• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Obsessing over minor details

droomph

weeb
Years
Do you often find yourself organizing pointless things (eg album names on iTunes, photo albums, putting your books in alphabetical order) -ec- while everything else is a mess?

Last edited:

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I organise everything that I own haha. I love to be organised. It makes things so much easier if you're trying to find something, study, work etc. I definitely am a perfectionist and will strive to get every little detail perfect when it comes to schoolwork, games etc. Although sometimes I don't have the time or the skill to get things 100% perfect/complete, so I usually just ditch it and move on haha.

Hannah

beep bop boop
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Nov 16, 2021
I usually tend to organize everything I have equally. I don't obsess over one thing for long, tho.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I agonize over things like usernames and stuff because I want that sort of thing to be just right. Im kind of a perfectionist, so I want everything to be right, but it often isnt, sadly.

von Weltschmerz

the first born unicorn
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Yes! I am majorly OCD in this aspect. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING has a proper place on my desk that it down to the nearest centimeter of accuracy. It keeps everything easy to find... but I like to do it more because it tends to be a somewhat lengthy, yet enjoyable process, and in the end, my masterpiece is so aesthetically pleasing that I just sit there, basking in the warmth of my own admiration.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
I do that all the time. Especially when I don't have anything else to do.

outfox

in
Years
  • Seen Feb 25, 2013
Aesthetics are a big deal to me. I arrange things to please the eye everywhere I go, even if things aren't mine, even if it's not a necessary thing to do. I do what I want.

lucyjako

Banned
Years
I don't have the ability to organize, even when I attempt to get organized the very next day I'm unorganized again, so what's the point, really?

Sassy Milkshake

It's ok to cry.
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 10, 2013
Anything that I can organize by color I like to do, it's just fun haha. But for the most part everything, pointless and important, are all messy.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen yesterday
Do you often find yourself organizing pointless things (eg album names on iTunes,

I don't quite get what you're saying here. This may just be my Monica Geller Syndrome acting up, but having a perectly organised album list on iTunes is not pointless. It is essential! It should be mandatory! If it is not organized correctly, then it looks inaccurate, messy and quite frankly, ugly! Furthermore, all the albums should have album art too! Preferably the correct album art as well, though variations are fine. Otherwise, you end up with that ugly blank space, that terrible black note, synonymous (in my mind) with disorder, laziness and imperfection! droomph, darling, nothing about organizing anything on iTunes is pointless. Let that be a lesson you pass on to your offspring or anyone you encounter in your life. Have it as your epitaph, "Organization of albums and art on iTunes is of the utmost importance to ones life." It is far from pointless, it is mandatory.

I mentioned Monica Geller Syndrome right at the beginning of that little paragraph. That fake syndrome is an accurate summary of how I treat things in my life. Things may look a bit messy in my room, but trust me, it is ordered just as I want it to be and I swear to god I will HURT YOU if you move it out of it's designated position. Sometimes my room is, as mentioned, messy, but most of the time it is perfectly ordered and precise, each little item in it's proper place, existing as it should. So no, I do not love organising 'pointless things' while everything is a mess.
I love organising everything.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
I have to order things by color, size, and alphabetically or it's just not right. As listed in your post, books are a huge thing for me. My bookshelf has to be ordered alphabetically or it just doesn't feel right. Not being able to find a book right away is a pain as well, so that's an added benefit.

Gideon Jeremiah

The giving Pokèmon breeder
Years
I enjoy aesthetically appealing curved edges, as well as perpendicular straight lines.
Beyond that, I adore repetition in moving things, while despising redundancy in inanimate things.

tl;dr - I move around everything inanimate & leave animated things.

Beyond that; I have a ridiculously complicated filing system.
It applies to everything ranging from colored pencils, to books on Communism, to books, to books about other books, to manga, etc...

droomph

weeb
Years
I don't quite get what you're saying here. This may just be my Monica Geller Syndrome acting up, but having a perectly organised album list on iTunes is not pointless. It is essential! It should be mandatory! If it is not organized correctly, then it looks inaccurate, messy and quite frankly, ugly! Furthermore, all the albums should have album art too! Preferably the correct album art as well, though variations are fine. Otherwise, you end up with that ugly blank space, that terrible black note, synonymous (in my mind) with disorder, laziness and imperfection! droomph, darling, nothing about organizing anything on iTunes is pointless. Let that be a lesson you pass on to your offspring or anyone you encounter in your life. Have it as your epitaph, "Organization of albums and art on iTunes is of the utmost importance to ones life." It is far from pointless, it is mandatory.

I mentioned Monica Geller Syndrome right at the beginning of that little paragraph. That fake syndrome is an accurate summary of how I treat things in my life. Things may look a bit messy in my room, but trust me, it is ordered just as I want it to be and I swear to god I will HURT YOU if you move it out of it's designated position. Sometimes my room is, as mentioned, messy, but most of the time it is perfectly ordered and precise, each little item in it's proper place, existing as it should. So no, I do not love organising 'pointless things' while everything is a mess.
I love organising everything.

Eg you're failing every class, your backpack's contents are strewn around the city, dead mice are piling up and your addiction to freebase is leaving scorch marks on everything and you're deathly sick BUT THAT ALBUM HAS TO BE PERFECT

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I do this in almost every facet of my life, from files on my computer, to the anime DVD's on my shelves, even in my Pokemon games as far as how my PC boxes are organized. Now granted, sometimes it seems that I'm the only one who can tell how I obsessively organize my stuff, but rest assured there is a method to my madness and I am very particular about it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Haha I do this. I organise my DVDs alphabetically and try to do the same with my books, while all around me there are piles of crap that need to be cleaned up but I can't be bothered with :P

Back