• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[EM] Battle Engine Upgrade (On Halt, Will undergo reboot!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I've managed to fix Lotad's learnset deleting some lines in learnset file. It have two learnest. Chimecho need to creat new learnset in pge.
Thief move effect don't work.

Edit: Tried to steal Oran berry from wild Pikachu.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 78
  • Seen Mar 20, 2024
Sorry if this problem has already been answered, but there's a lot of replies to go through haha

I tried applying this to an emerald rom and I get this error message:

imgur. com/QFThRmZ (can't post the image/link on its own, not enough posts)

It still produces the test.gba file and upon playing it, nothing's different. No P/S icons, no colored nature stats, no new moves, nothing. I'm guessing this has something to do with the Devkit, but I don't know what.

Years
I've managed to fix Lotad's learnset deleting some lines in learnset file. It have two learnest. Chimecho need to creat new learnset in pge.
Thief move effect don't work.

Edit: Tried to steal Oran berry from wild Pikachu.

Fixed those.

Sorry if this problem has already been answered, but there's a lot of replies to go through haha

I tried applying this to an emerald rom and I get this error message:

imgur. com/QFThRmZ (can't post the image/link on its own, not enough posts)

It still produces the test.gba file and upon playing it, nothing's different. No P/S icons, no colored nature stats, no new moves, nothing. I'm guessing this has something to do with the Devkit, but I don't know what.

Why did you write "pokemon cuck emeralpython scripts//i"?
It should be "python scripts//build" and then "python scripts//insert".

Years
Fixed those.

Why did you write "pokemon cuck emeralpython scripts//i"?
It should be "python scripts//build" and then "python scripts//insert".

Thank you.
I've found a bug with sprites in link battle.
This happen only with second player.
Emulator: My Boy. Android 4.4 and 6.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170108-161928.jpg
    Screenshot_20170108-161928.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 34
Years
Thank you.
I've found a bug with sprites in link battle.
This happen only with second player.
Emulator: My Boy. Android 4.4 and 6.

It's hard to test link battles for me. Could you be more specific on when the bug happens? Does the sprite always gets messed or only in certain(or random) conditions? Does it always happen for only one person? And similar stuff that could make it easier for us to find the cause,

Years
It's hard to test link battles for me. Could you be more specific on when the bug happens? Does the sprite always gets messed or only in certain(or random) conditions? Does it always happen for only one person? And similar stuff that could make it easier for us to find the cause,
It always get messed with second player (client).
The text box show that i've sent the same pokemon as my opponent.
For player 1 (host) the text box and sprite is working normally.
Regardless of this, the game works normally in link battles.

Years
It always get messed with second player (client).
The text box show that i've sent the same pokemon as my opponent.
For player 1 (host) the text box and sprite is working normally.
Regardless of this, the game works normally in link battles.

I did something that could fix the issue you're having. Download the latest update and let me know if it still doesn't work.

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
Pokecommunity. :P

HAH of course lol
New question: Is Burmy's cloak change thing working? To test, I changed the types of the three Burmys (I know Burmy is pure Bug, but bear with me) in order to easily distinguish them in the status menu (I kept the sprites as Bulbasaurs cuz I'm not adding sprites just yet) to Bug/Grass, Bug/Ground, and Bug/Steel, respectively. Then, in game, I caught the Bug/Grass variant of Burmy on Route 101. But when I entered into the protagonists house (which I assume the code says is indoors) the Burmy was still Bug/Grass. This leads me to believe that the Burmy Cloak Change code either JUST changes the sprites, or isn't working. Could I get some specification on this? I'm confused.

Years
HAH of course lol
New question: Is Burmy's cloak change thing working? To test, I changed the types of the three Burmys (I know Burmy is pure Bug, but bear with me) in order to easily distinguish them in the status menu (I kept the sprites as Bulbasaurs cuz I'm not adding sprites just yet) to Bug/Grass, Bug/Ground, and Bug/Steel, respectively. Then, in game, I caught the Bug/Grass variant of Burmy on Route 101. But when I entered into the protagonists house (which I assume the code says is indoors) the Burmy was still Bug/Grass. This leads me to believe that the Burmy Cloak Change code either JUST changes the sprites, or isn't working. Could I get some specification on this? I'm confused.

Bruh, go on bulbapedia and read on what conditions Burmy change cloaks. It has to participate in a battle and the form change happens after it.

Jeesh

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
Bruh, go on bulbapedia and read on what conditions Burmy change cloaks. It has to participate in a battle and the form change happens after it.

But thats woooooork
Well, that would explain a lot. My memory did not serve me well enough, and my laziness got the better of me :P
But the real problem is when I change index numbers for the Burmys in the config. When I try opening the Pokemon Editor in PGE after applying the change, it gives me some Record Number error window. Then it gives me the average Selected Index error window after I click OK, and I have nothing to do but to shut the program down. It works fine if I use the default indexes that the config.h file already gives me (aka 1000-1010) but if I change it to a another/three digit number (for example I want my Burmy Grass Cloak to be index #465) it gives me this error. What should I do differently?

Years
But thats woooooork
Well, that would explain a lot. My memory did not serve me well enough, and my laziness got the better of me :P
But the real problem is when I change index numbers for the Burmys in the config. When I try opening the Pokemon Editor in PGE after applying the change, it gives me some Record Number error window. Then it gives me the average Selected Index error window after I click OK, and I have nothing to do but to shut the program down. It works fine if I use the default indexes that the config.h file already gives me (aka 1000-1010) but if I change it to a another/three digit number (for example I want my Burmy Grass Cloak to be index #465) it gives me this error. What should I do differently?

Wut. This is impossible, the indexes are just defines for a one or two functions. They don't change anything that's related to PGE. Maybe you didn't update the ini via pge script?

Jeesh

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
Wut. This is impossible, the indexes are just defines for a one or two functions. They don't change anything that's related to PGE. Maybe you didn't update the ini via pge script?
What part of the ini would I update?
I thought the index number was the number order that you see the 'mons in the Pokemon Editor, like 'yknow, ?????? is 0, Bulbasaur is 1, etc...
So I did that according to how I wish to have my Burmy forms in place and it gives me the error. I tried this on a vanilla rom and on a rom that I already built all expansions for which had a successful ini before the update. They both give me the error message. If it IS the ini file, I wouldn't know which offset its under.

Years
What part of the ini would I update?
I thought the index number was the number order that you see the 'mons in the Pokemon Editor, like 'yknow, ?????? is 0, Bulbasaur is 1, etc...
So I did that according to how I wish to have my Burmy forms in place and it gives me the error. I tried this on a vanilla rom and on a rom that I already built all expansions for which had a successful ini before the update. They both give me the error message. If it IS the ini file, I wouldn't know which offset its under.

I mean that you should always run pgeinidump script after building and inserting the engine.

Jeesh

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
I mean that you should always run pgeinidump script after building and inserting the engine.

Well, I guess I just take whatever offsets are there? I mean, the PGEinidump command only changes the attack and ability offsets. I don't know how that relates to Burmy cloaks.

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Skarmory icon.
Years
I... got a mistake.
Pokémon Game Editor loads the other options fine, but, if I try to load, I get these:

Error: 63 Argument 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value.
Error: 75 The process cannot access the file [test.gba] because it is being used by another process.
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String.
Spoiler:

Trainer 781

Pokémon Game Editor loads the other options fine, but, if I try to load, I get these:

Error: 63 Argument 'RecordNumber' is not a valid value.
Error: 75 The process cannot access the file [test.gba] because it is being used by another process.
Value cannot be null. Parameter name: String.
Spoiler:

Try using the latest Beta found in PGE git.
Otherwise report it in the PGE git as an issue.

Marky Vigoroth

Years
I... found a real issue.

I used a ROM that was expanded to 32 megabytes (using the empty FF byte). I never had any problems with the ROM until the latest update of this engine. Doing these changes in their respective files:

Spoiler:

...led to the game freezing after I picked the starter. (I picked Torchic every time, though... I was essentially pressing A a lot.) Not even a clean installation or changing the insertion location to—say—0x1020000 worked.

Years
I... found a real issue.

I used a ROM that was expanded to 32 megabytes (using the empty FF byte). I never had any problems with the ROM until the latest update of this engine. Doing these changes in their respective files:

Spoiler:

...led to the game freezing after I picked the starter. (I picked Torchic every time, though... I was essentially pressing A a lot.) Not even a clean installation or changing the insertion location to—say—0x1020000 worked.

It's our fault for not specifying it I guess.
Change the first line to:
rom : ORIGIN = (0x08000000 + 0x01000000), LENGTH = 32M
Technical explanation:
Spoiler:

Marky Vigoroth

Years
It's our fault for not specifying it I guess.
Change the first line to:
rom : ORIGIN = (0x08000000 + 0x01000000), LENGTH = 32M
Technical explanation:
Spoiler:
Yes... I had the suspicion that the bus was necessary, given the odd format at the original file and how incongruent was the busless address you originally gave me. Thank you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back