• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Eggs Hatched at Level 5

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Before generation 4, it was impossible (outside of glitches in generation I) to get a level 1 Pokemon. Do you ever think about that? Always found it weird Pokemon hated at level 5 until gen 4.

Years
Always begged the question as to how the hell did wild Pokemon on the first routes get their levels lmao. Would've made more sense to me if they just put it at Lvl 2 (if they really had constraints to not be able to get a Pokemon to Lvl 1 before Gen 4).

pkmin3033

I actually forgot about it, haha. Definitely more useful, but gaining levels that low isn't particularly difficult even with bait-and-switch tactics, and it makes a lot less sense.

Years
it was odd to me at first when they changed it so hatched mons start at lv. 1, since I've never really seen a lv. 1 in the wild before. makes sense though since newly-hatched babies are obviously weak!

trainer_nokachi

the trainer who wanders ~
Years
  • Age 31
  • AZ
  • Seen Dec 16, 2020
When I was young, I thought it was strange how there were wild Pokemon that were lower level than newly hatched baby Pokemon. I'm glad they made sense of it in gen4, it was always weird starting up w/ a Pokemon that's already beefed up w/ some xp as they hatch.

Back