• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gold hack: Pokémon XY: Naturia Version [11-04-14: Begin + BETA 0.1]

com3tiin

Soy chamber...
Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2024
Banner.gif

Hack of: Pokemon GOLD

Features and screenshots (BETA 0.1.4)

• Selection of protagonist by gender, like as in Pokemon Crystal only with the protagonists of Pokemon XY.
  • Redesign Pokedex. 138 "new" (replacement) species of pokemon from all regions . Replacements are based on design and/or qualities/features of each Pokemon. Example, Rattata is replacement for Zigzagoon.
  • Progressive levels increase on wild Pokemon and Trainers.
  • Different species of wild Pokemon and Pokemon trainers, while maintaining a logic.
  • Different amount of Pokemon used by coaches.
  • Learnset updated to Pokemon BW2 o XY as the case . Some event-moves are included in Learnsets.*
  • Some Trainer Class have new items for use in battle.
  • Differences on evolution levels, adequated to the strength of the evolution chain and to the level at which the Pokemon appears for the first time. For a few Pokemon, different methods in which they evolve.
  • Some Pokemon can evolve by using a different method. New evolution stones are included.*
  • Base Stats , Types, Growth Rate and Catch Rates updated Pokemon XY . New type FAIRY is included.*
  • Different wild held item data and increased probability of appearing the second item..
  • Battle System like as in the 4th generation. The moves are classifies in Special or Physical according to their contact nature.
  • Some different fleeing Pokemon.

Pokemon-XY-GBC-1.gif

• Type Boost Items (Charcoal, etc.) increase %33 of ATTACK to compensate the lack of items like Choice Band, Life Orb, etc.
  • 24 New items (not all obtainable in game) that improve the player experience. Include GS Ball, Sail Fossil, Fossil Jaw and 3 evolution stones (Dusk, Shiny and Down) plus a new stone that replaces the trade evolutions: TRADE STONE.*
  • 60 New moves that complement the functions of each pokemon battle. Signature moves are presents: Lucario with Aura Sphere or Blaziken with Blaze Kick are possible.*
  • New battle effects according to each attack, with this is possible have moves that did not exist, as Calm Mind or Draco Meteor. The new effects come with new animations.**
  • Update priorities moves. Extreme Speed now has priority over Quick Attack.
  • 25 New TM. Replaced the most low-profile attacks by a higher-profile attacks, example ; Mud Slap for Bulldoze. Some moves of the TM replaced were added to Learnset to avoid losses.
  • Additional trainers, usually in places that lacked them, like caves and gyms. - (Additional trainer count: 18)
  • Properities of healing items (potions, berries...) edited so that said items can't be used in the middle of a battle. However, no changes in the functions of the items when held by a Pokemon (berries still heal, etc.).

Pokemon%20XY%20GBC%205.bmp

• Different items found in the floor and some different berry trees.
  • Different trainer DVs (usually higher), mostly adequated to how early a trainer of that class can be found. DVs of many classes are maximized in an attempt to make up for the acumulative boosts provided by EVs.
  • Stat and type boosts provided by badges removed in order to give the game a more "professional" feel and increase the difficulty by removing an unfair advantage.
  • Removed the 25% extra chance of missing with a status or stat reduction move by the opponent (another unfair disadvantage for the computer that makes little sense).
  • Different requeriments and increased probability (1/256) for a Pokemon to be shiny. The properities of the shiny Gyarados have been adequated accordingly.
  • The Battle Style is SET by default (little Buggy).
  • New graphics (Tileset) for routes and cities taken mainly from the 3rd generation games.
  • New graphics in battle (HP bar) and the Town Map, HGSS style.
  • New Sprites for some Trainers and Gym Leaders, and therefore new Trainer Class.
  • Modifications to existing maps like caves, routes, Gyms, or towers. Cities restored to its beta phase.
  • Changes in certain events as well as existing small additional events.
  • The player is unable to leave a Gym until he or she beats the Gym Leader or all his/her Pokemon faint in battle (blackout). Thus, Gym trainers and the Leader have to be beaten is succession.
  • Partial translation of rom to spanish ( I'm a Mexican Hacker).
  • Halved the steps for an egg hatches of all Pokemon. This is intended to encourage the breeding.

* See attached document in the download.
** The effect of U-turn is a mix with Batton Pass, so it is considered incomplete....

NOTE:As you may have noticed, my native language is not English,
so if someone helps me improve the reaction will be very grateful.

Pokemon%20XY%20GBC%206.bmp

EXTRAS

• Move Tutors with generic moves have been distributed throughout johto to compensate the replacement of some TM. By this method you can learn Hidden Power, Sleep Talk, Substitute, Toxic and Headbutt (the latter retains its status TM).
  • Zigzagoon and Linoone possess her ability "PickUp" like in Pokémon RZE; you have a 10% chance that after a fight are equipped with an object, such as a Potion, Great Ball, Rare Candy, etc...(Thanks to Miksy91 and Mateo)
  • Tileset Extension patch is applied.
  • Some Traden Pokemon are shinys.
  • In Goldenrod City, you can get via trade the Chamber's Ditto with the quality of being shiny (If a Parent of an egg is shiny, there's a probability of 1/64 of that breeding is also shiny).

For more Updates, visit Whack a Hack

Download Link

Important
This game is a test hack for my main project: Pokemon Revolution.
Since this is a test, many bugs are not required to report, such as defects on maps or tiles.
After finish the Beta 1, I don't plan publish beta 2 faster, but when the game is free of most of the bugs, I will release all the information that has been modified in case someone else wants to continue my job or use my rom as a base for your own project.

FAQ
Spoiler:

Known Bugs
  • (Minor) If you choose to be "girl" in start of game and enter your name manually, after doing it, appear the sprite of "boy". - Fixed for next release
  • (Minor) Error in the Overwolrd fo the "girl" on the map of FLY. - Fixed for next release
  • (Minor) Errors with the font. Some translations come from the Spanish Version, so some characters may be shown to you the American version (does not apply to English-speaking players). - Fixed for next release
  • (Minor) In battle only, the moves appear with other type. This is because the game reads the ID of the animations and not the type of the move. - Fixed for next release
  • (Minor) Singpost throughout the region without text. This is because the beta versions of the cities have more singpost that the final version. - Fixed for next release
  • (Medium) Counter and Mirror Coat are not upgraded to the new rating system physical/special attacks. - MAYBE Fixed for next release

Tools
  • [*]AGIXP
    [*]Gold Finger
    [*]OneGSCTrainer
    [*]GSC Wild Pokemon Editor
    [*]JohtoMap
    [*]MegaMap
    [*]PokeText
    [*]Tile Layer Pro11
    [*]Tileset Editor
    [*]APoint
    [*]Flight Lander
    [*]GbAsmEdit
    [*]GSC TM-HM Editor
    [*]Item Editor GSC
    [*]MartEd GSC
    [*]PACv1.10
    [*]PaletteEd GB
    [*]Pokemon Editor Ultimate
    [*]T-E-D English 2.0
    [*]TradeEd GSC
    [*]Trainer Script Editor
    [*]VisualBoyAdvance

Credits
  • [*]The community of Skeetendo for opening me up to the world of Pokemon hacking.
    [*]The community of Whack a Hack for give me more than just a forum, for give me a house with a lot of friends.
    [*]Crystal_: For always helping me with all my doubts and be a big contributor to all my hacks.
    [*]Javcdark: A great veteran in the GBC world who has supported me in ASM.
    [*]GOLD_Z:By boosting Haking GBC (in WaH) and motivate me to do my best work for my hack.
    [*]Soloo993: Lately it has become the advisor of all my decisions Haking, plus prove to be a great friend.
    [*]Wizard: For always supporting me and being an all encouragement to go on, besides being a type to "a toda madre".
    [*]Miksy91: For being my messiah in the english speaking forums despite our communication problems jaja
    [*]Pia Carrot: by the titlescreen and the sprite of Rival
    [*]Everyone that helped me when I was stuck or needed advice.
    [*]To all the guys who contributed tutorials and resolving all doubts in web, names of important people in the RH as Mateo, Tauwasser, IIMarckus, comet and maybe some more I forgot to mention.
    [*]Everybody that contributed to the Disassembly of Pokemon Crystal.
    [*]And you that play this game!! (and report bugs XD)

FanBar

FanBarPKMNaturia.png

Hall of Fame
Spoiler:

Player's Shiny Collection

Spoiler:

Last edited:

GaryFreakingOak

8 badges in Kanto? I got 10.
Years
Well, already raged a few times when I couldn't use a potion in battle, haha. Potions are still being used by opposing trainers, though. Is this intended?

Also, first pokemon caught is a shiny Joltik, yay! Made me feel better about burning 5 Pokeballs trying to catch the first one I saw and then whiting out, haha!

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
The game looks absolutely amazing i like how when you enter a gym you cant escape so if ur not prepared then u basically die, as most times in gyms ill fight trainers then keep leaving to heal pokemon, so technically ill have to start buying items which i try to avoid.

I understand from what iv read that the game is english and spanish but i did try and look a few times through your introduction on anything explaining how much of the game was in english but i couldn't find much.Could you please try to explain alittle how much of game is in english please and how much is in spanish or are there two different patches?

You must of tested this extensively as their seems to be very little bugs to game so far which is a massive bonus to me. Thank you very much for making such a brilliant game so far and i wish you all the best in your life and your work on this game. Good luck :)

Last edited:

Lunaturret

[B]The Forgotten[/B]
Years
How many gyms have been implemented in game so far?
Had to start downloading and i think most of game is English with parts Spanish maybe :)

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
Great hack, but I'm in the first gym and I defeat first trainer.. I want to go back to Pokemon Center, but there's no way out. o.O

Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2016
I love this game because u caan catch a dragon flying right off the bat and the rival has a treecko I want mudkip :p

Durkadurk

Former lurker
Years
Among the Gen 2 hacks out there, this was the only one that really caught my attention. The progress is great. Keep up the good work!

Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2021
Hey, this time I think that's real bug. My Fennekin didn't evolve at 16 lvl, either was with Starlie at 14 lvl. Document said that they has to, but Starlie evolve much later (24?). Fennekin is at 25 and still hasn't change into Braixen. :(

El Diabeetus

Amateur Voice Actor / ROM Editor ('Hacker')
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 10, 2020
Looks promising! Although the unnecessary capitalization has always bothered me, even in the official games.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 9, 2016
Looks so damn awesome ! So many features :O I truly wish you the best of luck with this hack. I'll definitely support you !

Back