• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold hack: Pokémon Heart Red - Red/Blue Remake for Nintendo DS

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
Another update.

Code:
---v0.4.1

- Day Care added on Route 5 (allows two pokemon).
- Event with Bill & the Teleporter scripted (WIP).
- Team Rocket event above bridge (R25) scripted.
- All Gym Statues now display your name when you beat them.
- Corrected Misty's Gym trainers location and pokemon.
- Trade with NPC in Cerulean implemented (Poliwhirl > Jynx).
- TM43 Added to Route 25.
- Hidden Rare Candy added to Cerulean City.
- More NPC and dialogue updates/fixes.
- Bike Shop dialogue implemented in Cerulean.
- Fixed a bug where your Rival wouldn't battle you in Cerulean if Bulbasaur was your starter.
- Fixed a bug that wouldn't send you to pokemon center if you lost the rival battle in cerulean.

Download

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
I'm not sure what the issue is with flash carts as I don't have one to test with.

If someone has error logs or something that would help.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Oct 15, 2015
Loving that this is a DS hack. I hope to see more in the future around here :)

Also, a suggestion. Maybe... if possible, after you finish with the main storyline, maybe make it so we we can travel to johto afterwards? R/B has no replay value after you catch mewtwo it would be unique if this played like a reverse of G/S/C.HG/SS, where after you beat the kanto league you can move onto the Johto League.

Infinitum

╭━━╮╱╱╭━? ??╱╱╱╱╭╮╱? ?╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱ ╱╱╱╱╱╱╱╱? ??╭?
Years
Very good ROM hack, but I'm afraid I don't see much faith in this. Will it ever get completed? Are the tools sophisticated enough to make proper edits to the game?

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
Are the tools sophisticated enough to make proper edits to the game?

Yes.

Also some good news relating to Flash Carts. The user mikeyisdead informed me about a solution to get this ROM running and it should be implemented with the next patch.

Spoiler:

If you want to do it yourself, take the arm9.bin from the original HGSS ROM, and replace it with the one in the patched ROM.

The issue was with the header as I suspected but I didn't realize this was the solution

Last edited:

Infinitum

Years
Yes.

Also some good news relating to Flash Carts. The user mikeyisdead informed me about a solution to get this ROM running and it should be implemented with the next patch.

Spoiler:

If you want to do it yourself, take the arm9.bin from the original HGSS ROM, and replace it with the one in the patched ROM.

The issue was with the header as I suspected but I didn't realize this was the solution

Great news. Will you also add in the original Team Rocket events regarding Giovanni, Silph Co, Gambling house etc?

Offtopic: Why did I get the notification you quoted my post like 9 times?!

Infinitum

Years
I need someone with modelling experience to remake some maps, but hopefully.

Maybe you could contact that mikelan guy or try to contact the creator of Pokémon DarkDiamond, he was did a show-off of his mapping/modelling skill, which was quite good.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 1, 2016
Played a bit of this a few days back, I really like it so far.
Do you have plans on making any tutorials on scripting or functions? I've looked around but its hard finding anything related to nds rom hacking research.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 1, 2016
Sorry for the double post, but I've been poking around Heartgold's files and came across a few misc things that may come in handy down the road.

The small maps on town signs can be found at /a/0/3/6 (won't need these for the most part aside from cinnabar)
The SS. ANNE cut scenes can be found at /a/0/3/8
Emoji's along with their 3d models can be found and edited at /a/1/0/3
And just incase your wanting to edit the beginning intro, the towns shown are actually 3d models and can be found and changed at:
newbark - /a/2/6/2 file 2_97
goldenrod - /a/2/6/2 file 2_100
ecruteak - /a/2/6/2 file 2_103

I also found an unused surf model at /a/1/0/3 file 3_87 (maybe it can be swapped out for lapras or something)
You may have known about some of these already, I'm just showing my support. :)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Aug 10, 2015
Hi! mm, there's an issue where the old man with the Marril who does not let me pass, can, by just going a little bit down next to the trees I can just keep walking like nothing happened. I guess that old guy really need glasses! no pun intended. ;-;

Infinitum

Years
Sorry for the double post, but I've been poking around Heartgold's files and came across a few misc things that may come in handy down the road.

The small maps on town signs can be found at /a/0/3/6 (won't need these for the most part aside from cinnabar)
The SS. ANNE cut scenes can be found at /a/0/3/8
Emoji's along with their 3d models can be found and edited at /a/1/0/3
And just incase your wanting to edit the beginning intro, the towns shown are actually 3d models and can be found and changed at:
newbark - /a/2/6/2 file 2_97
goldenrod - /a/2/6/2 file 2_100
ecruteak - /a/2/6/2 file 2_103

I also found an unused surf model at /a/1/0/3 file 3_87 (maybe it can be swapped out for lapras or something)
You may have known about some of these already, I'm just showing my support. :)

Great information sir, hope TriggerHappy will finish this soon!

Mikachu

Veteren Trainer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Cali
  • Seen Jan 22, 2024
This hack looks promising so far :) I have a Acekard 2i and am likely to play it on that since my computer doesn't run ds emulators to well most the time so I'll post if there are any issues with the rom on the 2i :3

Edit:
Having a slight problem with patching, I keep getting this message when i try and patch: (Yes I've tried keeping the rom in the same folder, moving it and ect.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

darklugia2010

darklugia2010
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 16, 2024
Hey TriggerHappy187, I just have a question is it possible to add a potion item on the floor in the beginning of pallet town? because sometimes losing to the rival is not what I want in the beginning of the game. I might not be the only one who wants the potion item before the first rival battle though.

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
The arm9 is not compressed when you save the ROM with SDSME, and arm9 must be compressed if you want to play the hack on flashcards. To solve that: open an original HGSS ROM with CrystalTile2, pick in the arm9 and select "compress" to replace that original arm9 for the edited one (it is placed in the folder that SDSME makes, for example). Now, export that arm9 (which is now compressed) and open the hack ROM with CrystalTile2. Now you only have to import the arm9 you have just exported.

Sorry for my bad english, I'm spanish :P

Back