Scripting Question pbSetSeen/Owned

Started by Tsuina June 2nd, 2019 11:22 AM
  • 6 replies
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
51 posts
65 Days
Hello everyone,

I would like to use another dynamic for collection in my game. Let's say in addition to the capture of wild pokemons it would be possible to collect informations about trees.

I think the easiest way is to add a regional pokedex which has only trees in it and add trees in the pokemon.txt file but then I need to understand how to add info to this pokedex without fighting trees.

I found the pbSetSeen/Owned functions but they never work...

How can I use them in an event to add the seen/owned data to the new dex?
I tried them with existing pokes like pbSetSeen(RAICHU) but they say unitialized constant...

Many thanks in advance!
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
51 posts
65 Days
Hey, it works perfectly thanks! I managed to do it as well by using the number
$Trainer.seen[900]=true
which might be easier :)

I'm now facing a new problem. I created a new pokedex both in debug (edit regional dexes) and in the setting script. I added a new region map, footprints for my trees (pictures of leaves) a cry and everything i could think of.

However each time i click on a tree in the dex I have this error:

Do you have any idea where it comes from?
Also why is it necessary to create a new game to make new dexes work?

Sorry I have so many questions :D

Edit: I tried a lot of different things and it looks like the method of adding a pokemon as owned (for seen it works) is creating a bug with checking its data in the pokedex. When the pokemon is given to the player afterward the pokedex appears perfectly

Edit2: indeed when I use pbAddPokemonSilent(:TREE,20) and directly after pbRemovePokemonAt(index). The pokedex works. Though i don't know how to look for a pokemon in the computer and delete it so it won"t work later in the game... Any ideas?

Edit3: last idea I had:
Still has the problem of interfering with other daycare pokes, I think I'll try to copy the daycare script and change the names of the copy so I can have the same system but for other purposes like this one
Advertiser Content