• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Skates or Bikes?

Bike or Skate?

• Bicycle

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • Roller Skate

Votes: 53 54.6%

• Total voters

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
Years
I've been playing for a decent amount of time now and it appears that both bike and skates have almost the same effect. They allow for off-grid roam and can give you a decent amount of movement. The only thing difference between them two is that skates don't work on tall grass, although still able to off-grid roam, while skates allow for more maneuverability and is always ready when you need it. Now the question applies.

Which do you prefer? Roller Skates or Bikes?

Last edited:

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I am not good at controlling the skate, and we can't use it through the grasses, so I'll opt with Bike instead.

Years
I've been using the roller skates more since they're more convenient than the bicycle (even though they are a bit harder to maneuver at first, but you get used to them), and they go at the same pace as the bicycle as well.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
You can do a lot of cool tricks and stunts with your roller skates, but I still prefer the old-fashioned bicycle over them. Bikes have brakes, so they are quite easy to stop. Skates, on the other hand, aren't very easy. You are able to stop your roller skates from moving forward one way or another, but they don't stop exactly where you want them to—they stop only when their wheels completely lose speed, which takes time. Roller skates are okay to travel with if you're able to master them, but if not, then bikes are simply the better option for you. I've figured out a way to remove the skates by equipping yourself with the dowsing machine, but it could get a little annoying to run around with it constantly. D:

Sirfetch’d

I prefer the skates just because they are something totally new and I just find them a bit easier to maneuver. At first, I really wanted to ditch the skates because I hated them and found it quite annoying having to use them unless I used the arrow pad, but they quickly grew on me and now I absolutely adore them.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Skates all the way. I love the bike, but skates are just too much. ♥

Oshamaru

Legs go, Megaman!
Years
I like the Bicycle more, but the skates are good for huge routes and Lumiose city, too.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
Years
I enjoy the rollerblades a bit more, koff~

They don't force me to register them to a button so I can have something else in there instead. Plus, there is some tricks that you can do with them, koffi~

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I prefer the roller skates. They're the same speed as the bicycle, and I can easily switch to them or switch from them with a simple button press. Also, having them "attached" to the circle pad leaves the Y button free for another key item that I'd want registered.

Years
^^ same here, let's skate :D
Same speed huh? I get the feeling I bump into less things with the skated though :P

But yeah having a register button free for something else is nice and i always skate because i mainly play with the circle button :D

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
I just learned how to manouver with the skates, so I prefer them now. I don't miss the bike, but I do get it I won't use the bike.

Loving the skates now.

Years
  • Seen Feb 13, 2015
I've been using the skates mostly. I think I pulled the bike out once since I got it.

bassnerd

The Electric Bassist
Years
Bikes for the win, BUT it is rather annoying that you don't come out on your bike again after entering a building (or something similar). It'd be better if we could switch between using the circle pad for the bike/skates with the L/R buttons, or something like that.

Back