• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

From The PokéCommunity Staff: PokéCommunity Rewind

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2021
« PokéCommunity Rewind «

2016 has been an exciting year for our forums!

While the rest of the world was left scratching their heads at the events of 2016, PokéCommunity has been skyrocketing into orbit with one of the most unique and fun years in our near fifteen year history! From the inception of Daily and Discord to our growing social media presence, as well as our forums both growing and entering new frontiers, we here at the PokéCommunity are excited for what's to come in the new year.

Some of the great achievements and events we had during the year included...

The launch of PokéCommunity Daily in February, which quickly became a hit among members and outside viewers! Not only did we achieve 500,000 views at the start of November, but exactly one month later we hit 1 million views thanks to our in-depth and extensive coverage of Pokémon Sun & Moon! Speaking of Sun & Moon, be sure to stop by our forum for the brand new games and get your Alola on!

We also launched our very own Discord server, which has become a popular spot for many of our members! Not only does the server boast over 1,000 active members, but it's growing every day and keeping you ever-connected to your fellow members and friends!

Our Facebook page had its own success this year, earning us an actual viral sensation thanks to a zany Pikachu ketchup video! Not only did this post reach over 120,000 people, but it was shared over 1,000 times, liked more than 500 times, has over 200 comments, and 55,000 views!

As if that wasn't enough, our YouTube channel celebrated its one year anniversary! Not only did our subscribers grow, but our coverage of the top stories in Pokémon gaming also hit new highs for our channel. Our launch coverage of Pokémon GO boasted 50,000+ views, our highest view count yet.

Speaking of GO, we opened our Pokémon GO forum, which continues to be the go-to place for discussion on the mobile sensation - as well as bragging about that Magikarp you recently found near your house.

We were also able to see the fruits of YOUR labor in the success of our first Forum Frontier, The Mall!

Our old Computers & Technology area saw a facelift by the way of The Lab, bringing tech talk, science, and futurology together in a great blend to get your mind going!

We held our annual Get-Together this year celebrating the 20th anniversary of Pokémon alongside the global series! It was another fun year of Get-Together games and events that brings our community even closer together.

The Community ROM Hack has gotten off to a roaring start as well, so if you've ever been interested in getting involved, now's your perfect opportunity with a hack made for you by you!​

What's next for PC in 2017?

Not only is Daily continuing to be and see success, it's on track to having 1 million unique visitors on January 1, 2017! The potential is limitless for Daily and we're thrilled to see it continue progressing and growing as its second year gets underway.

We've also got big news coming for the long-awaited, much-anticipated, always-soon UI Update, which is inching its way ever closer to release! The new UI is currently in beta testing, so after many years of waiting, it may be arriving before you know it! Not only that, but in the first few weeks of the year, you can expect to see big and exciting changes coming to the forum's layout in preparation for both the UI Update and our continued effort to make PokéCommunity more accessible and user-friendly!

We're also creeping our way closer to 10 million posts total on the forum! It may be a long shot, but could we potentially hit the big one-zero in 2017?!

In perhaps the biggest news of all, the PokéCommunity will be celebrating its 15th Anniversary!

We're thrilled to have been around for so many years and more excited than ever about what's in store for PC's future. We can't wait to see what comes next and we hope you'll continue to grow alongside our forum.

Tell us what your favorite memory on PC was in 2016 and what you're looking forward to most in the coming year!

Happy New Year to all our wonderful members and contributors!

Last edited by a moderator:

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
So many great successes this year! 2016 wasn't all bad in the end. :) Happy new year everyone!

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
So many great achievements this year, and I'm glad to be apart of it. Here's to even more successful endeavors in 2017!

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Nov 20, 2017
I haven't been on these forums in months, haha, so much has changed. nobody even knows me, lel
What does that "new" (No idea how old it actually is) furret beside the "like this post" mean? Something about promoting posts?

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I haven't been on these forums in months, haha, so much has changed. nobody even knows me, lel
What does that "new" (No idea how old it actually is) furret beside the "like this post" mean? Something about promoting posts?

yes, the little Furret with the next to the like button will redirect you to the Promotion Panel where you can send a request that the post be shared via Daily article, Facebook or Twitter posts. Helps get more publicity.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
this has been a big year for PC, wow. I didn't realize all the stuff we'd done.

happy new year everyone! hopefully 2017 will be just as awesome ^___^

Years
2016 turned out to be a not-so-bad year from the PC aspect of things. Looking forward to all the events and anniversaries we'll be celebrating in the year ahead.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I hope PokéCommunity will do much better now that 2017's approaching, and I hope the 15th anniversary would be a great one, too!

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hard to believe that all that happened in 2016, certainly seems like a lot more looking back on it! Happy 2017 everyone!

Back