• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Spoiler]New version exclusive areas

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
This thought came to me when I was exploring Magma's hideout in Emerald, wouldn't it be cool if the caves had remixes of the Magma and Aqua's hideout?
What if the caves are actually Terra and Marine caves? They do change location...

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I hope there is some use for the caves. It would be a nice place to house Groudon and Kyogre. Even though they appeared in HG/SS, it would give the fans another R/S hint to obsess over. It would be a shame to see them go to waste.

If it doesn't house a legendary Pokemon, it'll probably just be like the Chargestone cave which had potential to be interesting but instead was just a dragged out maze.

Years
Maybe these are the caves that lead to Shizui's town, in a screenshot the player stood in the beach with the rival talking tl Shizui and there was a cave behind them...(interestingly Shizui has a dialect found in Kyushu (what Hoenn is based on). So they might be puzzels too.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe these are the caves that lead to Shizui's town, in a screenshot the player stood in the beach with the rival talking tl Shizui and there was a cave behind them...(interestingly Shizui has a dialect found in Kyushu (what Hoenn is based on). So they might be puzzels too.

A water cave would make sense near him, yes, but the purpose of a fire cave just in front of a water gym leader defies what B/W set up of making it easier the area before, rather, this would make it harder.

Years
I would perfer if it were harder actually xD
Though even the water cave would be difficult as water isn't super effective against water either...
Also I just noticed but the major caves have Lightning (the one before Skyla's), Fire, and Water like the Johto trio...perhaps...

Years
I wonder if perhaps they'll have a ingame trade for the version exclusives like they did for Petilil, and Cottonee in where you give the one in your game and get the one from the other game.
I'm hoping for one more version exclusive spot but likely that's it.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
Yeah I liked that trade, it was useful. Not these "Oh, do you have a Dratini? Wanna trade for my Magikarp?"

Excuse me?

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Perhaps that water/magma cave is underwater area. Route to Undella might be blocked by ice boundary, so player would have to dive to bypass the boundary. And would have to go through that cave on the way.

Years
^ That would be cool and give Dive a use in the game's journey. I think that cave is the one that leads to Shizui's town since he's water, a cave under water wouldn't be that far fetched.

Eneko

Bezarius
Years
I saw the fire and water cave scans and thought of a Ruby/Sapphire remake.. I should stop getting my hopes up. >3>

Years
I don't think they'll have G or K but simply be special caves that lead to Shizui's town, perhaps it's a symbol he might be the last gym leader as Iris and Drayden had a version exclusive town themselves in BW.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I think the caves are after story and not part of the main story. So really they are just something new to set the two versions apart but aren't going to hold a lot of substance.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
Years
I think the caves are after story and not part of the main story. So really they are just something new to set the two versions apart but aren't going to hold a lot of substance.

Much like how Black City and White Forest were in BW. I have to agree with you, there. I'm still interested in exploring them, though; hopefully the caves are more expansive and have plenty for us to venture through. I don't really want just a small area that acts as a small section of the map where you can capture certain Pokemon, like what White Forest was.

Though speaking off, I'm interested to see what has happened with those exclusive locations. I'm hoping at least a little more has been done with them, aside from the pretty small role that was given to it and Black City, before. Though if there is, I get the feeling it may be post-main game.

@ Minor RS Remake hint comments: I think there were quite a few jabs towards HG remakes with Platinum; the most blatant being the TV show that ran when you first started the game, so hopefully... the not-so-obvious pokes will hold true. After all, it could be in reference to the cave you go through to reach Groudon/Kyogre-- heck, maybe they're even down there, waiting for you to confront them!

Though I doubt that.

Aquarius1997

The Horoscopical Master
Years
Just adding fire to Magmaruby and Aquasapphires suggestion

What if the caves are a waypoint where you had to go through to reach undella town,but deep in the cave Groudon and Kyogre is located.

You cant acsess the end of the cave until you beat the game and a mysterious landfall cleared the way, its likely because Pokemon has done it before (Sinnoh victory road where you cant acsess shaymin until you defeat elite 4)

PaxAmericana

Resident Peacekeeper
Years
I feel it is just something to create more of a difference.
And plus, we have already seen enough Groudon and Kyogre for now, with it having already been in RSE and HG/SS, and in the future, possibly a RSE remake.
I don't want them in this game, but if they are, the caves are where they would most likely be put.

Years
The water detour route makes me wonder if possibly the cave wouldn't be accessable at all until after the E4 as stated by others. Maybe the cave is simply the new Challenger cave but with an added easter egg look to it in tribute to the 10th anniversity of RS.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Since this is still for discussing Black City and White Forest, I just read about the skyscraper and the hollow, and thinking about it without having really seen anything I think I like the idea/design of the new skyscraper more than what I do of White Forest with the hollow. :( Not that they're majorly different, but still!

Back