• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Speaking of Olivine City, What about the Whirlpools between Cianwood city and Olivine City. Whirlpool has been stopped as a HM since Ruby version.

Yea, since the 3rd Gen of Pkmn games, whirlpool has became useless. It's still available as a HM for FR/LG(I think) but since there aren't any whirpools in any 3rd Gen game, its just an ordinary move with no other use. You could remove the whirlpools from the Whirl Islands(or whatever they're called) but then that would take out the Whirl from Whirl Islands(not that it really matters, Im sure most people just wanna get Lugia whatever way possible)

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Don't worry people! Whirlpools will be in Whirl Islands, but to be able to "cross" them (did I use the word ok?), you'll need a special item gotten obviously in the Gym you would get the Whirlpool HM (Mahogany, if I remember correctly). You get the badge and the item. Once you have that item, whirlpools wont stop you anymore (That's the idea, and pretty easy to script too)

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 29, 2009
You've even figured out how to make the whirlpools possible?! You seem to have all of this figured out. I'm still very impressed with your work and the fact that you still work on it quite often. Keep going strong Zel and I'll keep watching along the way. I'm just so glad to see a Gold remake that wasn't scrapped during scripting!

scf

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
actually you get whirlpool after you beat team rocket in mohogany town

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
OK, then I'll give the item after beating TR in Mahogany, but in order to use it you'd need to defeat the Gym. That's as close as possible. And, no, there wont a be a move for your poke to use whirlpool. You just need to have the item, and defeat the Gym. that's all.

I'd like to work on it as often as you say, RKO1125. That's not true (at least as often as I'd like), but I work whenever I get any free time, I dont do any other thing besides working on the hack.

PS: I just replaced the trainer in the Oak intro to show the hero (I guess I'm not caring too much about the heroine, eh?), it may not be really impressive, but at least it's something. I'll post it when the screenshots time come.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
Take your time with that, you've done a lot so far....once Mahogany is done, all you need to do is create the maps for the route that lead to the ice cave, the ice cave itself, Blackthorn, the route south of Blackthorn(and the caves there too),The Pokemon League and then you're done for the Johto segment, and free to decide whether or not you wanna add Kanto into the game.

Years
Umm......... Hes using the Sevii Islands to make Johto, without touching Kanto so he CAN put Kanto in the game, and all he would need to do for Kanto is some scripting, a little changes here and there, and WOILA! Kanto in three years is born!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yes, that's right. All I'd need to do is give Kanto a "refresh", and scripting (well, there are not many things to do in Kanto, that allows me to be a little creative and add a few new things, hehe)

By the way, now I've changed the battle back for the hero (forget the heroine), with the sprites provided earlier (I'm gonna give credit, dont worry!). But I seem to be needing something this time. So all of you spriters over there, pay attention!

Right now I'd need an overworld sprite for a Miltank (for the Moomoo farm). It would have to be front, back, and sides (standing on four legs, if possible). Anyone up to the task, you may post it here or send it via PM. I'll give credit to the best work.

Having that, I'd have all I wanted to end the second beta. Then, I'll play & test the game once again, take the new screenshots. Then I'll keep working till I reach Cianwood, and post those screenshots.

Well, that's all. I'm gonna be busy again till next Thursday, but I may have some free time, I hope so. See ya!

sahil

Mewtwo Hunter
Years
  • Seen Nov 18, 2007
it is very pleasing to hear that you put alot of work in this project, but i still got 1 question: are you going to let the starters be catched?

Years
Hey i have an Idea, How about your character, lives in Kanto, and after you face Red (in Mt.Silver), then your character goes to Mt. Silverand you have a 2 on 2 battle with Red and your guy, xD

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2007
With the things you're gonna change in Kanto, PLEASE put the Safari Zone in!!!
Just so that i know, are all 386 pokemon gonna be in there?

By the way - great hack, keep it going, cant wait to play the finished game

Last edited by a moderator:

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
Years
zel, I know you said this isnt going to be a 100% gold remake, so i have a question

How is Kanto going to be in this game? is is going to be left unchanged or are are you gonna give it the 3 years later treatment aswell?

scf

Years
  • Seen Sep 15, 2015
he already said he is gonna change somethings. Anyways I might try the miltank later

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
it is very pleasing to hear that you put alot of work in this project, but i still got 1 question: are you going to let the starters be catched?

Affirmative, some will be catched (they'll be super rare). Some will be gotten by other ways.

Hey i have an Idea, How about your character, lives in Kanto, and after you face Red (in Mt.Silver), then your character goes to Mt. Silverand you have a 2 on 2 battle with Red and your guy, xD

Probably my character would never join with Red (they'd end up fighting themselves before battling against the player... :) )

All poke are gonna be in. And about the Safari Zone, probably it'll be open, but in another region (in Gold, Kanto's SZ is closed, and so will be in this hack)

I'm requesting the miltank overworld again (just in case you didnt read the previous page...). It would have to be front, back and sides (standing on four if possible). You may post them here or PM them to me. Thanks for your time!

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2007
4th gen pokemon

ok - so safari zone will be back :):)
and 'all poke will be in'
does this include the ones from pearl/diamond, if you can get their sprites?

dipset4ever

Pokemon Hacker in the Making
Years
ok - so safari zone will be back :):)
and 'all poke will be in'
does this include the ones from pearl/diamond, if you can get their sprites?

no its only going to include up to the 3rd generation... If you want him to spend a whole year on this just putting in 4th generation PKMN you are sadly mistaken

The english version hasnt even come out yet and not everything about the 4th gen pkmn have been solved yet so theres no point in putting them in... srry buddy but im sure 386 is the limit

andreas2

typhlosion master trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Nov 2, 2007
what?

what? the maps are really bad?? NO WAY!! these maps are just perfect!! this hack is the best, it's my favourite!! keep up good work!! it's great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back