Started by Hillsy13 February 10th, 2019 7:38 PM
  • 3 replies

Hillsy13

Male
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
86 posts
3 Years
quick question about music hacking, it's pretty simple but I'm just not sure about it. I've been looking at this thread for voicegroups in rse. https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=158512 But none of these match up with the values in the 'voices' tab in sappy. Am I missing something simple here?
Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 1.1]

Road_to_Cerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover

Male
Route 1 (Kanto)
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
188 posts
2.8 Years
That might be because the ROM version the thread starter researched on is not an ENGLISH version (probably SPANISH). No need to worry about, just different offsets. The instruments are the same.

You are challenged by Pokémon Trainers Red, Blue & Leaf!
Pokémon AgateRed and JadeGreen (Chapter 1 Finished, Chapter 2 In Progress)
My remixed music list: Here
My deviantART page: Here

Hillsy13

Male
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
86 posts
3 Years
That might be because the ROM version the thread starter researched on is not an ENGLISH version (probably SPANISH). No need to worry about, just different offsets. The instruments are the same.
Yeah but then I have no idea which voicegroups are which. I haven't found any documentation that matches what is shown in sappy.
Pokémon Emerald Genesis [Beta 1.1]

Road_to_Cerulean

A Ordinary Kanto Lover

Male
Route 1 (Kanto)
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
188 posts
2.8 Years
Yeah but then I have no idea which voicegroups are which. I haven't found any documentation that matches what is shown in sappy.
Even if there're no documentations, that's not a problem at all.

If you want to insert your custom music (or port music from other ROMs), it is best to create a custom voicegroup (size 0x600 for 128 instruments in free space), then copy the offsets of direct instruments from existing voicegroups, and manually set up 4 GB channels (You have to learn a little about ADSR and set up them). This saves much more time than struggling to find a "most suitable" voicegroup to force your new songs in.

You are challenged by Pokémon Trainers Red, Blue & Leaf!
Pokémon AgateRed and JadeGreen (Chapter 1 Finished, Chapter 2 In Progress)
My remixed music list: Here
My deviantART page: Here
Advertiser Content