• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokénchi reveals new Lycanroc form for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
As I said in the Discord, I just think it's clear they are focusing on the Switch games. Not entirely sure why these games are even being made, to be honest. Perhaps as a response to the people who wanted a Pokemon Z and demand third versions.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I....oh. That's it?

Was hoping for a little bit more than "hey there's a new form of a Pokemon in the games" and literally nothing else. Y'know, just a little bit more.

Maybe some other day we'll get something more substantial.....

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
It's interesting that this Lycanroc has Midday's general body shape and Midnight's head spike and possible red eyes.

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2019
Well it really resembles midday form:
At this point I really think they dont have much info to reveal regarding the new games. Typical 3rd version probably, I think.

Years
I love Midday and Midnight forms of Lycanroc, but this straight up sucks. It's just an awkward halfway house between the two pre-existing forms with an awful color scheme. It's a completely unnecessary addition and I prefer the original Lycanroc forms.

At least we got some news on the games, I suppose that's a positive.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Well it's not big news, but I really do like this new lycanroc form. Maybe we'll be getting a dawn form to go along with this too? :0

This is what I am thinking. Not to mention, apparently there were 2 placeholder images, not just one. I think it will look mostly like Midnight, but with a few aspects of Midday, similar to Dusk.

I am thinking it's main color will be Purple with Yellow eyes. The spiky hair style, may be a little less spiky similar to Midday.

My favorite colors are orange and green, so I am extremely happy about this!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
As the website states that this Lycanroc can't really be caught in the wild, something tells me there's a small window of opportunity to evolve your Rockruff into this Lycanroc: 5 PM in-game time, the time when dusk would most likely happen.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
I like it! Lycanroc is one of my favorite Pokemon, and this form is very colorful.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
My official prediction is Rock/Ghost, by the way.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
It's.... not the worst thing I've seen out there. I'd hoped for it to be red, and I really strongly dislike the green eyes, but overall it's really well designed. I might even have one on my team for my playthrough of one of the games.

I'm skeptical of the "dusk" name given that dusk is commonly associated with night rather than with twilight or sunset, but it sounds cool anyway so I suppose I don't really care!

Years
I like the design itself but it doesn't look too different from mid-day Lycanroc, so it feels a bit underwhelming. Tbh, I thought it was just a shinny Lycanroc when I first saw it.

Ida13

Gone For a While
Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Dec 6, 2017
If there is a form for the sunrise, it would possibly be a different color of the night form, possibly purple or grey. The fur on it would be more like the day forms.

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
Years
I love it man and I'm exited to see dawn form if there is one. I'm guessing you can only get it training rockruff from 5-8pm maybe

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I like it but then I realize that it looks exactly like day form with orange fur, so that's why I like it... (since I was a huge fan of day form)....

Sorta lazy imo... I realize it's supposed to be a combination of both but hmm. I wish we got something new altogether, unless this has something revolutionary.

Back