• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hey me again (again) so im in sprite editing and i figured out how to change the overworld sprite but the sprite that you see in battle...what program do i use to change that?
The sprites in actual battles? You should use unLZ-GBA by Hackmew (find in Hackmew's Tool Factory) and replace sprites that way. Though you need to make sure your sprites are indexed to 16 colors and that it's 64x64. Look around in the Tutorial forum for guides on inserting sprites.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
Years
Hey me again (again) so im in sprite editing and i figured out how to change the overworld sprite but the sprite that you see in battle...what program do i use to change that?

The Trainers backsprite you see in battle (before the throw of a pokeball) can be found and edited VERY easily thanks to the Nameless Sprite Editor, find it in the toolbox.

Loaf

Just loafing around...
Years
I'm hacking Pokemon Emerald. I just want to play the default adventure, but with two custom Pokemon of my choice. Of course A-Starter only lets you change the Pokemon you can select... I had some code before that gave you two Pokemon, but I can't remember what I did.
How can I make it so when I select a Pokemon in Emerald it gives me two? I want Barboach and Anorith.

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm hacking Pokemon Emerald. I just want to play the default adventure, but with two custom Pokemon of my choice. Of course A-Starter only lets you change the Pokemon you can select... I had some code before that gave you two Pokemon, but I can't remember what I did.
How can I make it so when I select a Pokemon in Emerald it gives me two? I want Barboach and Anorith.

Just add the following script segment somewhere (remember to repoint!):

Code:
#include stdpoke.rbh

givepokemon PKMN_BARBOACH 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0
givepokemon PKMN_ANORITH 0x5 0x0 0x0 0x0 0x0

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Ah! Now that's the problem that I had previously. To get Sappy to work, you need to have all the runtimes (.ocx files) and .dll files needed to run them.

Simply search the following on Google:

.dll files:

Runtime (.ocx) files:

Then simply put them into the "C:\Windows\System32" folder.
Once you've done that, open up a Command Prompt, which is in Start > All Programs > Accessories

Then once you've opened up the Command Prompt, type in "regsvr32 [insert .dll/.ocx file here]".

However, just to note... the only file that doesn't need to be registered is fmod.dll.
thanks for your help but i cant seem to find any of the vbal or timermm ones

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2013
I've just started changing the FR tilesets, and I've had a little bit of trouble. There were no problems with tree and grass tiles, but I've tried adding Pokemon centers (placeholder buildings until I add them in), but I'm getting a weird problem where the base of the center is being replaced by animations.​

error1.png

I've already taken off all the behaviours and tried re-adding the tiles, but nothing seems to be working. Anyone have an idea where I might be going wrong?​

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
I've just started changing the FR tilesets, and I've had a little bit of trouble. There were no problems with tree and grass tiles, but I've tried adding Pokemon centers (placeholder buildings until I add them in), but I'm getting a weird problem where the base of the center is being replaced by animations.​

error1.png

I've already taken off all the behaviours and tried re-adding the tiles, but nothing seems to be working. Anyone have an idea where I might be going wrong?​
You will just need to put those tiles into a different spot in the tileset - the place you have it now was where all the water tiles were originally stored, so the animations are overwriting the tiles you imported.

So yeah, just move the tiles to a different spot in the tileset... or you could remove the animation data (what is a lot harder).

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
In Advance Map is there a person sprite number for an invisible sprite? Like what I want to do is make it so that once you enter this one town, everyone is at a rally so you can't go in their house, but once you complete what you need to do at the rally, you can go in their house. I wanted to put a person event box on the door, and if you talk to it then it will say "We're not at home, bla bla bla." Can someone please tell me the number for an invisible sprite?

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
In Advance Map is there a person sprite number for an invisible sprite? Like what I want to do is make it so that once you enter this one town, everyone is at a rally so you can't go in their house, but once you complete what you need to do at the rally, you can go in their house. I wanted to put a person event box on the door, and if you talk to it then it will say "We're not at home, bla bla bla." Can someone please tell me the number for an invisible sprite?
I think what you can do is make a script event, and put it on a scripting tile. That way if you didn't set the flag of whatever flag you use, it will prevent people from going to where you want them to, until the flag is set. Just look for a tutorial on scripting flags. For example:

Code:
#dynamic 0xoffset
checkflag 0x1000
if 0x1 goto @done
msgbox @1 msg_normal
applymovement move_player @move
waitmovement 0x0
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @1
= We're not here.

#org @move
#raw 0x10
#raw 0xFE

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hi, i cant find lief/green/blue(the girl trainer) in fr/lg and already tried nameless sprite editor. need help
Go to unLZ-GBA and go to near 1636. There the female player front sprite will be there, along with the male player sprite and Brendan/May.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
thanks for your help but i cant seem to find any of the vbal or timermm ones
Usually you would find them on Google, however I'll be helpful and upload them for you, so you can download them, OK?

.dll files:

fmod.dll (does not need to be registered via Command Prompt)

SSubTmr6.dll

TimerMM.dll

.ocx files:

cPopMenu6.ocx

vbalCbEx6.ocx

vbalExpBar6.ocx

vbalIml.ocx

I'm sure these files might also come in handy if someone is also missing those runtime files and .dll files. Because these files are needed when running Sappy, just remember to register the .ocx and .dll files by opening up a Command Prompt, then typing in "regsvr32 [insert file and extention here]. Otherwise Sappy won't run.

Years
Hm... well first you might want to do some script editing on the Battle Tower area if you want it to go more anime-style battling, and also... change the warps on the Pokémon League doors as well to warping you to inside the Battle Tower. Then the rest would be all up to changing other scripts... such as entering the Hall of Fame after battling the final trainer.

And .ini files for AdvanceText, eh? Well if I was editing other text for other maps, I'd use XSE.

I found XSE through a Google link and downloaded it. I loaded it and I don't even know where to start. There's a big text window plus a calculator to the right. I loaded Ruby in it and I can't find any of the text files or anything. What are offset values? I look for built-in scripts and text adjuster and found nothing either in my ROM folder or XSE's folder. I don't know anything about scripting so I don't know what to do now.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
I don't know anything about scripting so I don't know what to do now.

The answer to this question alone answers all of your other questions...
You need to learn how to script first before you can actually understand other scripts.

There are many scripting tutorials in the Tutorials section.
Learn and understand the basic scripting and practice what you have learned before jumping towards a more advance script...

edit...
By the way...
To answer your question about the Advance Text ini for Ruby...
You need to manually search the text through the 'Search' function of A-Text.

Years

edit...
By the way...
To answer your question about the Advance Text ini for Ruby...
You need to manually search the text through the 'Search' function of A-Text.

Thanks for that. That does work but what about all the random talk what all the trainers say before and after battling them? I don't know all of text off by heart so it would be quite difficult locating all of that.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Thanks for that. That does work but what about all the random talk what all the trainers say before and after battling them? I don't know all of text off by heart so it would be quite difficult locating all of that.

Like I said, manually search the text through A-Text's 'Search' button...
Type exactly what they say and search for it.

eperty234

Backsprite Noob
Years
It is in the bookmarks that come with Nameless Sprite Editor...

If that for some way odd reason doesn't work, (Which it SHOULD, NSE can edit ANY graphic in the games...) you need Tile Molester to find it.

Well thanks, But how do i open the bookmark file? and what is the offset of Leafs back sprite in tile molester alternative?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back