• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How would you want to go? Peacefully in sleep or in a blaze of glory?

Which one?

• Total voters

A Pixy

Cruel?
Years
I asked this in school and I'd like to get your opinions.

Would you rather die peacefully in dreamland or give your life for what you believe in?

As for me, I want to die peacefully. I know going out in a blaze of glory would make you remember as a hero, but that wouldn't matter to you. You're dead. If you go peacefully, than it's like a painless injection. You won't even notice it. It will be your logical time to die. IMO.

So how would you want to die? (If you could choose anyway.)

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
In a blaze of glory, fighting the wrongs of the world as they inevitably overpower efforts to counter-act them.

Druid

she's not anyone...
Years
Blaze of glory! I want to see the bullet that kills me (whether figuratively or literally) so that I can die feeling like I tried to live, or helping other people live. Going in sleep would be nice, but having the chance to see the world one last time before I died, especially if I knew of my coming demise would be much better.

Imma Be

Banned
Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2010
I am a very peaceful person so I would want to go peacefully

ReyRey-Pyon

THREAD KILLER
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Feb 6, 2015
probably peacefully. I'd rather have peacefull painless death
maybe see the ones i loved one last time ;_;

i don't need an extravagant death.
would I even have the guts to even risk my life for something i believe in though? i don't know

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Peacefully for me. I'd imagine it's something like when you're injected to be put to sleep for operations (only happened once, but because I don't recall dreaming much, it was instant and a painless process for me.) And if dying in your sleep is anything like that...then I choose that.

Dying to save others would be a nice thought, but your death would be painful anyway. Compared to dying in your sleep, I would know that I'm loved / that I love people already, so saying a final goodbye wouldn't be so important, unless people knew I was going to die in my sleep, in which I would. Idk, it's hard to explain... I'd just rather choose this option, as it'd be a better transition to the afterlife.

Lunyka

Pokemon Breeder
Years
I want to implode in the middle of a big city.

It sounds very messy but I wouldn't mind being famous if I was famous for the way I die/after being dead.

Esmas

General
Years
I'd just want to die with a smile on my face. Happy...

Buuuuut if I had to choose one of your options, BLAZE OF GLORY FTW! :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I'd like to go peacefully, like dying in my sleep or something like that. It's the best way to go.

dithyrambos

PHANTOM girl
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Apr 8, 2012
I want to implode in the middle of a big city.

It sounds very messy but I wouldn't mind being famous if I was famous for the way I die/after being dead.

Ahaha. Wouldn't that be terrific, though?

As for me...Well, I'm not clear on something. Does dying for a cause have to be painful? The two seem connected, but not necessarily all the time. I mean, I can live a particularly passive life and then die in a fire. But if I'm president and am assassinated via a shot to the head, then... well, I think I'd go out rather quickly, if not instantly, and still have lived a life trying to make a change according to my beliefs.

So, I want to die fighting for what I believe in, not to be recognized as a hero but in an attempt to better the world for others, eh? And maybe inspire others to do the same after I'm gone. But I'd also like to die relatively painlessly. I'm a "behind the scenes" kind of person anyway, so I imagine this is how I'd go...​

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
I would like to die whilst working to bring world peace. Like I could be working on a special kind of machine that makes world peace but then the machine blows up for some reason. Everyone would be really sad.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
Peacefully. I want to die when I get very older and I don't think I'll need all that emotion.

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
Years
Peacefully in my sleep would be the ideal situation for me...however, I would never get to say goodbye to my loved ones. My Grandpa died in his sleep a year ago today, oddly enough, and it feels...well, unresolved, because I didn't say goodbye the last time I saw him because I assumed I would see him again. As weird as it sounds, terminal illness would be the best option for me...because at least then I know when I can say goodbye. :|

I am loving Jolene's answer. XD

§acred†Beo!

F.A.T.E.
Years
  • Age 34
  • PA
  • Seen Aug 19, 2020
Blaze of glory! I want to know that even though I died I fought standing up for something that I believed in.

Alkaide

••» I hate my homework!
Years
Blaze of glory, not just for me being memorable, but, as we all know that we will die, let's do a good deed, what is there in dying peacefully.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Dec 4, 2011
I don't care for glory, so probably peacefully in my sleep. However, very few people actually go like that, so it's unrealistic to expect. It might be more realistic to expect dying reasonably quietly... uneventful death rather than a painless/non-dramatic one.

Problem is, there's been a few times where I've been ill and wondered if I was going to perish because I felt so bad and was so dehydrated, etc. And each time, I didn't want any family around - I wanted to crawl into a little hole alone and die and hated having someone even in the same room unless they were acting like nothing was wrong, then I didn't mind. It made me wonder, would I really want to be alone when the time comes. For some reason, I can't imagine wanting any family or friends around me, or at least no fuss made.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
I want to die peacefully, painlessly, and after I have children, please :P

I'd be to lazy to fight just to rub my opinions against someone anyways. So for the blaze of glory is an impossibility.

Back