• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The Berry Glitch

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
In the rse games, there's a glitch where berries will stop growing. However, Nintendo created a berry upgrade program in emerald to fix it. Were you ever hit by the berry glitch in RSE?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
i had the patch from the pokemon colosseum bonus disc to fix it, but i mean i hit the point where my batteries gave out and won't grow the berries anymore. so yeah. it kind of sucks too bc as a kid, i really enjoyed planting and growing berries. like that was a core part of gameplay for me and i liked collecting them, too. big bummer when i couldn't anymore. i had forgotten how much i enjoyed that aspect of the game til i got a japanese copy of sapphire. the battery still kept up with the time so i was actually able to grow berries and it was, again, a core part of my playthrough in the game bc i can't read it, but i can look at berries and know which is which and use them to my advantage. it was a neat way to play the game and it was a real treat to get to grow berries again like i enjoyed as a child. hadn't had such a good RSE playthrough in a while and even though i couldn't read it, it kinda felt like i was 10 again.

_pheebee

[I]Gosh! What's poppin'?[/i]
Years
I never really did much with berries during my first ever play through.

But, I used FRLG for the Berry Patch.
Didn't know what it was, my child brain presumed New Berries.

Back