Advertiser Content

Where did your username come from?

Started by HeroLinik September 3rd, 2018 2:45 AM
  • 72 replies

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 21
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Hours Ago
768 posts
2.2 Years
Topic title says it all, really. How did your username come to be?

As for me, it started over on an IRC (yes, this was before Discord) server for a forum I used to frequent. Looking back in hindsight, I was using a really stupid name (castlewars) that didn't really fit, and people were mocking me for my name and making offshoots of it, such as castlepeace. As I was going through a Zelda phase at the time, I wanted to change to "Link", but my finger stumbled on an extra I, making it Linik. The "Hero" part at the start was added for YouTube, just to make it sound cool.

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

colours

seed bomb

Female
the dream world
Online now
Posted 2 Hours Ago
4,682 posts
14.3 Years
not even going to touch on the history of my past usernames, that's a whole 'nother story and I had a very long bout of username indecisiveness lmao

but as for my current username... let's just say it fits my personality the most, haha.

erik destler

and I - oop!

Age 27
Male
louisiana
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
6,440 posts
14.1 Years
Gonna move this over to S&T.

My current username came from my love for Ursula from The Little Mermaid. I've had this username....twice, now?

As far as my main username - Erik Destler - it stems from my love of the Phantom of the Opera. Erik is his canon first name from the book, and Destler is the surname given to him in the 1989 horror adaptation starring Robert Englund that I never finished watched bc it was too scary.

Paired with Laslow and Cherrim

Caite-chan

...blasting off again!

Age 32
Female
Vermillion City
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
4,095 posts
15.7 Years
Mine is a play on my real name Caitlin. I had wanted to use my real name when I join Bulbagardens but someone had already taken it so I changed it to Catie-chan.

HeroLinik - Not gonna lie I never even noticed the spelling until I read your post...lol.
VPP: Rotom - Fan @ 4,150 | Futro Region

adventure

press start to play

Non-binary
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
32,647 posts
11.7 Years
Journey was taken.

hoshiko

PC's jacksepticeye enthusiast

Age 21
Non-binary
deep south
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,944 posts
9.3 Years
i'd rather not talk about my past usernames lol. my currently username basically means star child in japanese. i wanted a username based off rin hoshizora from love live, so i figured why not take part of her last name and see what other japanese words fit with it. and thus hoshiko was born.
"POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE"
they/them, he/him ★ pashminatumblr ao3

Percy

Male
Asia
Online now
Posted 30 Minutes Ago
2,897 posts
4.9 Years
i think i used the name percy because i have this pun of name + avatar combo. my name was percy but my avatar was michael jackson. percy + michael jackson = percy jackson. it was a stupid pun that no one got ;-;

that name+avatar combo is gone now though. kinda stuck with percy because its simple

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 22
Male
Milaturia.
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
4,714 posts
10.5 Years
This is my main username online & Palamon is some knight from A Knight's Tale. This username is pretty much my identity online, so I can't move away from it lmfao.
Theme: Tsukinaga Leo
Pair: Green

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
862 posts
1.1 Years

I dunno. Kinda popped in to my head one time when I was on a Different forum was my username. Until I got banned. Then I came here after I became 13. Anyway, I just happen to like the word calzone. The 407 is just a random string of numbers

Tsutarja

Age 24
Male
Tampa, FL / Richmond, VA
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 16 Hours Ago
25,210 posts
9.3 Years
hi my username is the Japanese name for Snivy :>

Amyrakunejo

Philosophical Pagan Lady Fair Gamer Lesbian

Female
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted December 12th, 2018
17 posts
319 Days
My username?

It's my actual name; roughly translated to English from my native tongue, it means 'Fairest Lady'. It holds true; I am very fair, but not always nice. I try to be, but don't push me...lol

Spoiler:
That delicious looking image has now made me hungry, lol
Amyrakunejo, Princess of Purity

#AnarchistAmerica2020

https://www.yatta-tempel.de/animierte/feeiana2.gif
Name: Sylvia
Adopt one yourself! @ Pokémon Orphanage
(yeah I tried to get the image to display-it refused so to Hell with it there's the damn link)

Sheep

Female
Cape Town
Online now
Posted 1 Hour Ago
26,202 posts
12.8 Years
i actually took it from someone on a pokémon-esque website that used to exist called paladore because it was cute, lol
now it has stuck and is my identity ♡

pair family mal llsif bandori ffxiv art
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Enpatsu Shakugan

Banned

Male
Seen November 4th, 2018
Posted November 4th, 2018
1,827 posts
1.3 Years
It's the title of Shana, the lead from Shakugan no Shana.

"Flame haired, burning eyed"

Love the sound of it, its association to heat, red, fire, and the series, so that's why.

I can't think of anything I'd ever want to change it to either.

HeroLinik - Not gonna lie I never even noticed the spelling until I read your post...lol.
Curiously, me neither.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.

Male
Liberty Garden
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 7 Hours Ago
9,125 posts
6.6 Years
I got first half of my current username from my make-believe personal anime (Starry Wings), and the Windy because some tend to call me Windy here.

Fairy

Female
Laverre City
Online now
Posted 49 Minutes Ago
8,348 posts
8.2 Years
I am a Fairy.

Bidoof FTW

→ Bidoof is Pretty Rad

Age 20
Male
the States
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
3,546 posts
5.7 Years
When I first went to the battle server, I wanted this name that was like funny and ironic, and was like "Haha bidoof is a terrible pokemon and HM slave but like I'll add FTW for 'For the win' that's so clever". I was a youngin back then so I guess it makes more sense but it kinda stuck.

And now Bidoof is my favorite pokemon, kinda weird how that worked out.

Kitty

Meow, purr purr.

Space
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 3 Hours Ago
756 posts
1.4 Years
Churarara was for a comeback thing so it started here in pc and i was v much into league of legends and sorakas banana

And i still like jirachi and pikachu

So i combined it into churaka bc i was that clever

Then jay decided to make the nickname chura and it stuck and evolved to churarara

I get the name kitty when i can tho obv bc i love cats

LadyJirachu

My avatar creator Korrina av. HOT!

Age 28
Female
Sticking by Korrina (i love her :3)
Online now
Posted 20 Minutes Ago
2,515 posts
15 Years
Jirachu:
Pikachu+Jirachi (old time favorite pokemon of mine xD)

Lady:
Come's from Korrina's 'Lady Korrina' title in the pokemon x and y games :P
~Number One Korrina Fan Girl~

Keeping my pink sig text lol

I'm too autistic to be as girly as I generally am....And too bold to care <3 Some 'rules' were meant to be broken, anyways. Who's crazy idea was it that an aspie girl 'can't be extremely feminine' if thats what she WANTS....? I'm me. I'm an ultra 'girly' lipstick lesbian korrina fangirl with autism and very proud of who I am!!! And anyone who says i'm an impossible life form is ignorent~ :P

Calio Critter toys are SO CUTE!!! :D

Kimi is my big sister (on this forum) and i'm a pokemon fan 4 life :3
http://thekorrinafanklub.proboards.com/
Please join my forum :D

How odd. This forum no longer allows blingee signatures.....? *shrug*
Advertiser Content