
14.4 Years
YTMND was a great time killer for me back in 2005/2006/2007. I'll miss it some, but we've definitely moved past the site culturally as now places like Reddit act as meme hubs.

I never bothered to create or upload any YTMNDs, though.
whoops

juliorain

Male
USA
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
1,617 posts
2.9 Years
It says it sufferend a catastrophic failure and is working to restore a back up

Green

쳐다보지마 그런 눈으로

Male
Kansas, USA
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
To be honest, I get my memes, and look up my memes from so many different sources, that I didn't even realize that place existed....

I'm surprised, actually, I've heard of most big sites like that. O:

왜 그래 왜 안돼
잘못한 게 우린 하나 없는데

you might know me as Drew | paired to Palamon

Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL / Richmond, VA
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
25,185 posts
9.3 Years
It says it sufferend a catastrophic failure and is working to restore a back up
While it'd be good for this to come to fruition, I would have to wonder how well it would do financially considering how the site had gone so far downhill since its prime days.
Advertiser Content