Seen June 12th, 2019
Posted December 21st, 2017
8,221 posts
4.4 Years

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous townsmen
Or to take arms against a sea of Mafiosi,
And by opposing end them.

Role reveals are oft fraught with controversy and lengthy discourse. Very often people are wary of those who reveal, and on the other side of the coin, people buy it. Assuming you have a role, would you ever reveal yourself in a game? If so, how do you determine the best time to reveal and how would you handle the reactions to come? And if you're the player that doesn't reveal their roles, what would you do if someone comes out and claims your role?

Salzorrah

grassium Z

Age 21
Female
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6,372 posts
8.6 Years
Depends on the role I got. If it was something that would be really helpful, like the Nymph in F&D, I would try to pick out the threat without anyone noticing, and just reveal when everything is too late. If someone were to claim my role, I'd let them do what they do... Makes my job simpler since no one is looking at me.

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
19,972 posts
7.2 Years
I don't usually reveal my role since it just attracts unwarranted attention and more often that not causes the person revealing more problems then it does positives. In saying that though, I will reveal my role if I deem it the best course of action.

Klippy

L E G E N D of

Age 27
Male
Disneyland
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted May 16th, 2019
16,383 posts
13.5 Years
Nobody believes you when you reveal your role more often than not. Even if you flat out said you were the x, people would just call you a liar and proceed to lynch you. :P

I've revealed my role a few times and had moderate success with doing so. I certainly survived beyond my initial state of affairs.

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
19,972 posts
7.2 Years
Nobody believes you when you reveal your role more often than not. Even if you flat out said you were the x, people would just call you a liar and proceed to lynch you. :P

I've revealed my role a few times and had moderate success with doing so. I certainly survived beyond my initial state of affairs.
You seem to live longer when your roles are made up haha

Foxrally

Age 20
Male
a Torterra's back
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 3 Weeks Ago
2,585 posts
6.3 Years
Come to think of it, the only time I didn't reveal my role at one point was in THG, and that was because I was the mafia boss lol

But yeah unless I'm not allowed to, or it's going to cause me big problems, I ususally like to reveal my role at some point if it will get GP killed won't get me killed.
Paired to Ice and gimmepie
3DS Friend Code
0103-9972-1307
I make memes and other carcinogens

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
10,696 posts
5.5 Years
I only do when revealing it will provide a decent amount of information to the players, like when I'm a detective and now three alignments or two mafia members. Otherwise it'll only get you killed, if not during day, then in the next night.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!

Female
深き海の彼方
Seen December 17th, 2017
Posted December 17th, 2017
4,904 posts
5.7 Years
*remembers the Patriotic Blue episode* @_@
Paired with Dragon and Koakuma

Ash

Seen 4 Minutes Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
Well can't forget the chaos that happened throughout the whole game that was caused because of Klippy revealing he was the medic in THG :')

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,880 posts
8.9 Years
Shak vs Sonata: A Duel to the Death
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn

Circuit

Wiring your Circuits

Age 23
Male
Berlin
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
4,814 posts
11.4 Years
Well y'know guys, just saying...

Netto Azure

Kiel

Age 26
Male
Alistel, Vainqueur
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
9,460 posts
11.2 Years
I dunno, a role reveal certainly turned the tables on you recently. :P

aeternum

Not Suitable For All Ages

Indiana
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
13,230 posts
6.4 Years
Always reveal your role. If it's like a detective or seer or something. If not don't bother you'll just be wasting your life. but of course there's always the ones who will jump at literally anything anyone says and then get you lynched because someone claims to have the same role as you when they clearly don't.

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
6,880 posts
8.9 Years
oh my god Sonata
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn

gimmepie

Age 23
Male
Australia
Seen 5 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
19,972 posts
7.2 Years
Always reveal your role. If it's like a detective or seer or something. If not don't bother you'll just be wasting your life. but of course there's always the ones who will jump at literally anything anyone says and then get you lynched because someone claims to have the same role as you when they clearly don't.
Would you like some salt with that comment? :P

aeternum

Indiana
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
13,230 posts
6.4 Years
Would you like some salt with that comment? :P

Why whatever are you talking about?

Winter

거기 너 I fancy you

Age 22
Non-binary
Seen June 12th, 2019
Posted December 21st, 2017
8,221 posts
4.4 Years
Going by past experiences, I doubt a role reveal would leave me alive at the end of the day lol.

But I think for investigative roles, perhaps after four to six nights, which should've harvested sufficient information and assuming you haven't died, would be sorta ideal. Also if I ever saw someone claiming to be my role, I'd just question their credibility without making it obvious that I could be the real role.

Of course if someone wants to be the Serial Killer and take the fall for me, I'll play. ;)

Salzorrah

grassium Z

Age 21
Female
Floaroma Town, Sinnoh
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
6,372 posts
8.6 Years
The only time I've ever successfully did a role reveal was spoodergurl in F&D, and tbh to get a great role reveal, you have to build the trust of other players on you. If people really trust you that much then gg :] That really goes both ways...

Circuit

Wiring your Circuits

Age 23
Male
Berlin
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
4,814 posts
11.4 Years
Now, I wouldn't know that because I still don't have a bloody role!!!

Ash

Seen 4 Minutes Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
I love these people who are talking about having or not having a role when the only games they've been in are games that are still active.

Circuit

Wiring your Circuits

Age 23
Male
Berlin
Seen 23 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
4,814 posts
11.4 Years
I've been in like, four or five. I seem to remember playing a variant of this in real life too somewhere, though I may have been very drunk. But still... There are like, 20+ roles and 4/5 times in a row I've been stuck with being an innocent ;;

aeternum

Indiana
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
13,230 posts
6.4 Years
Real life mafia/werewolf is always so much fun. 10 or 11 people and everyone has a role? Oh yeah.
Advertiser Content