• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Maybe you don't have any speed EVs invested, and/or you have 0 speed IV or something, which in that case that REALLY sucks.

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
Years
PokeStation runs a fake Wi-Fi event site for people who couldn't attend the actual events. The Pokemon they give out are based on the number of votes for the specified event and are replicas of Pokemon given away at the events. It's up to you to decide if this is a hack or not--the site functions similarly to the way official events run (and distribute official-looking Pokemon), but isn't official. However, they make and transmit them the same way the events do, so there's really no difference except who is giving them out.

This is not quite correct. Pokéstation actually distributes the events very differently than the official events. Official events are distributed via Wondercards. Pokéstation (and other programs such as sendpkm and hypergts) function by "tricking" the in-game GTS into believing it has completed a trade. The Pokémon is then sent from the Pokéstation server (or your computer, if you are using sendpkm) in a similar manner to how you would receive a Pokémon from the GTS.

The major difference between these two types of distributions is that Pokémon distributed via wondercard are all "different" in terms of IVs, PID, and such. Pokémon distributed though a server like this are all the same Pokémon (same IV spread, PID, everything).

The part about the events being "replicas" of actual events is only true if the person hosting the site is hacking. The events very well could be Pokémon acquired through legitimately distributed wonder cards, converted into .pkm files, and hosted up on Pokéstation's server.

tl;dr:
1. They both have very different distribution methods.
2. The events may or may not be hacked
3. You'll be getting mass-cloned, mass-distributed Pokémon that have little to no value because everyone has them or can get them easily.

Years
  • Seen Jan 22, 2012
Scarfed Torterra outspeeds Garchomp?

It depends on the Torterra and Garchomp.
A Torterra w/ 31 IVs and 252 EVs in speed with a speed-boosting nature can out-speed a Garchomp w/ 0 IVs/EVs in speed with a speed-hindering nature for example. However, it is very unlikely that someone would have a Garchomp w/ 0 IVs/EVs in speed with a speed-hindering nature.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
It depends on the Torterra and Garchomp.
A Torterra w/ 31 IVs and 252 EVs in speed with a speed-boosting nature can out-speed a Garchomp w/ 0 IVs/EVs in speed with a speed-hindering nature for example. However, it is very unlikely that someone would have a Garchomp w/ 0 IVs/EVs in speed with a speed-hindering nature.

That post was an answer to a question posted on the previous page.
It was silly of me to put a question-mark at the end of it, but it wasn't a question itself.

BDT

On my way to be a MASTER
Years
This is not quite correct. Pokéstation actually distributes the events very differently than the official events. Official events are distributed via Wondercards. Pokéstation (and other programs such as sendpkm and hypergts) function by "tricking" the in-game GTS into believing it has completed a trade. The Pokémon is then sent from the Pokéstation server (or your computer, if you are using sendpkm) in a similar manner to how you would receive a Pokémon from the GTS.

The major difference between these two types of distributions is that Pokémon distributed via wondercard are all "different" in terms of IVs, PID, and such. Pokémon distributed though a server like this are all the same Pokémon (same IV spread, PID, everything).

The part about the events being "replicas" of actual events is only true if the person hosting the site is hacking. The events very well could be Pokémon acquired through legitimately distributed wonder cards, converted into .pkm files, and hosted up on Pokéstation's server.

tl;dr:
1. They both have very different distribution methods.
2. The events may or may not be hacked
3. You'll be getting mass-cloned, mass-distributed Pokémon that have little to no value because everyone has them or can get them easily.

While you said it like that, it seems ok. If it did use this site I will only do it to get the Events to add to my collection. I wont bother trading it, but then if someone else would like my event and as I am kinda trustworthy, I may trade with the person so he/she could clone it for him/her self and then trade back and then trade something I was looking for. I have never used a site like this before so thats why I was cautious of using it and wanted to ask around because there are new events that I would (such as the Movie 11) and the people who are offering them want something big in return (as expected) but I have nothing worth most of the time to offer them so I can get the event I would like to have in my collection. Then I heard about this so I wasn't sure if I should do it and If did have more than 1 and putting them up for trade and then someone may find out it's a hack (if it even is a hack). So thats the point I was trying to get at.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
Well, I don't believe my Garchomps Speed EV has an issue, my garchomps speed is just fine, besides as I said his nature is Hasty, thus his speed has a 10% bonus. And BTW, By Scarf, do you mean the choice Scarf? Still I don't think it helps match a hasty garchomp speed does it? I believe most Likely it is the choice scarf since he only used One Move (Wood Hammer)...But could it be that fast??

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
If your Garchomp's IVs (Individual Values, not Effort Values) are screwed, then yes.
... How many EVs do you have in SPE exactly?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Vullaby are an only female species probably because its evolution, Mandibuzz is meant to be based on a female vulture, as represented by the apron like bone structure around its waist. It's japanese name also partly comes from the word queen.

In addition to this, they are the Black counterpart to Rufflet/Braviary, which is an all-male species.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
If your Garchomp's IVs (Individual Values, not Effort Values) are screwed, then yes.
... How many EVs do you have in SPE exactly?

Well, the problem is, I couldn't understand the concept of EVs, yeah I know what are IVs but Effort Values...I couldn't Understand them I'd be grateful if someone briefly explain what they are and how do they work. Beside I also heard that you CAN'T determine your EVs unless you counted them manually from the start....(Still I don't understand what's this number I shall count)

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Well, the problem is, I couldn't understand the concept of EVs, yeah I know what are IVs but Effort Values...I couldn't Understand them I'd be grateful if someone briefly explain what they are and how do they work. Beside I also heard that you CAN'T determine your EVs unless you counted them manually from the start....(Still I don't understand what's this number I shall count)

Every Pokemon you kill has EVs, 1-3 in either one or two stats. Every four EVs you get in one stat raises it one point, and you can have 255 in one stat and 510 overall. The most effective way to use EVs are to put 252 in two different stats, and then 4 in a third stat. Iirc, there's an EV guide in the B/W FAQ if you want the in-depth guide.

But yeah you can't tell without counting it from the beginning except with an AR.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
There are other programs that can let you look at a Pokemon's EVs (as well as other hidden values) that work through flashcarts, like PokeSAV. You can also calculate them if you know IVs (but IVs cannot be calculated unless you know EVs).

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
I think I get it now..Most of it I believe. But Since I can't give my Garchomp's Speed EV, Will giving his Speed at a certain lvl slightly help to consider if my garchomp is slow....I still can't get over that Torterra....

At lvl 82 My Garchomp is as Follows:

-HP: 284
-Attack: 267
-Defense: 170
-SP.Attack: 173
-SP.Defense: 148
-Speed: 242

As you can see, the only stat my Garchomp is useful at is his attack and speed, #1 Reason why I enrolled him in the Battle Subway..

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Can you check his speed inside the Subway? The Subway sets his level to 50 and then we can compare it to the maximum speed of Torterra.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Of course, the absolute maximum Torterra's SPE can be at L50 is 118 with +, 108 with =, 97 with -, assuming maximum EVs. That's 177 with Scarf (+), 162 (=), and 145.5 (-).

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
It was probably Scarfterra, unless your Garchimacera was slowed somehow (paralysis, etc.), or the foe had Tailwind / Rock Polish / a Baton Passed SPE boost in effect.

Garchimacera's maximum SPE is at L50 is 169 (+) with max EVs and max IVs. Since yours is lower by 20 pts, we can assume that you're deficient in in upwards to 80 EVs in SPE (though, at this level, you've probably wasted a bunch in SPA and your defensive stats) or that your IVs are lower than 31--or a combination of both.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
Years
It was probably Scarfterra, unless your Garchimacera was slowed somehow (paralysis, etc.), or the foe had Tailwind / Rock Polish / a Baton Passed SPE boost in effect.

Garchimacera's maximum SPE is at L50 is 169 (+) with max EVs and max IVs. Since yours is lower by 20 pts, we can assume that you're deficient in in upwards to 80 EVs in SPE (though, at this level, you've probably wasted a bunch in SPA and your defensive stats) or that your IVs are lower than 31--or a combination of both.

First of all, the battle started clean, no one was paralyzed or something. Nothing at all, it was the first turn so by that, there is no way my speed can decline. His first move was wood hammer and he struck first. So do you think it is the scarf? And yeah, my SP.Attack and Defense is Extremely low, In fact I didn't care much since Garchomp always gives me a one hit win....Back then I didn't know what where IVs and EVs so, I didn't know I can make a change to his defense and SP.attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back