• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Creating a Pokemon League

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
I'm loving how active this Round is already! Sorry I missed so much; I was at school =P. I will try and answer/comment on everything done!

Zeta Dimentio:
Are you stuck with one type in this? Or can you use more then one?

You can do a maximum of two types, though you can have some random others in there as well. For example, someone posted and Earth gym (Rock/Ground), but they threw in a couple Earth-Like Steels. There really aren't defined limits, but just don't go insane =P.

Night Walker: I like your persistence with the gym =). It's great, and I like the touch of the custom sprites. Everything is well done in it: Formatting, Extra Touches, its great, but I have one suggestion: evolve the Round 1 Sneasel into a Weavile, as it gets some huge gains on evolving, but besides that critique, I don't have much more to say. Great job!

Fire Wolf: I love the gym! The legendary that you used in Round 2 is fine; I encourage you to use any pokemon that is in the OU tier or below (with the exception of Celebi & Jirachi). The level and evolution progression is great in your gym, and I really like how you progressed into the Round 2 Gym. The "critique" I have is that your gym trainers don't need movesets, but that just shows me how interested you are in the concept; going the extra step =).

Phantom Renegade:
Yay! Second time really is the charm! :D I'll probably continue pulling gyms out of nowhere, but this really boosts my motivation!
Haha I'm glad you feel encouraged, I would love to see more gyms from you =).

Charmageddon:
I'm gonna skip this round... I've got ideas for the 4th, 5th, 7th and either the 8th gym or E4, I haven't decided. So I'm just gonna start work on my gym 4 now.

I understand. I can't wait to see even more developed work after this round, good luck!

Killer95: I have some good news and some bad news. Let's start with the bad news: that is not going to be the round three gym. However I really like the concept of a Beauty Trainer, so Briana is going to be the contest rival to the protaganist, so when you go into Pokemon Contests, you fight her. This means she won't need any trainers, but she will need 4 rounds. The rival level range I would like to see is:

Battle 1: 20-26
Battle 2: 34-39
Battle 3: 49-53
Battle 4: 68-73

If you aren't interested in that, just say so, but if you are, edit your existing post to be a rival. Usually I would take care of rivals after the Elite 4 is done, but I hadn't even considered a contest rival until now, so if you are interested, Briana will be one of the 4 Rivals.

This is a note for everyone else: JUST BECAUSE I SAW THIS GYM AS A RIVAL DOES NOT MEAN I WANT TO SEE ANY MORE RIVAL BATTLES AHEAD OF TIME.
===========
Haha, lots of posts to respond to, I hope to have a great round!

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
The Secosite Gym
Gym Type: Psychic
Gym #3​

Gym Sign:
The Secosite Gym, Leader Vespera, The Magician Awaits!
Gym Nerd Speech: Welcome to the Secosite Gym (name). The leader here is tough, she's a master of illusion. Leave any fighting type pokemon behind!

Puzzle: Its a room full of mirrors, with revolving doors. The rooms all look the same, except for a few differences, like colored floor tiles. The trainers are invisible until you walk past them.

Gym Trainers​

Trainer 1
Clown Ryo

Opening Speech:
It's no joke, the Gym Leader is a master magician!

Team

433.png

Level-29
-Astonish
-Confusion
-Psychic
-Knock Off

281.png

Level-29
-Psychic
-Calm Mind
-Magical Leaf
-Encore

124.png

Level-30
-Lovely Kiss
-Powder Snow
-Double-Slap
-Psychic

Closing Speech:
Ooh, joke's on me this time!

Trainer 2 and 3 DOUBLE BATTLE
Old Couple Bree and Rory

Opening Speech:

Bree: Me and my husband have been around for a while, you can't get past us!
Rory: Pfft, kids these days, no respect for their elders, I'll teach you a lesson!

Team

Bree:
307.png

Level-30
-Force Palm
-Detect
-Hidden Power
-Psychic

80.png

Level-32
-Confusion
-Water Pulse
-Headbutt
-Zen Headbutt

Rory:
343.png

Level-30
-Power Trick
-Ancient Power
-Self Destruct
-Psybeam

358.png

Level-32
-Yawn
-Psywave
-Double-Edge
-Knock Off

Closing Speech:

Bree: Oooh, beaten in front of my husband, how humiliating!
Rory: Looks like you taught me a thing or two!

Trainer #4
Hex Maniac Catrina

Opening Speech:
I'm an apprentice magician, I've trained with Vespera!

Team:

437.png

Level-31
-Extrasensory
-Iron Defense
-Psychic
-Confuse Ray

326.png

Level-31
-Zen Headbutt
-Future Sight
-Psychic
-Swift

Closing Speech:
All that trainging for nothing, too bad!!

Gym Leader Vespera​

Opening Speech: Looks like you've made it to me, but be prepared for a nasty suprise! A magician never reveals her tricks, and I've got many up my sleeve, get ready for the show of a lifetime!

Team

375.png

Level-33 (Should be holding an item like a Choice Scarf or Band for Trick)
-Bullet Punch
-Scary Face
-Trick
-Psychic

475.png

Level-34
-Swords Dance
-Psycho Cut
-Magic Coat
-Low Kick

65.png

Level-34
-Recover
-Psychic
-Trick
-Signal Beam

481.png

Level-35
-Future Sight
-Charm
-Psychic
-Swift

Closing Speech:
My illusions, seen straight through!!

Final Words:
That was a battle I'll never forget, I suppose you deserve this badge.(Receive the Illusion Badge). I always have a finishing trick, see, I'll make a TM appear from nowhere! (Obtain TM 29-Psychic)

TM-29:
Psychic
Badge: Illusion Badge

ROUND 2

Secosite Gym
Gym Type: Psychic
Gym #3

Gym Leader Vespera
Opening Speech: Welcome back to the stage, I've been practicing, so prepare to get lost in my newest illusion!

Team
376.png

Level-73
-Trick
-Agility
-Meteor Mash
-Zen Headbutt

196.png

Level-75
-Psychic
-Morning Sun
-Grass Knot
-Fake Tears

475.png

Level-76
-Close Combat
-Hypnosis
-Fire Punch
-Psycho Cut

65.png

Level-76
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Future Sight
-Focus Blast

481.png

Level-77 (Should be holding a berry)
-Psychic
-Natural Gift
-Thunder Wave
-Energy Ball

Closing Speech:
Nooo, Master Magician Vespera is defeated once more!

Final Words:
Farewell (name), great trainer and master of the stage, I'm off to train once more! *disappears in puff of smoke*

Last edited:

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
Hey, guess who's back with another go at a gym submission? :)

Gym 3
Type: Grass
NatureBadge

Gym Description:
Cedawood Town Pokemon Gym
Leader: Costa
"The nature-loving battle expert!"

Gym Tips:
"How's it going, (name)? Costa is a lover of Grass-types and anything that has to do with nature, so you should roll over him with Fire Types! Good Luck!

Puzzle Description:

The player must wind through a series of thick trees that cannot be cut and tall grass with Gym Trainers hiding in it to reach the Gym Leader.

Round 1

Gym Trainers:

Trainer 1
Camper Andruw(Grass)

Opening Speech: The forces of nature are all-powerful! THeres no way you can stop them!

Pokemon:

dpmfa331.png

Cacmea
Sand Veil
Level 25

Leech Seed
Pin Missle
Growth
Absorb

dpmfa315.png

Roselia
Poison Point
Level 25

Giga Drain
Stun Spore
Leech Seed
Magical Leaf

dpmfa459.png

Snover
Snow Warning
Level 25

Swagger
Razor Leaf
Icy Wind
Seed Bomb

Defeat Dialogue: Mother Nature has failed me?!

Closing Speech: I guess I just need to become one with nature better...

Trainer 2

Picnicker Ivy(Grass)

Opening Speech:I've been using Grass Pokemon all of my life! There's no way I'm going down!

Pokemon:

dpmfa271.png

Lombre
Swift Swim
Level 27

Absorb
Fake Out
Nature Power
Bubblebeam

dpmfa455.png

Carnivine
Levitate
Level 27

Sweet Scent
Ingrain
Vine Whip
Faint Attack

Defeat Dialogue: How did I lose?!

Closing Speech: You may have beaten me, but Costa will get you!!

Trainer 3
Aroma Lady Celina (Grass)

Opening Speech:The trees and flowers in this gym are just gorgeous, aren't they?

Pokemon:

dpmfa253.png

Grovyle
Overgrow
Level 29

Leaf Blade
Quick Attack
Screech
Fury Cutter

dpmfa002.png

Ivysaur
Overgrow
Level 30

Razor Leaf
Sleep Powder
Poison Powder
Take Down

Defeat Dialogue: I got too caught up in the aromas to focus!

Closing Speech: The refreshing aromas soothe the anger from my loss.

Gym Leader

Leader Costa (Grass)

Opening Speech: Hello! I am a lover of anything that comes from nature. As such, I spend lots of time having fun with several of the Pokemon that live in great natural places, such as the forest. Because of this, I have developed a strong bond with Grass Pokemon- one that isn't about to break!

Pokemon:

dpmfa044.png

Gloom
Chlorophyll
Level 31

Energy Ball
Acid
Sleep Powder
Stun Spore

dpmfa465.png

Tangrowth
Leaf Guard
Level 33

Energy Ball
Bind
AncientPower
Vine Whip

dpmfa470.png

Leafeon
Leaf Guard
Level 32

Razor Leaf
Synthesis
Quick Attack
Energy Ball

(Info for this Pokemon at
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1105376#post1105376

frontnormal-mpyroak.png

Pyroak @ Sitrus Berry
Rock Head
Level 34

Energy Ball
Leech Seed
Flare Blitz
Wood Hammer

Defeat Dialogue: Wow, you're an a amazing battler!

Closing Speech: I can see why you won. The bond between you and your Pokemon is much stronger than the bond of any other Trainer I have seen. To commemorate this bond, please accept this NatureBadge! (Name obtained NatureBadge!) Also, please take this TM as well. (Obtained the TM53 Energy Ball!) Energy Ball is an effective move that may lower the enemy's Special Defense- a perfect show of how nature works!

Round 2- Rematch

Gym Leader

Leader Costa (Grass)

Opening Speech: Hey (name), its nice to see you back! I was hoping that you might be up for a battle against the forces of nature once more! Are you ready?

Pokemon:

dpmfa389.png

Torterra
Overgrow
Level 73

Earthquake
Crunch
Energy Ball
Leaf Storm

dpmfa045.png

Vileplume
Chlorophyll
Level 74

Energy Ball
Sludge Bomb
Sleep Powder
Petal Dance

dpmfa465.png

Tangrowth
Leaf Guard
Level 75

Power Whip
Earthquake
Energy Ball
AncientPower

dpmfa470.png

Leafeon
Leaf Guard
Level 76

Energy Ball
Leaf Blade
Quick Attack
Last Resort

frontnormal-mpyroak.png

Pyroak @ Sitrus Berry
Rock Head
Level 77

Flare Blitz
Wood Hammer
Energy Ball
Brick Break

Defeat Dialogue: I lost again! You really are a natural!

Closing Speech: That battle was truly wonderful, even though I didn't manage to squeeze out a win. I've a learned a lot from you, (user). I hope that we can continue to meet and battle like this!

Last edited:

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
Years
Maci12, I thought that gym trainer movesets are required, so I took 2 of the 3 hours in deciding the movesets.

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Haha, they aren't =P Like I said earlier, my Rom Editor doesn't allow me to put in movesets for the Pokemon Trainers, so that isn't required.

Okay, we had 5 gyms posted on the first day that is more than all of round 2!

I have to go now, but a full list of comments and criticisms will be posted around 3:30 EST (7:30 Forum Time).

Remember, the gyms are due at 12:00 a.m. EST, so keep them coming!

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
Years
My Gym: Elite 4 champ

Leader: Laura

Attire: She wears a pink bikini. Has Long Blonde hair.

Type: Water

Before Battle: You have finally made it to me congratulations, but it ends right here, i might look more like a model than a battler but dont let looks fool you, i am the Elite 4 Champion and i am here to win so LETS FIGHT.

Pokemon

Gyarados lvl 63
Hyper Beam
Hydro Pump
Dragon Dance
Twister

Milotic lvl 63
Safeguard
Aqua Ring
Recover
Hydro Pump

Tentacruel lvl 65
Poison Jab
Hydro Pump
Screech
Wring Out

Kingdra lvl 66
Dragon Dance
Dragon Pulse
Twister
Hydro Pump
Paras, Parasect
Chikorita, Bayleef, Meganium

272.png

Ludicolo lvl 66
Giga Drain
Nature Power
Solar Beam
Surf

Wailord lvl 69
Rest
Bounce
Hydro Pump
Dive

After Battle: I see you have beaten me, wait this cant be true im the best, *sighs* i lost fair and square so you are now champion so follow me

*Walks in door behind Champion*

Here is where you record your pokemon into the hall of fame so when your ready place your poke balls in the slots and then i can record them into the hall of fame.

Enjoy...

got any questions about it just let me know so i can make the champ more better.

Darkfox1525

God in the arts of Darkness
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 21, 2011
@ poison Pokemon Rules: I think its alittle to early to be doing the Elite Four or the Camp. How about this, you hold on to your idea and wait untill we are able to make the Elite Camp. oh, and another thing, your idea is good, but there's already a gym with water types pokemon, so i would advise using another type of pokemon. and one more thing, theres two rounds. sorry for putting your idea down, i was just pointing things out. But your idea is very good.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
Years
  • Seen Apr 25, 2016
Also, Maci already has the champ sorted out, we only submit the Elite Four members.

On a slightly related note, I think that the Elite Four should be Grass, Rock, Flying and Electric trainers, as they (along with Normal) are the only types not yet used by the Elite Four.

Darkfox1525

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 21, 2011
i agree, but if that's going the type of pokemon, then we have to figure out the order.

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
A lot of people seem interested in the process of the Elite 4 decisions, so let me clear that up now: I will be adding a poll when the time comes of typings I think are appropriate, and the community will decide based on the poll. Also, @ Poison Pokemon Rule, I'm doing the Champion Battle, it is the only battle I'm making, so...Also, we already have a Water Gym that was chosen for Round 1, so that gym isn't eligible for Gym 3 =(. Sorry!

Now onto the comments I promised!

Eos Dauro: I have nothing to say; it is perfect. Everything is extremely well done, the level and evolution progression is exactly what I wanted for Gym 3, great job.

Skip Shot: I see we have our Round 1 winner back for more. The gym kicks ass, and I love that Pyroak is in the gym, what a cool CAP. Also the typing works excellently with Electric (which I assume you were going for). The only problem I have is that the Round 1 has 5 Pokemon, which I don't want to see until Round 7: Gym 7, and that Round 2 has 6 Pokemon, which is illegal for Round 2 Gym Leaders. Other than that, it's perfect!
====================
You have 8 hours until this round closes.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
Years
Read your post, my Round 2 has 6 as well, I'm going to take one out to stay with the pattern!

HallwayKid

The Illogical Scientist
Years
Gym 3
Type: Dark
Tenabray Badge

Gym Description:
Caliginous Town Pokemon Gym
Leader: Tyron
"The master of the shadows awaits."

Gym Tips:

"Hello there, (name). Tyron is a guy who goes all out with Dark Types. It might be wise to have a Fighting Type in your team to make things easier. Good Luck!"

Puzzle Description:

When you enter the gym there is complete darkness. You have to search around for buttons that make the gym light up a little bit more. Each button is guarded by a trainer.

Round 1

Gym Trainers:

Trainer 1
Camper Josh

Opening Speech: "I love camping out in the darkness! Let's battle for some fun."

Pokemon:

drapion.png

Drapion
Battle Armour
Level 25

Bite
Acupressure
Ice Fang
Knock Off

shiftry-m.png

Shiftry
Early Bird
Level 25

Fake Out
Razor Leaf
Faint Attack
Harden

435.png

Skuntank
Aftermath
Level 25

Night Slash
Toxic
Screech
Slash

Defeat Dialogue: "That was a fun battle!"

Closing Speech: "Your strong! Good luck with battling Tyron!"

Trainer 2
Lass Tiffany

Opening Speech: "I may be scared of the dark, but I will not be beaten!"

Pokemon:

342.png

Crawdaunt
Hyper Cutter
Level 26

Bubblebeam
Knock Off
Vicegrip
Harden

319.png

Sharpedo
Rough Skin
Level 28

Crunch
Ice Fang
Scary Face
Focus Energy

Defeat Dialogue: "Being scared caused me to battle poorly."

Closing Speech: "You'll be scared too, when Tyron gets you."

Trainer 3
Collector George

Opening Speech: "Let me show you the strength of my super rare Pokemon!"

Pokemon:

359-m.png

Absol
Super Luck
Level 31

Bite
Slash
Swords Dance
Double Team

Defeat Dialogue: "I see you have some rare Pokemon too."

Closing Speech: "Tyron has rarer Pokemon than I. He will definitely beat you!"

Gym Leader
Leader Tyron

Opening Speech: "Welcome to this gym. You have done well to make it this far. I will tell you now that you have no chance of beating me, but if you wish to try I'm not going to stop you. It would be my pleasure to crush you in battle. Now go my shadow dwelling Pokemon."

Pokemon:

262.png

Mightyena
Intimidate
Level 32

Dark Pulse
Toxic
Protect
Take Down

332-3.png

Cacturne
Sand Veil
Level 33

Dark Pulse
Leech Seed
Needle Arm
Poison Jab

Umbreon_Sprite_by_mvidmaster.png

Umbreon
Synchronize
Level 33

Dark Pulse
Confuse Ray
Double Team
Shadow Ball

430.png

Honchkrow @ Sitrus Berry
Super Luck
Level 34

Dark Pulse
Drill Peck
Roost
Nasty Plot

Defeat Dialogue: "How did I lose to such a pathetic looking trainer."

Closing Speech: "As much as I hate to say it, you won. I see now that you have trained your Pokemon to be stronger than mine. I now must present to you the Tenabray Badge." (Name obtained Tenabray Badge.) "Because you have proven to be strong, take this too." (Obtained TM79 Dark Pulse) "This move is a devastating powerful Dark Attack. Whats more, it also has a chance of flinching the opponent."

Round 2- Rematch

Gym Leader
Leader Tyron

Opening Speech: "Hello again. I'm glad that I finally get a rematch. I have become much stronger, so be prepared. To Battle!"

Pokemon:

359-m.png

Absol @ Focus Band
Super Luck
Level 75

Night Slash
Psycho Cut
Swords Dance
X-Scissor

Umbreon_Sprite_by_mvidmaster.png

Umbreon
@ Sitrus Berry
Synchronize
Level 74

Dark Pulse
Confuse Ray
Double Team
Psychic

461-m.png

Weavile @ Focus Sash
Pressure
Level 76

Night Slash
Aerial Ace
Ice Punch
Poison Jab

430.png

Honchkrow @ Razor Claw
Super Luck
Level 76

Dark Pulse
Drill Peck
Roost
Night Slash

248.png

Tyranitar @ Expert Belt
Sand Stream
Level 77

Crunch
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Dragon Claw

Defeat Dialogue: "I lost again! You are a worthy trainer."

Closing Speech: "I guess you are just one of the few trainers who are stronger than me. I will accept defeat. I hope that I can get another rematch sometime."

Last edited:

Maci12

Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Mar 6, 2014
Hallway Kid - Formatting is great, you followed all the rules: great job! There's no issue I see with this gym, as all the progression is correct. I would, however, like to see more challenging Gym Trainers. Maybe evolve Nuzleaf, evole the Carvahna, and maybe change the Murkrow to a Drapion. Just my two cents.

As a side note: Is that a custom Umbreon sprite? Because I like it a lot!

Poison Pokemon Rule

Merry Christmas
Years
Gym Name: Toxic City Gym
Gym Type: Poison
Gym Number: 3

Gym Sign: Toxic City Gym. Leader: Penny, The queen of poison.

Gym Nerd Speech: This gym specializes in Poison types, Grass types dont have much of a chance of winning but try using Ground or Psychic types.

Obstacle: No obstacle just a pool of Poison in the centre of the gym.

Gym Trainers:

Trainer 1: Ninja Boy Liam

Opening Speech: I love poison types so i decided to join this gym.

Team:

Koffing lvl 25 Male
Abilty: Levitate
Poison Gas
Tackle
SmokeScreen
Sludge

Ekans lvl 25 Male
Ability: Intimidate
Poison Sting
Glare
Screech
Acid

Grimer lvl 25 Female
Ability: Stench
Sludge
Mud Bomb
Harden
Minimize

Closing Speech: Even though i lost i still love Poison types.

Trainer 2: Ninja Boy Sam

Opening Speech: One day i will be the gym leader.

Team:

Zubat lvl 25 Male
Ability: Inner Focus
Supersonic
Wing Attack
Air Cutter
Bite

Golbat lvl 25 Male

Supersonic
Wing Attack
Air Cutter
Bite

Crobat lvl 28 Male

Cross Poison
Wing Attack
Confuse Ray
Air Cutter

Closing Speech: I lost, now i have no chance of becomming leader.

Gym Leader: Penny

Opening Speech: Welcome to my gym i see you have beaten by ninjas, im guessing you want to vs me now, very well lets fight.

Team:

Koffing lvl 31 Male
Ability: Levitate
Sludge Bomb
Smog
SmokeScreen
Selfdestruct

Crobat lvl 32 Male
Ability:Inner Focus
Cross Poison
Wing Attack
Air Cutter
Confuse Ray

Seviper lvl 33 Female
Ability: Shed Skin
Lick
Crunch
Poison Tail
Glare

Closing Speech: I lost, i dont know what to say i have never lost before heres the official gym badge.

Final Words: when ever you in the area again come back for a rematch.

TM:36 Sludge Bomb
Badge: Gas Badge(its a ball of gas)
ROUND 2: Rematch

Gym Leader: Penny

Opening Speech: I see you want a rematch, ok but i have gotten a lot stronger since our last battle.

Team:

Muk lvl 75 Male
Ability: Sticky Hold
Gunk Shot
Memento
Acid Armor
Sludge Bomb

Swalot lvl 75 Female
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Gunk Shot
Wring Out
Gastro Acid
Sludge Bomb

Toxicroak lvl 76 Female
Ability: Dry Skin
Flatter
Poison Jab
Sludge Bomb
Sucker Punch

Crobat lvl 76 Male
Cross Poison
Air Slash
Poison Fang
Haze

Weezing lvl 76 Male
Ability: Levitate
Sludge Bomb
Explosion
Destiny Bond
Memento

Seviper lvl 77 Female
Ability: Shed Skin
Wring Out
Poison Fang
Poison Tail
Pison Jab

Closing Speech: You won again, i guess i better train some more.

Final Words: Until i can beat you i am going to train every day and night.

Darkfox1525

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 21, 2011
I wonder why theres no Poison type Legendary Pokemon.......

Skip Shot

I'm back. I think.
Years
The gym kicks ass, and I love that Pyroak is in the gym, what a cool CAP. Also the typing works excellently with Electric (which I assume you were going for). The only problem I have is that the Round 1 has 5 Pokemon, which I don't want to see until Round 7: Gym 7, and that Round 2 has 6 Pokemon, which is illegal for Round 2 Gym Leaders. Other than that, it's perfect!
====================
You have 8 hours until this round closes.

Ok, so I can compensate for that by taking out one Pokemon for each round. I'll delete Victreebel from both teams, since it is redundant to Vileplume and Pyroak and whatnot. Thanks for the input!

To above posts: I've been curious about that too. I think that Generation V should have some type of Poison-type Legendary in it.

Darkfox1525

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 21, 2011
or we can come up with our own and make a Fakemon.

Back