• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
A Wallaby pokémon would be cool to see, it could be fighting/Normal.
I'm hoping the regional bugs will be more diverse in typing. Unova had a Bug/Grass while before that Sinnoh had a pure bug regional.Hopefully we don't get another poison/bug as the secondary regional bug (You know Beedrill, Ariados, Dustox, etc.).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Yes yes yessssss!! They should make it look even more like Gollum, and make it have a LOTR related name like...um...well i dunno. Just make this happen💟

Or given it's new Pokemon speculation, perhaps a Pokemon similar to Sableye, given these are somewhat the third games following on from Unova, so a clone would be likely, much like Kanto clones were in Unova? Although I don't think it'd be very good looking. :x

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Or given it's new Pokemon speculation, perhaps a Pokemon similar to Sableye, given these are somewhat the third games following on from Unova, so a clone would be likely, much like Kanto clones were in Unova? Although I don't think it'd be very good looking. :x

Wouldn't we get a bunch of Johto clones then? Since this is the "second generation" after the reset? So we lookin at 100 new with a bunch of babies added in XD

Gen 2 added 7 babies, 5 same line evolutions, and 5 split evolutions. Not to mention two new types (but really that's different altogether)

Think we'll see the same thing? XD

Years
Xander's right, it would be more of a Johto clone...unless one considers B2W2 ("Gen V.5") as the Johto to Unova, if so than it'll be the new Hoenn...which dropped all previous mons, added Natures, two baby Pokémon, rebooted the ev system, added IV's,etc. In terms of mons I'm hoping it's more like Johto though. I wouldn't mind 7 Unova babies.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
They're really coming out of the woodwork now.

tumblr_mhm6j6ASMJ1s53i3yo1_500.jpg

It's likely fake....or at least it looks less believable than the previous one.

The eyeball guy looks like he could be Fire/Poison or Fire/Dark though. I like it more than the other two.

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Xander's right, it would be more of a Johto clone...unless one considers B2W2 ("Gen V.5") as the Johto to Unova, if so than it'll be the new Hoenn...which dropped all previous mons, added Natures, two baby Pokémon, rebooted the ev system, added IV's,etc. In terms of mons I'm hoping it's more like Johto though. I wouldn't mind 7 Unova babies.

Yeah I considered B2W2 the Johto version :x I mean it just REMINDED me of Johto tbh. But ya idm if it's like Johto because Johto design-wise was cartoonish imo, and if that's the case these games will follow the same suit, and it already seems to be the case from the starters at least.

Guy

just a guy
Years
They're really coming out of the woodwork now.

Spoiler:

It's likely fake....or at least it looks less believable than the previous one.

The eyeball guy looks like he could be Fire/Poison or Fire/Dark though. I like it more than the other two.
You can tell by the style of the artwork alone that this is a fake, BUT, I do love the design of the Dinosaur Pokémon at the top.

Anyway, even though Black and White were like the Kanto of the series and a lot of the new Pokémon felt inspired from the first generation, I hope they don't continue to use that as a way to rebuild the franchise. I'd like to see more of their creative juices flowing and seeing this generation get inspiration from the location of the world it is based off of. Use animals and species that they haven't yet used rather than try and reiterate what's already been done.

If they're trying to "evolve the world of Pokémon" as they put it, then keeping it fresh would be the way to go. Then again, if we had to decide on which past series of games this would be, then I'd go with Hoenn myself ─ which could have also been seen as a step of evolution for the world of Pokémon back then.

blue

gucci
Years
I'm liking these fan arts even if they are fake, it's something to look at whilst there is no news circulating. As you've stated above you can tell by the battle scenes that they are fake but nonetheless I'm really liking the designs of these.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
You can tell by the style of the artwork alone that this is a fake, BUT, I do love the design of the Dinosaur Pokémon at the top.

Anyway, even though Black and White were like the Kanto of the series and a lot of the new Pokémon felt inspired from the first generation, I hope they don't continue to use that as a way to rebuild the franchise. I'd like to see more of their creative juices flowing and seeing this generation get inspiration from the location of the world it is based off of. Use animals and species that they haven't yet used rather than try and reiterate what's already been done.

If they're trying to "evolve the world of Pokémon" as they put it, then keeping it fresh would be the way to go. Then again, if we had to decide on which past series of games this would be, then I'd go with Hoenn myself ─ which could have also been seen as a step of evolution for the world of Pokémon back then.

Hoenn Pokemon design-style seemed too tropical really. ;( Like everything felt like it belonged in the wild and I feel like these games will be more cultural rather than tropical, so something like gen 1 or gen 2 designs would make more sense (not discounting the clones tho).

Guy

just a guy
Years
Hoenn Pokemon design-style seemed too tropical really. ;( Like everything felt like it belonged in the wild and I feel like these games will be more cultural rather than tropical, so something like gen 1 or gen 2 designs would make more sense (not discounting the clones tho).
Considering Hoenn was a tropical region, it made sense that the Pokémon seemed tropical too. I liked the more natural and wild feeling of the Hoenn Pokémon though. Likely being set in Europe, I do hope that the Pokémon reflect the different animals and species most commonly found in France and other European countries. But I'd also like to see some of them reflect the rich cultures and mythologies of Europe too. For instance, Pokémon being based off of some of the Greek Gods, that would be pretty cool in my opinion.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Maybe as a result it'll concentrate more on man-made stuff, kind of like Golurk -seems- man-made given that it's a more cultural and ya.

Years
That might be, after all Unova's felt quite artificial with Zekrom, Gorluk, Scraggy, Vanilite and Trubish however that region was a city after all. On the other hand Johto's were less artificial but still had some Royal like figures such as Slowking but Kyoto was the former capital of Japan during the imperial era. Kanto's artificialness can be linked to Tokyo (saffron) the largest or so city in the world. So I'm expecting cultural, the grass starter looks like it has a crown, while there's a frog things related to France, oh and Xerneas is majestic, and the fox is sassy which also make me think of france so I expect the new pokémon to be more like them.

ClumzyTrainR13

Storm Caster
Years
What I really want is a Water and Electric Pokemon. The only one that's been created so far is Lanturn, and he was really lame and was one of those Pokemon that just faded into the distance. What about a storm based Pokemon, like the combination of rain and thunder? Not, of course, to copy off of Thundurus, but something new? I mean how awesome would that be?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
What I really want is a Water and Electric Pokemon. The only one that's been created so far is Lanturn, and he was really lame and was one of those Pokemon that just faded into the distance. What about a storm based Pokemon, like the combination of rain and thunder? Not, of course, to copy off of Thundurus, but something new? I mean how awesome would that be?

Well... actually a thunder cloud in general would be seriously awesome. Just imagine everything it'd do. Sure it's unoriginal but DAYM a thunder cloud could look really nice (and really strongggg).

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
I'd like to see a new Pokemon with Wonder Guard. Maybe same base stats as Shedinja but 90 in special attack? I dunno I just think it'd be kinda cool.

Well... actually a thunder cloud in general would be seriously awesome. Just imagine everything it'd do. Sure it's unoriginal but DAYM a thunder cloud could look really nice (and really strongggg).

Thing would probably be able to learn Hurricane too.

Rain Dance
Surf/Hydro Pump
Thunder
Hurricane.

That'd be sick.

Last edited:
Back