What other Pokemon forums do you frequent?

Started by AChipOffTheOldBrock February 17th, 2021 1:32 AM
  • 22 replies

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit

Age 24
Male
NC
Seen February 18th, 2021
Posted February 18th, 2021
148 posts
8.6 Years
What are your favorite pokemon forums?

I used to be on pokemon forums nonstop but that was 5+ years ago and many of my original forum homes have closed. Some of you guys may remember me from EverGrandeCity and other now defunct forums. Other forums I've used include Serebii and Marilland

Sheep

she/her
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
31,944 posts
14.6 Years
Ahhh ever grande city was so important to me say back when it was still around. I miss it :( I also had accounts on Azurilland, Pokémon Elite 2000, and Petalburg Woods. Still have accounts on Lake Valor, Serebii, and Bulbagarden, but Bulba is about the only other one I still use besides PC.

art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness

Female
っ・ω・)っ━☆゚.*・。゚
Seen 9 Hours Ago
Posted 9 Hours Ago
1,661 posts
1.9 Years
The only forums I'm on now are Lake Valor (where I am a mod!) and here. I don't think I was part of any others.
(╯°Д°)╯ ┻━┻
FLIP ALL THE TABLES!

Q+A / My Art
Owner of PC's fashion club!

Fairy

genderfluid
in the flowers
Online now
Posted 43 Minutes Ago
12,243 posts
9.9 Years
PC for life, yo

girlfriend ♥ colours
boyfriend ♥ ivysaur

Roni

shen't
PH
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
15,146 posts
8.1 Years
PC for life, yo
same on this now.

i gave Lake Valor a try a few weeks ago, but didn't really get too into it. i used to have an account over at Marriland.com, but i don't think i ever really contributed anything there. PC is literally the only fun Pokemon spot on the internet for me.
Paired with Ash KetchupModerator of Meet & Greet
VPPAvatar
Flair & Profile
Crafted by the lovely Fairy

colours

she/her
the dream world
Online now
Posted 22 Hours Ago
7,243 posts
16 Years
pretty much only PC

which.... to be honest, i feel kinda sad about it? like, i feel said in the way that i wish smaller pokemon forums were still a thing like they were back then. nowadays it's really only PC, Serebii, and Bulbagarden left. i used to be active on bulba and i worked my way over to admin there, but resigned so i'm really just active here these days. :s

smaller pokemon forums are kinda fun to have around. shame they aren't a thing, anymore.

Fafrir

Like a knife through butter!

Female
In the treasure trove
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,630 posts
6.8 Years
I would say Marriland would be my other forum I would visit often but it has sadly closed down. It was my second home for a while as well. So I'm pretty much only active here but I do lurk on Smogon.
| Moderator of Pokemon General and Art Studio

Palamon

Has sent out Pikachu!

Age 24
he/him
Milaturia.
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
6,302 posts
12.3 Years
I would say Marriland would be my other forum I would visit often but it has sadly closed down. It was my second home for a while as well. So I'm pretty much only active here but I do lurk on Smogon.
Wait, when did Marriland shut down? This is news to me...

I'm on Pokemon Crossroads still to this day, and here. Sometimes I'm on Lake valor, Serebii, and ocassionally will pop into Pokemon International Forums. The latter one is dead to this day, but is still up and running.

Back when EGC was still a thing (and then became Slateport) I was pretty active there, same with Petalburg Woods but...that died sometimes in 2019, if I recall correctly. I also was on the Pokemon Plaza for the small brief period that existed & Pokemon Nightmare, Pokelight and the then merged Pokemon Solstice. Fun fact to no one who knew this, but Ever Grande City was Solstice's "sucessor" or whatever LMFAO.

But, I've been on a hell of a lot of Pokemon forums in my hayday. Nowadays, though, nothing's left, really, only a few remain, which is really sad, if you ask me. =/
Theme: Yumichika Ayasegawa
Pair: Taemin

Caite-chan

...blasting off again!

Age 33
Female
Vermillion City
Online now
Posted 58 Minutes Ago
9,342 posts
17.5 Years
I've been on pretty much everything at some point. I started out on PE2K WAAAAY back in the day when it was still on Pro Boards and then when they moved from Pro Boards I remember being excited because I was the 3rd person to join on the new forums...lol.

My other major place I've been is Bulbagarden and was there for a few years. Then moved to Pokemon Crossroads and got as far as being a Global Mod before everything started to die down a bit.

I've also joined Serebii but that just didn't work along with a few other small ones.

Then here I am and I think I joined this either before or shortly after joining PE2K and just flat out forgot for many years only to pop in every now and then and then made this my home now.
VPP: Leavanny @ 9,470 |Futro Region
"It is the struggle itself that is most important. We must strive to
be more than we are. It does not matter that we will never reach
our ultimate goal. The effort yields its own rewards."
- Lt. Cmdr. Data

Moderator of: VPP & Pokemon Mobile
Seen March 28th, 2021
Posted March 7th, 2021
127 posts
6.7 Years
I don't think Marriland has been shut down (since I just opened it), but I do remember something along those lines. Maybe they re-designed?

Fafrir

Female
In the treasure trove
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,630 posts
6.8 Years
Wait, when did Marriland shut down? This is news to me...
I don't think Marriland has been shut down (since I just opened it), but I do remember something along those lines. Maybe they re-designed?
They have announced this about a month ago and the forums are currently on read-only mode and will shut down Oct 1st. Marriland's main site is still running tho.

AChipOffTheOldBrock

Too Legit To Quit

Age 24
Male
NC
Seen February 18th, 2021
Posted February 18th, 2021
148 posts
8.6 Years
They have announced this about a month ago and the forums are currently on read-only mode and will shut down Oct 1st. Marriland's main site is still running tho.
What a shame, that was my first forum back when I was young and dumb

Back in the heyday I feel like it was a lot easier to find smaller tight knit communities that actually were active. I think social media, and Reddit especially, are forum killers

Edit: just read all these farewell posts on Marrilland forum, bummer!

Bahamut

Get your game on!

Age 18
She/her
Norway
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
304 posts
3 Years
Other than PokeCommunity, I use Bulbagarden sometimes. I used to be active on Azurilland/Marriland, but the forums have shut down recently.

Flowerchild

Age 22
She/Her
Hyperspace
Online now
Posted 10 Hours Ago
8,226 posts
11 Years
Only PC for a long time. I joined PE2K once but I wanted to talk about ROM hacking and they told me we weren't allowed to so I ditched it.
PairFamily

Roni

shen't
PH
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Weeks Ago
15,146 posts
8.1 Years
There are other pokemon forums? I've only heard about this one...
i think Pokecommunity's one of the more popular ones, so naturally it'd show up higher on Google search results. there's plenty though if you keep looking around the net hehe.
Paired with Ash KetchupModerator of Meet & Greet
VPPAvatar
Flair & Profile
Crafted by the lovely Fairy

ZeoStar

dream world
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 4 Hours Ago
5,729 posts
3.6 Years
This is my first time that I can recall using a pokemon forum. I made a few posts on serebii when i was like 13, but that's about it. I don't feel the need to use another right now
http://www.simpleimageresizer.com/_uploads/photos/1c9662e4/cloud_3_400x350.jpg

Sheep

she/her
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 13 Hours Ago
31,944 posts
14.6 Years
I used to be active on Azurilland/Marriland, but the forums have shut down recently.
Yeah that was really sad, I know people who used to spend all day there. Must have been devastating for some of the more dedicated members to lose something that was such an important part of their life. :x I was only ever active for a short while compared to others so I never built up that same level of attachment.

art blog | art thread | vpp | mal | ffxiv
sheep x bobandbill 5ever

Fafrir

Female
In the treasure trove
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
1,630 posts
6.8 Years
What a shame, that was my first forum back when I was young and dumb

Back in the heyday I feel like it was a lot easier to find smaller tight knit communities that actually were active. I think social media, and Reddit especially, are forum killers

Edit: just read all these farewell posts on Marrilland forum, bummer!
Yeah that was really sad, I know people who used to spend all day there. Must have been devastating for some of the more dedicated members to lose something that was such an important part of their life. :x I was only ever active for a short while compared to others so I never built up that same level of attachment.
Yeah for sure! Marriland was basically a second home for me as well as others and I have sadly expected this with the activity waning. I am still in touch with members I have made as friends though.

On the plus side, I have you guys and this lovely forum! <3

colours

she/her
the dream world
Online now
Posted 22 Hours Ago
7,243 posts
16 Years
this thread still makes me sad that there aren't other pokemon forums. i'm hoping smaller pokemon forums would end up making some sort of return in the future, because i think there's definitely a place for small and cozy forums. they offer a different kind of feeling, i think o:
Paired with flowerchild and Fairy

Ash Ketchup

She/Her
Tohjo Falls
Seen 44 Minutes Ago
Posted 48 Minutes Ago
13,319 posts
15.6 Years
I have used most of them in the past, but this is the only one I post on these days :)
Noivern
Type: Flying / Dragon
Shiny: No
Received @ 13,184
Hatched @ 13,199
Lv.100 @ 13,344
Paired with Roni | You down with VPP? | My Trainer Stats
Moderator of Entertainment & Media - Music, Film, TV, Books, Sports and More!

*Vote Closing Soon* Choose your favourites from the nominees in the Pokécommunity Grammy Awards!