• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

March Maaaadness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
I...don't read comic books, nor have I ever. x: I don't read as much as I used to, aside from school-related stuff.

Totally irrelevant, but my classes were quite weird today. One guy kept randomly throwing drug references into everything, which, funny as it was, was not appreciated by the teacher. It was his hand motions that made it specifically funny, though.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I only read manga, not comics, although they are the same, but I don't really like Western comics. (i hope you know what I mean)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
There's too much to learn about comics for me to want to read them. I feel like I would have to know way too many things to be up-to-date enough to even say that I read comics, and that just discourages me before I start, haha.

Years
There's too much to learn about comics for me to want to read them. I feel like I would have to know way too many things to be up-to-date enough to even say that I read comics, and that just discourages me before I start, haha.
Oh goodness, I understand this. It's why I only really like to read things that are finished, relatively short, and self-contained. Like Watchmen. You can get all of it in one book and you don't have to know anything about anything else to enjoy it.

Honest

Hi!
Years
I enjoyed reading the Kick-Ass comic, that was a good one. Really gory, too. Never did get around to seeing the movie though.

Wouldn't it be cool to be a vigilante though?

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023

That's why a lot of different lines are basically rebooting. Back in 2011, DC Comics launched their "New 52" plan, which is essentially taking all their comics and restarting them again from #1. (even long ones like Superman and Batman where each had over 400 issues) That whole initiative was made specifically with potential readers like you in mind. A few of the big ones like Superman and Batman start in media res, but for the most part, a lot of the titles are giving origin stories and letting readers have a very solid jumping on point. In addition to that, the new "world" is one where superheroes have only been around for like, eight years, so there isn't a ton of stuff you need to know about.

I wasn't a comic reader before then exactly for that reason. Felt like you had to know 50+ years of history to really understanding anything. Though I've gone back and started reading older stuff since then. A lot of the big story arcs are done in a way where they should be relatively accessible to anyone trying to jump in.

Years
Another of jumping into comics is to watch some of the animates series based on them. There a quite a few free on Netflix. It's not the same, of course, but it lets you get to know the basics like who some of the characters are. The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes is actually really well written.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
Same! And a friend gave me a copy of Gantz and a copy of MPD Psycho manga to read. Need to get on that!

Unrelated: :c.. I hate when it's too cold and my nutella is hard and not spreadable! Waahh! :ccc

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I still need to start reading the Deadpool comics myself as soon as I get some free time from work, also there's Wormwood - The Gentleman's Corpse and Scud The Disposable Assassin even though finding those online can be a pain sometimes.

@Kura: I know that feel bro, same thing happened to my clam chowder last night.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Comparing clam chowder and nutella? Interesting.

Xulek, you have no idea how excited it made me to see your avatar.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I know I might be a bit late, but, on the topic of comics, I'm still over the top because I just found book #2 from the longest-running Spanish series, Mortadelo y Filemón, started in 1958. I have almost all their 194 books and that was the only one I was missing from the first 160. I'm so hyper right now.

Honest

Hi!
Years
Congrats Went! Damn, that sounds like one hell of a collection.

As for the Nutella topic, I went to the supermarket the other day, and apparently Jiff, that peanut butter company, made a chocolate hazelnut version. Copycats. =/

My mother just brought some Nutella home, too... think I'm gonna go make myself a sammich

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
Years
When I went to Italy a long while back they had GIANT nutella jars at some gas stations (autogrills.)

Oh how I miss autogrills.. fresh sandwiches and coffee.. the best ingredients.. tasted so delicious!

94575660894273138_xQiRXazC_b.jpg

124619_700b.jpg

Yuumm

Honest

Hi!
Years
When I went to Italy a long while back they had GIANT nutella jars at some gas stations (autogrills.)

Oh how I miss autogrills.. fresh sandwiches and coffee.. the best ingredients.. tasted so delicious!

94575660894273138_xQiRXazC_b.jpg

124619_700b.jpg

Yuumm

Holy mother of god, Italy, here I come. I need that. Like actually, I stock up on jars. A huge jar like that would be super kawaii.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm eating a Nutella sandwich now. Yum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back