• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Decomps] Pokemon Crystal Prodigy: Programming help needed!

Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Dec 29, 2023
Hello... I am looking for help with my ROM hack, Pokemon Crystal Prodigy, which uses pokecrystal. I copied the changes from the new evolution methods page, but my code is incredibly buggy. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Description:

The game is designed to be more difficult than the original but not overly so, and instead focuses more on storyline additions. Main features:

- A new trainer class: the Prodigies (Male and Female). Distinguished by their blue outfits, they have smarter AI and stronger and more diverse teams than the other trainers of the areas they are in. In Johto you'll find them training in Routes in the grass, having already beaten the Gyms they are nearest to. In Kanto you'll find them in the Gyms. When you beat them, they give you items.
- Virtually every trainer in the game has a higher-leveled team. This is most noticeable in the Gyms, the Elite Four, and in Kanto.
- All 251 Pokemon are available. The Celebi event has been restored; go to the Goldenrod PokeCenter after entering the Hall of Fame.
- Expansive post-game in Kanto, including dozens of new trainers, a major side quest, and a re-match of the Elite Four. Most new trainers are optional, as they will only challenge you if you step right in front of them or talk to them.
- After defeating the Elite Four Round 2, any knocked-out Legendaries reappear in their original locations.
- Tons of new items added, including the Lucky Egg and Scope Lens.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:

In the future I also want to include a Soothe Bell and a Move Reminder, but that is for another day.

Thanks!
-Jordan

Last edited:
Back