• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Binary] Project Zeldamon Team

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
Years

UnL7vi1.png

IT'S DANGEROUS TO GO ALONE!

Hey, I'm that guy who was making the Fire Red hack, The Legend of Zelda: Sacred Paradox.

Sacred Paradox has been dead for a while, and the version I released previously was very buggy and honestly partially unplayable unless you read the instructions I left with the patch.
Anyways, I've picked the project back up again, and I'm trying to play this a little smarter this time. Which is why for now, I'm just calling it PROJECT ZELDAMON.

As was said in the last post of the original thread, A team is needed this time around.
This hack is very ambitious as it's pretty much an overhaul of all of the graphics, maps and music of the original engine, with the need for all-new handmade Pokemon sprites for the Zelda monsters.

There is already a Discord set up with a bunch members, which is where the majority of coordination will be handled.

WHAT IS NEEDED?

Realistically, pretty much everything. Looking for real Zelda fans who are passionate about the series above all else.

More than anything we need programmers who are familiar with XSE, but even more dire is the need for someone who knows ASM.

You don't necessarily have to fit the mold of any of the above jobs to help out. Just let me know what you're good at and we can figure something out.

CREDITS:
Spoiler:

At this time, we are NOT LOOKING FOR BETA TESTERS.

Just post here or head directly over to the Discord to let us know what you want to help with!

Last edited:

Danno

Years
I appreciate it but really this game is only a pokemon game in the way that it uses monster battles instead of Zelda sword fights and it's literally using the Fire Red engine lol. Everything else from Pokemon aside from the moves and menus are being replaced with Zelda stuff, and even the menus are getting a graphics change and a few moves might be renamed.

A lot of people have come forward to join us on Discord, if any other rom hackers would like to join us just stop by!

Years
I would love to be a part of this game. I've played all of the Zelda games and in fact the Oracle games your tiles are from were my favorite I usually go by Moosh on other forums. I've been hacking for like 7 years so my area of expertise ranges I sprite I map (my best and favorite aspect) I am a amateur scripter but getting better. Let me know if this is still alive and I can help.

Danno

Years
Sorry for the rough bump, but this is still active on Discord and we're still looking for help. In the time that's passed we've mainly been focusing on sprites, but as you can see here we're making great progress!

EDIT: removed Dex for later post

Last edited:
Years
Hey Danno, There is this one person on vp's rheg thread sharing a hyruledex for months now, doing slow but steady sprite work which is really good.
It might be in your interest to correspond with them.

Good luck with the project, it's a fun idea.

Attachments

• 1576342318381.png
    1576342318381.png
    22.3 KB · Views: 27

Danno

Years
We're still looking for people. The more you know about actual rom hacking the better, we could really use a music hacker and programmers are always welcome!

Here's our dex as of 2/4/2020
p3OLR78.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
wouldn't it make more sense for Keaton ot be ghost type since they're known as the ghost fox

Danno

Years
It's not really a ghost though. For the same reason I'm planning on changing Re-Dead and Gibdo out of the ghost type because it implies they can't be easily hit with physical attacks.

Here's an update on the dex:
Spoiler:

Placement in the dex and typing are subject to change

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 18, 2024
good to see this game is still in progress but not dead.
Hope to see this game finished in the future😀

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Sep 12, 2023
Two things: First, is this project still alive, and second, I can potentially help with spriting if that's still needed.

Giratina Musics

Road to Polyglot
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024
I am a sheetmusic composer but I can download it as mp3. im also very good at balancing

Danno

Years
This project is still ongoing, yes. Really we don't need any more spriters, mappers or musicians at this point, but we sorely need programmers. The discord link in the first post is still valid, we really only put updates on there in the team channels, but sometimes the general channel will get a little bit of info

Back