• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Combined Pokemon Solo Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Folkedahl

Wizard
Years
Got to Level 58, Evolved to Dragonite, moveset currently of Dragonbreath, Return, Wing Attack, and Ice punch. I'm very very very reluctant to challenge the elite four yet, because I'm pretty sure I'm destined to lose. Is there any way at all to get into Kanto before challenging the Elite 4?

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Got to Level 58, Evolved to Dragonite, moveset currently of Dragonbreath, Return, Wing Attack, and Ice punch. I'm very very very reluctant to challenge the elite four yet, because I'm pretty sure I'm destined to lose. Is there any way at all to get into Kanto before challenging the Elite 4?
Nope, gotta beat the Elite Four. I think you'll be fine, just use items if you have to.

Years
Nope, gotta beat the Elite Four. I think you'll be fine, just use items if you have to.

JD is right, 58 is plenty high to take on the Johto elite four, and since you have Ice Punch dragonbreath isn't really needed. Perhaps Thunderpunch in place of Dragonbreath/Return if you're really too worried, but I'm thinking you'll be fine.

Folkedahl

Wizard
Years
Lol, elite 4 was a complete joke, wiped them all out, only Fortress and Slowbro weren't OHKO, and I didn't use any of the 53 Full Restores that I spent all my money on. 6x now, I think I'm into the later levels, completely smeared Lt. Surge. I'm getting confused about where's where in Kanto though. Every npc is telling me this and that and gah.

blue

gucci
Years
Putting my challenge on hold for a while, currently in the middle of a UMC and I don't want challenges to start getting confusing.

Folkedahl

Wizard
Years
As of yesterday, I have officially defeated Red with my level 77 Dragonite. Bow chica wow-wow. Now time to start exp-share leeching some of my other suckfest pokemon.

tachikaze316

Master of Procrastination
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 16, 2015
With Valentine's Day approaching, I think I'm gonna give a Luvdisc solo of FireRed a shot.

Years
  • Seen Feb 12, 2011
Oh , this looks fun :D

I'm going to use Absol for my runs, if that's okay.

I'm going to do Fire Red -> Soul Silver -> Emerald -> Platinum

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
So, I've decided to do another solo run, on Emerald this time, because I miss Hoenn. ):

Name/Trainer: Zhinc
Pokemon: Torchic and its evolutions
Game: Emerald

Edit: After almost two hours of gameplay, I'm on the beach just south of Slateport with two badges and a lovely Combusken. (:

256.png

Level 22, Sassy-natured
Scratch, Peck, Double Kick, Ember
64/48/35/43/41/31

Last edited:

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
Alright, so remember how I said that I wanted to continue from my already completed Yellow solo challenge and turn it into an Ultimate? I will now start doing that. I plan on beginning very soon, probably tomorrow. :P

Magmorter

Suffering from Pokerus...
Years
gamercard.png

Ok so I haven't updated yet but I've done heaps! Me and my Gengar are nearly at the elite 4, sorry I haven't kept track of whta I've done, but I've played Ruby so many times I can speed through it. Anyways, here's my team:

Gengar: Lvl 67
gengar1.png

Moves: Brick Break, Shadow Puch, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis

Stats: HP - 186, Attack - 122, Defense - 115, Sp. Atck - 219, Sp. Df - 130, Speed - 176

The my HM/TM Slaves:

tropius.png

Moves: Strength, Fly, Flash, Sweet Scent

zigagoon.png

Moves: Cut, Rock Smash, Secret Power, Surf

mudkip.png

Moves: Waterfall, Surf, Dive, Dig

I will notify when I beat elite 4 :)

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
2nd generation portion of challenge complete. Will move on to Hoenn soon.

Alright, so beginning the Johto portion of my ultimate solo challenge with Arctic the Dewgong.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Zhinc

a Dark-type trainer
Years
So, I went off to beat up Team Aqua at the Museum in Slateport, where I finally met their leader. Crazy idiot. I start heading north and happen upon a little house with a strange man inside. I complete his puzzle and get some little token for it. Since I don't have a bike, I take the winding low-rode north to Mauville. I met Bredan on the way and we battled, but it was easy. In Mauville, I run into this Wally kid who I helped catch a Pokemon earlier. I then proceed to thrash him into itty-bitty pieces. After exploring the surrounding areas, I take on the Mauville gym and win easily. A couple more lose ends (and an evolved Pokemon later), I make my way to Fallabour Town. Met some girl at the Pokemon Centre who apparently made the Pokemon storage system where most of the Pokemon I caught early on are. Cool. I'm now on the road to this place called Meteor Falls; hopefully, there's a way to the next gym somewhere near there...

myrrhman

Challenge God
Years
Hey guys, guess what!??! SUPER GIANT UPDATE FOR ALL OF YOU! Everything is updated, I added a couple of notes, took out all the old people who haven't updated in like 2 months, and put in all the new people. Congrats to everyone who completed the challenge!

Ataraxia

Wanderer
Years
I think I may be one of the people who haven't updated in around 2 months but just in case, I'm putting this challenge on hold again, mostly due to lack of motivation but I got my options choices 'n' stuff coming up soon...
Real world sucks... xD

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
Years
I've just gotten the Cut HM, and I've backed up my save to start another solo run, this time with Carvanha (Kibania). I'm NOT looking forward to the grass gym. :|

wingman11

Solo Runner
Years
I'm back! Out of boredom, I'm going to sign up for another Pokémon Black version solo run. And the Pokémon I'm going to use will be the awesome Scolipede line. (I.E. Venipede/Futsude - Whirlipede/Hoiiga - Scolipede/Pendoraa) The reason: I've been finding myself being attracted to Bug types recently, especially the ones in the fifth generation. The main ones being Scolipede, Galvantula, Escavalier, Accelgor, and Durant. Outside of gen V, I really like Scyther, Pinser, Heracross, and Armaldo. I'm considering doing an Ultimate with one of them, but later.

Anyway, on to the challenge at hand.

-Started the game and went through the boring intro stuff
-Caught a Venipede and nicknamed it Venom (Yeah, I know what you're thinking. "Real creative, there." Well, you try nicknaming it a creative name with only five characters. No, seriously, try. New nicks are welcome.)
-Trained her (yes, her) up to level 13 and took on N
-Beat N with Rollout
-Got the Running Shoes
-FINALLY FIXED NO$GBA'S CONSTANT CRASHES WOO
-Trained to level 17 (? Can't quite recall)
-Beat Belle with no problems (Rollout worked wonders through every other battle, too)
-Entered Sanyouu City and went to the Trainer School
-Beat Cheren (again, Rollout)
-Entered the Gym
-Battle with Dento (Chose Oshawott for Surf purposes later)
-Rollout blasted through both Lillipup and Pansage (only took one hit for Pansage, even with the resistance)
-Got the Trio Badge
-Went to the Dream Ruins
-Saved Munna
-Grinded endlessly to level 22, when Venom evolved into a Whirlipede
-Got the C-Gear
-Heading towards the next Gym now

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Update for USC #2.

Okay, so I finally picked up my ultimate solo #2 with Palin the Girafarig, on Emerald.

Name: Gerry
Rival: May (blah)
Starter: Treeko

Hacked in Girafarig on Rt. 103, and we were off!

Screens:
Spoiler:

Right now I am going to Fallarbor town.

Fallarbor Town/Meteor Falls/Mt. Chimney is next.

Team Gerry:
Spr_3e_203.gif

Palin the Sassy Girafarig, ♂ - L36
Ability: Early Bird
Moves: Confusion, Shock Wave, Stomp, Agility

HM Slaves:
Spr_3e_253.gif
Grovyle (Cut, Flash, Rock Smash)

Spr_3e_263.gif
Zigzagoon (Pickup)

Status
Not open for further replies.