• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2009
Okay, I redownloaded, re-extracted all files, ran associateshell.bat, did the same thing as my last post (changed the required offsets and setvar values), but it still says "Wild AGGRON ran away" or whatever. However, recompiling it does not bring up a defines.dat error log, it's alright now.

It was "Wild MEWTWO..." because it was setvar 0x8004 0x96 (96 = MEWTWO)
But then I changed it to setvar 0x8004 0x180 (180 = RAYQUAZA).

Why does it say AGGRON? My compiled script is basically the same as the first one in my most recent post.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
Okay, I redownloaded, re-extracted all files, ran associateshell.bat, did the same thing as my last post (changed the required offsets and setvar values), but it still says "Wild AGGRON ran away" or whatever. However, recompiling it does not bring up a defines.dat error log, it's alright now.

It was "Wild MEWTWO..." because it was setvar 0x8004 0x96 (96 = MEWTWO)
But then I changed it to setvar 0x8004 0x180 (180 = RAYQUAZA).

Why does it say AGGRON? My compiled script is basically the same as the first one in my most recent post.

180 is only rayquaza if you discount the gap between GSC and RSE pokemon.

Rayquaza is 0x196 (406 in decimal).
rayquaza.png

Also, for anyone that can see the "defines.dat" file format
(for each #define; 1 byte: string length +1, then string with null terminator, then 4 bytes: value)
make sure that if you edit it, all the names are in lowercase, as they will not be converted (to save on speed).

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2009
Oh I see. Sorry, to lazy to look at the .dat file.

But aren't there only 25 spaces between GSC and RBE? So technically, Rayquaza would be
384 + 25 = 409? Why 406?

And I tried HEX numbers 192, 193, 194, and 195, but none are of LATIAS and LATIOS.
192 = Regice, 193 = Registeel, 194 and 195 = GROUDON and KYOGRE. Where's L@tias?

Anyways, thanks for the help!
Oh and I have a suggestion for the script generator:
For trainer battles: if you include a part to add text AFTER the battle. It currently only does the text when you first talk to the trainer, and at the end of the battle.

(:

Last edited:

score_under

Years
And I tried HEX numbers 192, 193, 194, and 195, but none are of LATIAS and LATIOS.
192 = Regice, 193 = Registeel, 194 and 195 = GROUDON and KYOGRE. Where's L@tias?
Oh, so close :P
Latias is 0x197, Latios is 0x198.

But bear in mind, there's a good reason for the "defines.dat" file - it allows you to write a script with something like this:
Code:
setvar 0x4001 LATIAS
It will automatically be converted at compile time.

I have implemented your script generator modification, but am not going to release it just yet - I am trying to keep updates more steady so people don't have to download a new version every hour or something (as with in the early stages of this program's development).

try this "\\\h" you probably will laugh at me but hey it's an idea
No, that would come out as a backslash and a backspace (DOS) character.

Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2012
Help! I try to insert a new script into my Emerald rom, it opens ok, but when I try to load my rom (I use VBA), the screen just goes white! Help!

Years
  • Seen Apr 30, 2009
I didn't know that, score!! >=O
Thanks for the help. :D
AND thanks for implementing my suggestion. :P

Last edited:

score_under

Years
Help! I try to insert a new script into my Emerald rom, it opens ok, but when I try to load my rom (I use VBA), the screen just goes white! Help!
This is a VisualBoyAdvance error caused on some versions of the ROM. Either try a different emulator or try a different ROM; either way, it's beyond my control entirely.

SkieTheKitsune

Hi, I'm FoxMan! I physically cannot change my user
Years
I've used this editor, and to be honest, I love it. It's simple and easy to use.

I have a quick question: I can't get my edited scripts to work correctly. They seem to overlap each other after I compile them into the rom. I don't know how to fix this problem. :(

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
when you decompile them to edit
change the first script "label" (#org 0xoffset)
to "#dyn 0xoffset"
then push enter and type
#org @begin
after that...
replace all identical offsets with another #org @[each one has a unique name]
so if before this your script looked like this
Spoiler:

then afterwards it would look like...
Spoiler:

hope this helped!

score_under

Years
I just wanted to mention a feature I never announced, for some reason.

You can decompile and compile marts, like so:
Code:
#dyn 0x800000 '#dyn is shorthand for #dynamic
#org @start
pokemart @mart
end
#org @mart
item FULLRESTORE
item POKEBALL
endmart
However, the decompiled marts do not show the item name, they only show the item ID. This will change next version.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2010
Yeah umm

I tried to download it, but the link only leads to....a nasty site. How do you download it, and whats with the nasty site thing?

score_under

Years
I tried to download it, but the link only leads to....a nasty site. How do you download it, and whats with the nasty site thing?
One of the sites I was using has been hacked; I have now replaced the "Get it at" link with the "direct link".

If you were affected by the spyware at that site, see http://www.2-spyware.com/remove-seekmo.html

Sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Last edited:

THE HACK ATTACK

a hack attack is coming soon.
Years
just say that i need a WIndows update or somethin... just wonderin if it could be Win98 compatible cuz i wanna use a script editor for my gold hack i'm doing...

Edit: Funny i ran it under compatability mode on WinXP and it works fine...idk what my computers problem is...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back